It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prion disease spreads to 24 US states and Canada, potentially threatening humans

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Just a theory that perhaps deer eat meat. I've read that squirrels and rabbits eat meat rarely. I just read where hippos also eat meat. I am assuming any wild animal would eat whatever is available if they are hungry enough.
edit on 02CST10America/Chicago053101028 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Scientists believe CWD proteins (prions) likely spread between animals through body fluids like feces, saliva, blood, or urine, either through direct contact or indirectly through environmental contamination of soil, food or water

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Deers are known to jump fences and graze where ever it wants.

It's not surprising.

Between manure spreading,pasture harrowing.

It's in the realm of reason.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Scientists believe CWD proteins (prions) likely spread between animals through body fluids like feces, saliva, blood, or urine, either through direct contact or indirectly through environmental contamination of soil, food or water

Food water soil as well as bodily fluids!
Just dont kiss someone who has the disease!

I truly doubt its just the deer that have this dsease and is most likely in the insects birds of any given area where there is a large number of contaminated prions material.

Also the wind blows dust around and humidity and moisture may spread the disease as well. If its in the food chain which I believe it could be we may be seeing the first baby steps of a horrific nightmare.

If your in one of the areas that the diseas is located I suggest you move.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

I don't fall for fear mongering as you do. If it was that drastic, we would all be dead after all these years.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Bleach or fire can eliminate the disease.

The best way to control the spread of the prions is with the use of tic traps and tic repellent. Many farmers have employed the use of deer feeders that put tic repellent on deer when they eat.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Gee, I imediately thought of proteinases when I read this article. Mostly ones we can eat, like those found in papaya and pineapple and grapefruit. But evidently the prions are not degraded well by proteases. They have already investigated that. Of course, they would try to sell us an expensive proteinase, not the ten cent pill to treat the disease.

Here is an article about this I find interesting. Seems that some people with certain genetics are more susceptable than others to having this take hold, something to do with a variation of the prnp gene. biology-pages.info...

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Namdru
I was going to start crying "go vegan" but then I noticed this is rt.com. Prion disease is a threat but really, are you all so quick to believe whatever comes out of the maw of a known source for Russian psyops disinformation?

Puleeze. I thought we'd gotten a bit more sophisticated than to take this kind of bait so quickly.

Look up deer walking in circles, a ton of new videos.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Ok, I just had to look this up, as they call in Chronic wasting disease here in MI. After reading some of your posts, I got to wondering about transfer to other animals, like our dogs. While not very pleasant, dogs do eat deer poop.
I have wondered why it hasn't completely wiped out deer populations.
I just found this article though.
Which I think just proves that mother nature knows something.
Humic Acid

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight
a reply to: trollz

The researchers identified two drugs that restored protein production rates in mice – trazodone hydrochloride, a licensed antidepressant, and dibenzoylmethane (DBM), a compound being trialled as an anti-cancer drug. Both drugs prevented the emergence of signs of brain cell damage in most of the prion-diseased mice and restored memory in the FTD mice. In both mouse models, the drugs reduced brain shrinkage which is a feature of neurodegenerative disease.

mrc.ukri.org...

The leaps and bounds we can achieve is impressive.

blogs.scientificamerican.com...

Interesting about trazadone! I had no idea!
In that link they discuss some lichens that are useful in the treatment of prion diseases.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join