It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian Electricity?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I was watching a show the other day in which they interview a couple of guys, one of which said he was convinced that the Egyptians have electricity. They then showed an artifact that is an ancient egyptian battery. Then they followed an archeologist to a site where they are stone carvings in a temple that basically show picture of the egyptians using a some kind of device to create light?? anyone know anything about these things i bring up?

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   
you need to do a search before posting bud. It's the purple button on top inbetween faq and myATS. I have seen many threads about this. Go check em out.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Well, let's not harp too much....

Try a search on "Egypt" or "Baghdad" and "battery", or even OOPARTS may turn it up...

Basically, they found a two-chambered vessel that possibly could have been used as a battery of some kind, if filled with the correct material. If that is indeed the case, it was likely used to either electroplate gold onto other metals (which I think is the least likely) or more likely served as a kind of early electrolysis device, and healing stimilant. There is no indication they used electricity though, for this, or anything else for that matter...

[edit on 1-3-2005 by Gazrok]

join