It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Due Process is dead. . . . Lady Justice has been sexually assaulted

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

Did you happen to catch how CNN had him literally labelled as a Republican on their broadcast?

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Lady Justice has been sexually assaulted? Was it by John Ashcroft, who couldn't handle seeing her bare statuesque breasts?

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

AOC gets the criticism she does because
What she says and believes.
Sexaul assualt allegations hardly compare slick.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

AOC seems to have the same thrown at her on this site, maybe as a whole the US needs to re examing itself and the way you interact with other people, it kinda goes laud your leader and despise the opposition, post a meme of someone vaping and job done.

The thing is, most people are accusing AOC of being a dumbass. That's not a crime. And accusing her of it is just an opinion.

In the Fairfax and Cavanagh scenarios, they're being accused of a crime. That's not an opinion, it's an accusation with possible legal ramifications. (And if those accusations are false, then that too is a crime and is legally punishable.) It's an entirely different scenario, and if people can't see the difference between an opinion and an accusation that could send someone to jail, then God help us all.
edit on 9-2-2019 by riiver because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Fairfax Given Until Monday To Resign Or Face Impeachment

Now that a second credible accuser has stepped forward with allegations that Justin Fairfax (D-VA) raped her, members of his own party will start impeachment proceedings Monday if he refuses to resign the lieutenant governors office this weekend.

iotwreport.com...

All joking aside from the complete clusterflock of Virginia politics, what the hell?

Now I don't give a god damn what effing "party" you belong to, but people in the US are innocent until proven guilty.

Not any more.

All you need to do is accuse.

Screw evidence. Screw testimony.

Just find someone you don't like, accuse them of some crap, and ruin their lives.

If democrats want to impeach then have a trial. Prove guilt.

PROVE GUILT!

Our country is so effing screwed up.

Normally I would agree, but this man is not entitled to his government job. The issue is that he can no longer govern effectively because people have lost trust in him. Maybe he did it. Maybe not. But people still need leadership that at least pretends to be accountable. So he should resign. His life is not ruined. He will do just fine for himself in the private sector. I appreciate your sense of justice, but I think it is misplaced in this case.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterMcKill

Fairfax Given Until Monday To Resign Or Face Impeachment

Now that a second credible accuser has stepped forward with allegations that Justin Fairfax (D-VA) raped her, members of his own party will start impeachment proceedings Monday if he refuses to resign the lieutenant governors office this weekend.

iotwreport.com...

All joking aside from the complete clusterflock of Virginia politics, what the hell?

Now I don't give a god damn what effing "party" you belong to, but people in the US are innocent until proven guilty.

Not any more.

All you need to do is accuse.

Just find someone you don't like, accuse them of some crap, and ruin their lives.

If democrats want to impeach then have a trial. Prove guilt.

PROVE GUILT!

Normally I would agree, but this man is not entitled to his government job. The issue is that he can no longer govern effectively because people have lost trust in him. Maybe he did it. Maybe not. But people still need leadership that at least pretends to be accountable. So he should resign. His life is not ruined. He will do just fine for himself in the private sector. I appreciate your sense of justice, but I think it is misplaced in this case.

Would you feel the same if you were falsely accused of doing something you didn't do? Would you step down if you were innocent?

Regardless of whether or not he can bounce back, what happened to innocent until proven guilty?

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

Did you happen to catch how CNN had him literally labelled as a Republican on their broadcast?

This will only incite rabid leftists to cry out for vengeance and then have to backtrack when they discover that he is a Dem. VA will have to solve their own problems but it would be high comedy if they ended up with a GOP governor after excessive weaseling by the Dems.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Be warned, this is a tool that will be used more and more often going forward. Today it is politicians and movie stars, but tomorrow it will be you and me.

I hope that, if he's innocent (I have no opinion one way or the other, but, you know, innocent until proven guilty!), he sues the pants off these women for slander. Not to get money, but for a public apology plastered all over the national news and major internet media outlets. I hope Justice K does the same, and any other (innocent) public figure who's been the victim of this new political weapon.

Money settlements mean nothing in cases like this, but public shaming might discourage the behavior somewhat in the future. Probably not, since in (false) politically-motivated cases the accuser(s) have probably been well-paid and greed is a powerful force, but if anything might combat this public shame is it.

To me this whole thing--the increasing use of sexual assault accusations as a political weapon--look and awful lot like McCarthyism in the 1950s and look how many lives were ruined by that.

On the other hand, if he's guilty he should be prosecuted. BUT he should have a fair trial like anyone else, not be crucified on the public stage.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc

“The MOST TRUSTED NAME in News” has really knocked them selves out to earn that title. Way to go CNN...

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

originally posted by: theatreboy
Sorry brother, America died under FDR...and don't get me started on Clinton in 2016.

We are no more than serfs in this country now.

HAHAHA No FDR did not kill America but you do you man. I would recommend reading about history a bit again.

He certainly killed Detroit. Given enough time...

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: riiver

You bring up a good point! For those being falsely accused and have the means to fight the accusation, for every one of them who doesn't fight to have their accusers held accountable it effects those of us who do not have the money to purchase justice!

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Has any false me-too accusers been sued so far? I can't think of any.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   

It has already happened to a kid I know. Good kid, just didn't have quite the social life others had. Get him on a game like WoW and he had no problem socializing, in person he was a lot more shy.

Fast forward to today, he has a damn good job, generally well liked and has friends at work, and has been improving himself as much as possible.

A female coworker tried to muck it all up by accusing him of sexual harassment. Which is odd since he's extremely shy still and still working on just saying hello to women confidently.

Luckily for him, she had a history of making false accusations.

edit on 9-2-2019 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   
If so, it's been kept quiet. That's why I say these people with $ should sue, not for monetary damages, but to have a public apology splashed all over just like the accusations were. NOT doing so makes it that much harder for anyone else falsely accused and sends the message that the accusation is true. And we know that while some of them probably are true (Bill Cosby, anyone?), many more are simply not. But at this point, it no longer matters because the mere fact of being accused can ruin someone's-- wait, let me rephrase that --some man's life. None of this seems to apply if the person being accused is a woman.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

I know men it's happened to also. And defending oneself is like fighting shadows. This is a very insidious weapon.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   
From Seeker1963. " You bring up a good point! For those being falsely accused and have the means to fight the accusation, for every one of them who doesn't fight to have their accusers held accountable it effects those of us who do not have the money to purchase justice!"

HERE, HERE!

Had to give you a star

edit on V332019Saturdaypm28America/ChicagoSat, 09 Feb 2019 14:33:56 -06001 by Violater1 because: BECAUSE THE QUOTE OPTION DID NOT WORK

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

PROVE GUILT!

AOC seems to have the same thrown at her on this site, maybe as a whole the US needs to re examing itself and the way you interact with other people, it kinda goes laud your leader and despise the opposition, post a meme of someone vaping and job done.

Personal jab much?

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 03:51 PM
link   

What I find *funniest, is that there has risen to the top, among the Dems, someone who could actually give Trump a run for his money, and if you've been following Jimmy Dore, you'll know why Tulsi Gabbard is the biggest threat TO THE DEMS and their Military-Industrial complex puppet-masters that currently exists - not Trump.

*its that weird sad-funny.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

What I find *funniest, is that there has risen to the top, among the Dems, someone who could actually give Trump a run for his money, and if you've been following Jimmy Dore, you'll know why Tulsi Gabbard is the biggest threat TO THE DEMS and their Military-Industrial complex puppet-masters that currently exists - not Trump.

*its that weird sad-funny.

Tulsi is for gun control. No thanks!

Hell according to NBC she is also Putins puppet! roflmao Can't make this snip up.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

She has a tough stance on gun control BUT she is no-where as obsessed as her counterparts to enact new firearms legislation. Her position is actually quite fluid between the 2.

From her website:

Tulsi has a consistent record of advocating for sensible gun control. She has long called for reinstating a federal ban on military-style assault weapons and high capacity magazines, requiring comprehensive pre-purchase background checks, closing the gun-show loophole, and making sure that terrorists are not allowed to buy guns. Tulsi has an F-rating from the NRA, a 0% rating by the Hawaii Rifle Association, and a 100% rating by the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence.

She is focused on building bipartisan solutions that can actually be passed into law, rather than using the issue as a partisan political football.

Aside from her gun control stance, which may very well be a deciding factor for voters (she is targeting independents), I see not much else wrong with her intended policies, maybe its because she has been shunned by her party that makes me think she is actually a good choice for the democrats nominee, so as long as Pelosis and Clintons asses point to the ground, Gabbard will not be the nominee.

Anyway, it won't be long until she is a full-blown Russian agent whose US military service and 2-tours is where she met team-Putin.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join