It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**BREAKING** Trump just trolled the Dems & @AOC in epic fashion. Brilliant!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 11:24 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: iplay1up2
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Whatever, over 90% of Climatologists have said Global Warming, needs to be slowed immediately. Make fun of Climate change, all you want, but it's very real.

Lets say it’s real. That is only part of the issue. The question is what can be done about it, how serious is the actual problem, what is the cost, and would it be better to spend money on new tech in development as opposed to what exists now. Simply stating it could kill all of us is not a good enough argument. An asteroid could kill all of us and we have no defense for it. Ebola could kill us all and we have no defense for it. AI could kill us all and we are not working on a defense.

Despite the lefts fearmongering it is not a black and white issue. A cost benefit analysis must be performed.

Republicans, still look to the environment coal and oil, to supply our energy, newsflash it is not 1970 anymore.

My next door neighbor, installed Solar panels on his roof last spring. When it was 117 degrees here, he recieved CREDIT, on his electric bill, while I paid hundreds.

Clearly Green energy works. The problem with wind turbines, is just like any home fan, they need a screen, then birds won't be killed.

You really don’t know what you are talking about. First off there is no replacement for fossil fuels for ships or planes. Second solar and wind are intermittent - it gets dark or cloudy and the wind stops blowing - this means batteries must be used to store the energy. Major problem - there is not 1/1000 th of the battery manufacturing needed in existence to support doing that currently. There likely is not enough lithium and cobalt on the planet for it either.
Battery tech does not exist to legit get rid of fossil fuels - period.

Anyway, of the Republicans aren't concerned about climate change, the Democrats will have to deal with it.

Next month, I am putting Solar panels on our house, right after we have the roof shingles all taken off, and replaced. I am looking forward to keeping my house at 75 degrees, in the summer, with zero guilt!

More power to you, as a republican I am for every individual using their money on solar panels and electric cars. I plan on eventually doing the same thing. But the government mandating it is the problem, either the technology is viable or it isn’t. You can’t force it to be viable with a law. Tech is already moving as fast as it can towards renewable energy, wanting it to exist now or by some arbitrary date is stupid.
edit on 10-2-2019 by proximo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 12:25 AM
link   
We could probably help eliminate greenhouse gases enough if we just stopped all air travel and stopped vegans and vegetarians from eating all plants which make them fart so much.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

They've gone plaid.

You have warmed my heart today. I hope this line makes an appearance often during 2020.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 12:47 AM
link   
she just figured it out (after somebody told her how to) -@AOC

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 12:54 AM
link   

My next door neighbor, installed Solar panels on his roof last spring. When it was 117 degrees here, he recieved CREDIT, on his electric bill, while I paid hundreds.

Clearly Green energy works. The problem with wind turbines, is just like any home fan, they need a screen, then birds won't be killed.

Firstly, solar panels operate on sunlight but also have peak temperature efficiency, which tends to be around 24 Celsius, or about 75 Fahrenheit. When it was 117 Fahrenheit, they would have been operating well below peak output, meaning that your neighbour should almost always be in credit.

But personal solar pv systems can only work in terms of macro economics when not everyone is using them. People using them still need to use grid electricity when their personal pv system is not producing enough output, even with battery storage. But if every house used solar pv systems, nobody is actually paying for the maintenance and extension of the grid, or the power supplies fed to it. It's not as simple as everyone switching to solar.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
I've got no problem if Trump wants to act like a troll. He's doing everything in his power to divide this country

Call him troll, Hitler, whatever you like, at this point in time I don't care if we have to vote for Pepe the frog...

He is doing what no president in modern history has been able to do, and that is what really matters.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Your "economic sense" is the problem. Im usually on your side about most issues, but when we say we don't want to try and make the world less polluted because of cost, then we are doomed. When it's too expensive to reduce pollution, when it's too hard to find a trash can so we just toss our s@#t on the ground, when we feel slightly inconvenienced to be better stewards of our planet, most people say f#$k it. Litter this beeotch up. That's a problematic attitude that will be our demise. Or an asteroid will kill us all before we can kill ourselves. The universe will get along just fine without us. Trust me.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

They're eating all the oxygen makers. I eat the carbon dioxide producers.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 02:06 AM
link   
All I know is, AOC should be terrified of vegans.

If this statement makes no sense to you, you might be an AOC supporter.

(they eat vegetables)

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Starhooker

Well the USA can go all green, then when we are broke, China or Russia or heck even Iran can stomp us into the dirt and start polluting even more. Brush up on Arabic oldson.. btw. Those other places are stiill polluting more than the USA now

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Trump - twitter

Everyone get popcorn and grab beer, this is going to be unreal in the fallout. The plume is still rising and there is plenty of time yet to transpire prior to the dust settling.

Yes, he is the worlds greatest troll, his twitter account is his laser-pointer.

Dems just don't get it, they're too busy trying to catch the light to see what is happening.

A simple tweet is breaking news....

wow

I don't follow parties, mostly due to this. This time i just don't know what to think, but reading that, i did not find how it was "breaking news" at all

We went into full retard camp now. I guess most people did not get the "never go full retard" memo and now stuff like this is "breaking news" and "too clever". We hit Idiocracy way too early, this was not on the schedule dude!

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 03:47 AM
link   
The commander in chief of the us armed forces doesn’t know the military is doing ever thing it can to reduce dependency on fossil fuels or that car manufacturers are pushing to electric cars....

You are right it is a brilliant example of trolling missing the mark by a few thousand miles.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: subfab

Sorry...the right may be a tad nutty at times.

The left are straight-jacket and lobotomy ready with a required, daily shock treatment.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 03:53 AM
link   

The fact you find the fact the President of the United States is an Internet teoll epic and brilliant and newsworthy, as opposed to cringeworthy and petty speaks volumes about the state of US Politics and this is coming from someone whose country is a bi of a laughing stock on the world stage...
edit on 10/2/19 by djz3ro because: I don't know what a preaident o

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 04:47 AM
link   
It seems somewhat odd that the approach to climate change is to make an attempt to control nature and tax everyone.
I would have thought human beings would have embraced evolution by now and be looking at ways to protect their habitats against the extra 6ft of sea level by 2100 (worst case climate model - probably more like 2ft).

Maybe some sea walls would work.. oh wait, walls don't work.. perhaps some drones to monitor the sea spilling into coastal areas would be more humane.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Start a second Civil War?

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Whatever, over 90% of Climatologists have said Global Warming, needs to be slowed immediately. Make fun of Climate change, all you want, but it's very real.

Republicans, still look to the environment coal and oil, to supply our energy, newsflash it is not 1970 anymore.

Anyway, of the Republicans aren't concerned about climate change, the Democrats will have to deal with it.

Next month, I am putting Solar panels on our house, right after we have the roof shingles all taken off, and replaced. I am looking forward to keeping my house at 75 degrees, in the summer, with zero guilt!

Where I live the local energy company is talking about stopping the practice of credit for solar energy being put on the grid. You might want to look into battery back up options.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
she just figured it out (after somebody told her how to) -@AOC

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle
The commander in chief of the us armed forces doesn’t know the military is doing ever thing it can to reduce dependency on fossil fuels or that car manufacturers are pushing to electric cars....

You are right it is a brilliant example of trolling missing the mark by a few thousand miles.

The ONLY reason the military is interested in alternative is purely from a logistical standpoint.

Just how much ecological damage do bombs,moabs,grenades,rockets,nukes do to the environment ?

edit on 10-2-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join