It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And now it's time for...MORE...CAMPUS...IDIOCY!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Howdy ATS...

Well, for those that have been checking in on my threads here of late, you're probably starting to discern a pattern to my posts which essentially goes like this; I watch YouTube like a fanatical obsessed child and, upon viewing a video that I think the community will appreciate and that will garner a robust discussion, I share. Happy to say there's no change in MO here...

So this is a video that I just watched (by the way, I don't search ANY of these out, these all just pop up in my feed...my threads could be called Lee's Feeds). The video, to me, is very sad, and this one gets my ire up a good bit. So I've just watched it once through and thereby not going to go into a great amount of detail, but this is a board meeting at Santa Barbara Community College (I know, California....everyone is no doubt shocked). Anyway, I guess the board in their infinite wisdom removed the saying of the Pledge of Allegiance at the beginning of the meeting because it was deemed, ultimately, racist. I'm not even going to get into that right now, because I more or less just want to share the video and then let the feeding frenzy begin. Enter this older woman, clearly a gentle-lady of the old school, she rises to talk of her veteran husband and veteran father, what the flag means to her and why and the pride and honor she takes in it, and what you have to observe in the video is the behavior of those who oppose her. To me this is just very telling. If I were that woman's son sitting in that audience, I don't know, I would have a hard time maintaining myself in a more civilized fashion.

You know, for me, I served 10 years honorably in the US Army, disabled vet. Honestly though, I know people who are extremely patriotic when it comes to symbols such as the flag, and that's truthfully not me. I do love my nation, that is to say the ideals that have formed us and the good people and families that make up that nation. As an American, I certainly believe that everyone has their liberty to believe and even express those beliefs how they deem fit, but that does not excuse this deplorable behavior. It says in the Bible what people will be like in the last days, and watching this makes me think of that instruction...it's like word for word.

Anyway, I'll wrap it up and let y'all take a look. The person who put the video together was smart because though it clocks in at just under 9 minutes, they put her (attempting) to recite the pledge at the very beginning, so if you just want to see the "main event" you can just watch the first few moments. In the rest of the video you get to see her address to the board in its entirety which is very very interesting and telling and which I highly recommend if the time allows for you to do so. Until then, God bless all you guys and let's stay strong together, shall we...

Peace...
TEP

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TheElectricPriest

Patriots are Nazi's, Marxists are Patriots!

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Pretty sick ! Although I would probably feel disgusted if every day at school the loud speaker called for the devote to their pray rugs too..

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   
One day soon.... the true patriots will rise against this kind of foolishness, and they’ll be no shortage of meat hooks. Like a obnoxious child, the left will be put on timeout..

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Up is down, down is up, left is right, black is white, day is night....it's all newspeak now.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
Pretty sick ! Although I would probably feel disgusted if every day at school the loud speaker called for the devote to their pray rugs too..

I'm pretty certain (though I just watched the vid and didn't dig too deep into it), that the issue was just the recitation of the pledge at the beginning of board meeting (and probably the display of the flag there as well since she brings her own) was the issue. I don't think that they're doing the old high school thing where they're doing it over the intercom at the beginning of class...though that thought is for some reason funny to me.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
One day soon.... the true patriots will rise against this kind of foolishness, and they’ll be no shortage of meat hooks. Like a obnoxious child, the left will be put on timeout..

I fight against reveling in the thought of the equilibration that will come with the death of all this madness...the pain that will be felt when sanity finds its way again (which is must by the way, the insane are going to eat themselves and they're going to push those who are ultimately sane to the brink where they just say no more). I try not to take joy in the fantasy of it because I suspect it will involve violent opposition and I don't want that. I just think of all these stupid kids with their safe spaces and indignation at everything and how their minds are just absolutely going to break when the truth hits them in the face like a ton of bricks...

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheElectricPriest

originally posted by: seeker1963

Up is down, down is up, left is right, black is white, day is night....it's all newspeak now.

You and I are on the same page!

I watched the Whittaker debacle yesterday and saw the Democrat idiot doing her virtue signal and almost cried while doing so over children being ripped from their parents arms who crossed our borders illegally and yet I was thinking, "Yet you support children being MURDERED, from their mothers wombs."?????

These people are EVIL!

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Nobody was calling for prayer over the loudspeaker. Nobody was even calling for reciting the Pledge in school. This was about the Board of Trustees removing the Pledge from their public meetings. In other words, until recently, the Pledge of Allegiance, which isn't prayer and which no one is forced to recite--was spoken at the beginning of meetings of the school board of trustees, then the board of trustees decided to stop doing this because evidently a patriotic pledge is neo-Nazi or something...

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Hehe...it's me again, Margaret...

Seriously, though. I haven't been through the whole video and I'm going to watch it again in order to try to catch just what that obnoxious bitch in the background is actually saying, but my biggest takeaway is this:

This is a prime example of how the ...extremes... try to force the majority to submit and often succeed in doing so. Just take a look: just by being loud and shouting the woman down, within moments they're talking about ending the meeting. This is how it's done, folks. All you have to do to win is be a bully. This is the new modus operandi for the howling lunatics who want to silence all opposition, and it works-- but only as long as we let it.
edit on 9-2-2019 by riiver because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: riiver

How did patriotism and nationalism get wrapped up with hitlerism? Nearly my entire life everyone was a flag waving patriot and everyone was nationalist except the communists. Now for the last 10 years its all globalist or hitlerist.

I don't even think hitlerism is a real thing.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ker2010

Just because you found that cartoon you believe it?

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Margaret!!! Howdy sweet one! I apologize, I haven't been able to maintain my thread today, but I had a moment to jump on and, of course, was thrilled to see you'd weighed in.

As always, excellent points. This notion of the bully mentality winning is something that I've been seeing for a long time now. I see it alot with the police, actually. You'll notice that whoever calls the police in this society automatically wins. It doesn't matter if the person is wrong as could be...police get a call and that's the end of it. I'm a musician and I had a beautiful studio set up in one of my bedrooms and was recording my album there. Unfortunately this was a duplex and the woman who lived on the other side HATED me...like bad, and for no reason. So she was always calling the police on me while I was trying to record. I would do everything just to get to play or listen to my music, all sorts of things to make certain she couldn't here me.

So one day I'm listening to some music I had recorded on my little tiny stereo, and the police come and tell me if I don't turn off my music right away they'll ticket me! Mind you this is a little tiny stereo system, like computer speakers in a closed bedroom with a towel shoved under the door and two walls separating our abode. I started to say no, but I was threatened with arrest! Seriously. Now here's the deal...it was a Saturday, it was 6 in the evening, and it was New Years Eve.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Awww how cute

Idiots children doing idiot things.

Cya in 2077 bitches.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   

When I was in school every morning we did the pledge right after the Lord's prayer.. Otherwise I might not have learned either one.

It was evidently believed that the pledge used to be important for people to feel like they were part of the nation and were willing to defend said nation... Those days are long gone for a certain percentage of the USA's population IMO right or wrong. The Lords prayer I have little doubt was done away with many years ago as to offensive in public schools.. I could be wrong ?

Overseas, where I am now, the young kids start their day by singing the countries national anthem.. Just another way of making them grow up and believe they are part of the nation.. Cohesion for a society does work just ask the Muslims where anyone steps away from their religion is threatened with death ..

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ker2010

edit on 9-2-2019 by Lumenari because: I completely didn't get it.. LOL

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 12:01 AM
link   

It was evidently believed that the pledge used to be important for people to feel like they were part of the nation and were willing to defend said nation...

Which is why it's been dropped in so many places (not to mention that horribly offensive "under God" line).

We're not supposed to feel like we're part of the nation. Obviously. Feeling like/considering yourself/acting like/or God forbid being PROUD of/ being an American is racist or fascist or white nationalist or whatever the "ist" of the day is. In my lifetime there has been a concerted effort, which has intensified over the last decade or two, to ensure that we are not "one nation...indivisible."

We're not supposed to be just "Americans," we have to cluster into little--or not-so-little--cliques like "African-American, Mexican-American, Asian-American, LGBTQ-American," or whatever X-American. (And just so I don't get accused of being racist, let me add "Irish-American, Italian-American, German-American, etc. But these seem to be second-tier cliques; that is, we don't hear much about them in the news and they don't have a lot of in-your-face activists like some of the other X-American groups do.)

Like I said in another thread, remember all the anger and tearing of hair and beating of breasts when Trump was first elected and he dared to say, "America first"? The media was calling him fascist, authoritarian, white nationalist, and every other filthy name under the sun for having the audacity to suggest that we act like one united country and *gasp* put our citizens first.

Overseas, where I am now, the young kids start their day by singing the countries national anthem.. Just another way of making them grow up and believe they are part of the nation..

...and that too has been used as a tool to divide us. Just ask football fans.
edit on 11-2-2019 by riiver because: (no reason given)

top topics

join