It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are those who have survived serious medical condition the undead, aka Zombies?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Are those who have survived serious medical condition the undead, aka Zombies? Just an interesting thought I had the other day. I'm legally blind without my glasses or contacts & there is no way I'd survive in the wild without glasses or contacts. I also had 2 twelve hour back surgeries to correct scoliosis, one when I was 12 & one when I was 13 years old. Without these surgeries my spine may have collapsed on my lungs killing me or I'd be living in serious pain. I also had an aortic aneurism @ 7 years ago. I now have a mechanical heart valve and dacron aorta. Without the medications I'm on I'd also probably be dead. Am I undead or a zombie? I should have died 3 or 4 times now, 5 if you include the possibility of abortion. I wonder what percentage of people are undead.
edit on 9-2-2019 by JBIZZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: JBIZZ

No. You and others as lucky as you are modern medical miracles. Thank your lucky stars you were born in a modern first world country that values human life.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Want some delishes brain? If so you're a zombie.
Maybe you prefer blood? Than you're a vampire.
If you only are hooked on meds you can invent your own category. Maybe you call yourself a miracle? A medicle? Medicorn? Get it from unicorn and medicine... ha
party cheers hail for being alive!

edit on 9-2-2019 by Peeple because: auto

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I'm not a zombie.

I survived a serious medical condition a decade ago.

And I don't find brainz appetising.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I've had two close calls. 1 I was dead for a few seconds....All I dream about is Brainzzzzz.
Hahaha.. I get what you're saying though you/we shouldn't be here and YET we are..Why? Are we cursed? Ha! Not allowed to leave this # hole untill the universe is damn well ready to let us go?!

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Isn’t cancer tissue and cells technically “undead”? That’s the only thing I can think of at least that could be somewhat described as undead.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   

No we're not undead we are called miracles by many or lucky by some. We are still alive and kickin no undead here yet. Four years ago I had an aortic dissection and have a mechanical heart valve and a pacemaker.

new topics

top topics

join