It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's Tax Returns - Red Herring

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   
When playing cards and someone calls, does only one player lay their hand down?

I'm tired of the BS'ing, and people taking sides, because they can't see the entire picture, and feel compelled to only defend, ignore, or booster their political dogma's.

It's time for people take a step back from the political manipulation, and use critical thinking.

My question is at 170k a year how do all of these congress-people become millionaires?, especially when they complain it's not enough to live off of.

If we are going to "Call", then everyone in congress needs to lay their collective hands down, and we need to see who's bluffing.
edit on 9-2-2019 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I thought it was the done thing for a president to disclose their tax returns?

I really don't get why more people aren't up in arms over him withholding them, can you imagine the outcry if Obama had done that?

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

I really don't get why more people aren't up in arms over him withholding them, can you imagine the outcry if Obama had done that?

This is exactly the thought process I'm speaking of.

This has little to do with Trump, but rather dividing, and leading the masses that follow political parties blindly. It's not just about one person, but rather deflecting the congressional unified corruption they are all a part of.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

I remember his birth certificate.

That took a while too.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   
He did promise.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth

This has little to do with Trump, but rather dividing, and leading the masses that follow political parties blindly. It's not just about one person, but rather deflecting the congressional unified corruption they are all a part of.

Does that mean you don't believe any president should show his tax returns?

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Just one of many 'promises' that Trump made to his base that are constantly overlooked due to hero worship.

'Save us Mr Trump, you're the only one who can do it, just like you said. In the meantime, don't worry about the ongoing trainwreck that is your administration, we'll make up tons of eye-rolling excuses for you every day.'

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   

No. By law they are not required to do so. Most of 'em do, after it's been suitably checked over to make sure it, at the least, looks on the up and up.

Trump didn't, and some folks went into meltdown.

It'd be interesting, indeed, to look at legit tax returns from these sudden multi-millionaires in Congress...

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Nope. Not required.

And if pencil neck Schiff tries to force the issue, I want to see his too.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
He did promise.

Didn't he put a caveat on that? [Something about ongoing audits] As I remember Rachel Maddow had a set from 2006 and stepped all over herself when she discovered that he paid much more tax than she claimed.

Personally, I don't see how tax returns are relevant and they are not required. He has legions of tax lawyers to do the returns so there will be no gotcha moment that the 'Orange Man Bad' parishioners are praying for.

Demands for his tax returns are just used as a distraction during the self destruction of the VA governorship.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

So then a promise isnt a promise?

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I can't believe that in this enlightened age of 2019 that we still have racists demanding that a President release personal documents. These Taxers need to just go back to their blackface and KKK meetings and trying to lynch people in Chicago. It triggers me so much I want to organize a protest and knock over a racist monuments like the Georgia Guidestones.

I realize some people might genuinely be interested in these documents, but I'm sure it's mostly just racists who can't tolerate the idea of having a orange-white male as President.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

No. By law they are not required to do so. Most of 'em do, after it's been suitably checked over to make sure it, at the least, looks on the up and up.

Trump didn't, and some folks went into meltdown.

It'd be interesting, indeed, to look at legit tax returns from these sudden multi-millionaires in Congress...

This is how I feel about it. Time to nut up and put the cards on the table. All of these people in Congress (and I use the term "people" loosely) are yammering to see if Trump forgot to dot some "I"s and cross some "T"s on the tax filings from his private business?
Then I want to see how a public servant on a low six figure income accrues tens of millions of dollars in a few years work.
I don't think people get just how big the Trump business is, the guy owns 500 properties in two dozen countries and employs tens of thousands of people.
Auditing that would be a MASSIVE undertaking.
I say let's review Nancy and Chuck's financial statements first and if those aren't loaded with criminality then start on the prez.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   
We all know Trump is a tax cheat. But what really matters is that he identifies as a non-tax cheat so we should respect that. Unless you're a Trumpophobic bigot.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Trump said he's smart for not paying taxes, but we should pay ours.

Time to demand no income tax, or find a new government that works for us.

They sure don't

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   

He did promise.

"I will release my tax returns — against my lawyer's wishes — when [Hillary Clinton] releases her 33,000 emails that have been deleted"

You forgot the stipulation.

ETA:

edit on 9/2/2019 by BelowLowAnnouncement because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   

a reply to: pteridine

So then a promise isnt a promise?

If you like your tax returns you can keep your tax returns.

I don't know the status of the audit and really don't care about the returns, anyway. I have yet to hear an explanation of what the tax returns would show save for thrilling the masses with economic voyeurism. This topic is certainly a distraction and is of interest because of the question "What is it a distraction from?"

ETA: Thanks, Below, I had forgotten about that caveat. Hillary isn't about to release anything as damning as her emails so Trump pacified the masses by promising something he knew he wouldn't have to deliver on.

edit on 2/9/2019 by pteridine because: ETA

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth

The people are so blinded by their partisan views they can no longer see the bigger picture and will willingly give up more and more rights without even being g aware of it.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   

You don't "get" it because your thought process is too tied to CNN.

The reason other Presidents have released theirs is due almost entirely to them being career government scabs. A private sector person is under no obligation to release anything.

I fully expect Trump to release his tax returns from his 4 years in government. And he should but you and the howling mob have no right to demand to see the tax returns of a private citizen.

Are we forgetting that the tax return Maddow produced (which was illegal by the way) showed that Trump paid more taxes than required?

Are we forgetting that Trump underwent an IRS audit for 10 straight years with no issues cited?

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: sooth
We all know Trump is a tax cheat. But what really matters is that he identifies as a non-tax cheat so we should respect that. Unless you're a Trumpophobic bigot.

How do we know Trump is a tax cheat?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join