It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To Settle This Issue

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena
Brilliant point!!!

The "force" sure dropped the ball there, didn't it?

Couldn't see Spock or Kirk letting Anakin/Vader be trained.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Shockerking

Everyone knows Daleks are too ridiculous to actually be the universe's supreme supervillains which is why they rule, so Daleks.

Tardis actually goes through time while the Holodeck can show you a holographic representation of such. You tell me which is cooler -- reality or fantasy.

But the real winner is the sonic screwdriver.

Ultimate power in the universe. No lightsaber or phaser can stand against it.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

CHEATER!!!
You brought a gun/sonic screwdriver, to a knife fight!

LOL
Really need to watch Dr. Who. Never watched it.
But I have the lego set!
LOL

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
I saw something I found incredible offensive. It was supposed to be a joke but it's just not funny. Besides it's simply not true.

This would never happen. And I tell you why:
1. Through the force the Jedis would have seen them coming
2. Kirk would never attack a Jedi they're too sexy
3. If he would think about it the Jedis could use the force without having to pull out a phaser

I'm sick and tired of this kind of discrimination going on. Because what? Disney? Please that doesn't change the fact that the worst Padawan could destroy the best of the Star Trek crew in the blink of an eye.
Get your facts straight people and just

It happened in a galaxy a long time ago and not some techno-hippies in the future.
The Jedis will find us someday, but we will never work together as planet to explore space.
Nuclear fusion as propulsion as in an ion engine is at least plausible, on the other hand how the # and what the # is warp?
just

Not. Funny.
May the force be with you

Which one is Gandolf?

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

He's the one who told Harry Potter to use the Force, right?

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Upset over fanmade fictional meme......................

I'll leave you to remedy this wrong.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Try some humor. It's obviously fake outrage about a joke.
Remedy on that.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Star trek any day of the week.

Transporters are a devious weapon far greater than a jedi. Its simple. Beam jedi into a stream of atoms you disperse into space. They cant do anything to stop it and it would allow you to target them at will or reconstitute them without midichlorians and then humiliate them. Another poster mentioned the very valid notion of beaming a antimatter torpedo anywhere onboard a star destroyer.

Also, phasers are vastly superior to turbo lasers. And star wars shields are lacking. A phaser can modulate to punch right through a star destroyers shields like they weren't there. On top of that star trek shields could easily modulate to protect against whatever laser the imperials fire at them.

Then lets get into ship maneuverability the star trek ships are vastly more manueverable sublight and can race circles around a star destroyer picking off turbo laser and missile emplacements at will. Sure a star destroyers hyperdrive is faster at superluminal speeds. But its limited to where it can exit hyperspace. It must drop out away from planets removing ambush, hit and run or blitzkrieg tactics. Sure you could place an interdictor to pull your fleet from hyperspace at close range to a target like thrawn did....if you could manage to place an interdictor that hasn't eaten a photon torpedo. A star trek ship can jump out of warp where it pleases and rush a star destroyer and ruin its day.

Dr who...thanks for the laugh. Were talking real scifi here not some sitcom for low level nerds that don't understand science. Star trek all the way baby!
edit on 21-2-2019 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join