It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Date for Second Summit between Donald Trump and Kim Jong Un Announced

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   
The meeting will take place in Hanoi, Vietnam on the 27th and 28th of February.

My representatives have just left North Korea after a very productive meeting and an agreed upon time and date for the second Summit with Kim Jong Un. It will take place in Hanoi, Vietnam, on February 27 & 28. I look forward to seeing Chairman Kim & advancing the cause of peace!
twitter.com...

While I think talks between the two leaders are a good thing I fail to see what North Korea has done since the last meeting to warrant another summit , perhaps a second summit will give Kim the reassurances he needs to take the steps required or maybe it'll just be another PR boost for Mr Kim at home.

I fully support Trump's efforts to denuclearise the peninsula but if you give rewards for no return you're doomed to fail.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

When a rational mind tries to understand an irrational mind such as a person that commits suicide, the rational mind cannot understand.

Dear leader is irrational.
He will never be anything but.

You got to try, but don't expect much in the way of results...

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   
He must have burned through the last bribe money and wants a new handout.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   
He's not blowing up mountains or shooting missiles over Japan. That's good.

This next Summit is just for optics and the history books: "Trump was the only U.S. President to meet with madman Kim Jung two times in 12 months, to try and bring permanent peace. Unfortunately...."

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

He's not blowing up mountains or shooting missiles over Japan. That's good.

Yes, that is the upside. Kim, however, has the luxury of not being subject to elections, or term limits.

He can wait it out, until a new administration comes in (US). I doubt he is "all in" on denuclearization anyway, but maybe he can see that there is really no reason to hold his ppl down the way his father did.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   
They should have done it on the 14 on some tropical island. It is strange how the nk peeps do not seem as hungry as they did a year ago.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 04:19 AM
link   
The part i find interesting is the meeting will be held in Hanoi, Vietnam.

We were at war with Vietnam not that long ago and now they are a trading partner.

I am see a bit of smart thinking on the part of trump by showing NK thay can become a trading partner and not a enemy..

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Satire:

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Satire:

top topics

join