It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Audio tracks have RUINED TV & movies with "bass drop" audio clip

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Somehow my subwoofer got blown out and I immediately noticed I had to do something to fix it or remove the bass from everything being played on the speaker system. I noticed that every single show on normal TV/Cable has this ridiculous noise over and over and over throughout the show. IDK where it started but I blame Michael Bay in the Transformers movie where they attack Chicago - that movie had these almost non-stop it seemed.

In the meantime I installed a system wide EQ app that has to be reloaded for every audio track (yeah, i know). So even watching the most boring news show, they are using this GD audio track, I'd like to curb stomp the audio engineers who are doing this and whoever OK'd this and have the bass drop play as I lift my foot above them! j/k but it sure is frustrating as h3ll

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I can deal with that, b/c it is specific to the album (Bass the final frontier... Don't ask) but it doesn't need to happen 48 times in a 42 minute 20-20 report!

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Give me a break. Don't use audio equipment if you don't understand how to protect it.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Slow, one-note bass is the bane of audio...and most folks have NEVER heard fast, articulate bass. My main system does it very nicely: boys and girls, can you say "Vandersteen"?

Sometimes, you don't need a subwoofer.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   
and the stalker is back! I've yet to see you post ANYTHING on this board that has EVER contributed to a thread. Maybe you need to make another thread to gain sympathy of members crying about yourself.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I can't even hear it with Slayer playing.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Not the Audio engineer's fault - they are using audio tactics for the view/brains attention yo

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Oh please, it's not the audio department's fault you can't tune your s# right. Ease UP on the self-tuned heavy bass, you did it to yourself.

top topics

join