It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The American past of simple happiness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Many of us here are in their 60's and remember the life of the 2 cent return bottle recycle.
What I want to say now is that as more regulations on our lifestyle control us , less freedom of a free way of life awaits us.

Since I no longer live in the States, I'd like to say this:

1. When returning to the US at the airport you are now forced to give eye scane, (sorry google wont give me the give correct spelling)
finger prints and a questionaire that ask you why are you coming back to America.

I know like this is bs but it isn't .
America is like North Korea now.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Huh???? I just returned to the US just yesterday and didn't have to do any of those things. Just presented them my passport and answered some questions about if I had brought back goods exceeding $200 and that was it.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Huh???? I just returned to the US just yesterday and didn't have to do any of those things. Just presented them my passport and answered some questions about if I had brought back goods exceeding $200 and that was it.

Maybe it varies from airport to airport. Maybe also I've been out of the States for a long time?
edit on 0200000046252019-02-09T05:25:46-06:00254602am5 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 05:44 AM
link   
My theory is that you are clearly a non-American, who is pandering to the nut-ball factor Americans. Not sure why. Attention? Acceptance?
Who knows.

Just my theory.
edit on 9-2-2019 by Jefferton because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
My theory is that you are clearly a non-American, who is pandering to the nut-ball factor Americans. Not sure why. Attention? Acceptance?
Who knows.

Just my theory.
Curious you point that out. ATS by it's very nature is comprised of an inordinate amount of those compelled to be skeptics, fringe and 'nut ball' members. This is not where serious dialogue is entertained. Still, I mean it in a good way.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Whenever I have returned, I fill out a form, with what I brought back to the U.S., and walked through customs, where I was welcomed back.

My bags were searched, entering and exiting the country.
edit on 9-2-2019 by iplay1up2 because: add

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Speaking of the bottles we used to use, why in the hell don't we still use glass. Sand is everywhere, plastic doesnt work near as well and is hazardous to our bodies and enviroment, and plastic recycling is a scam.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Maybe it varies from airport to airport.

No, it doesn't.

Maybe also I've been out of the States for a long time?

Maybe you're just full of it.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Maybe it varies from airport to airport. Maybe also I've been out of the States for a long time?

1. When returning to the US at the airport you are now forced to give eye scane, (sorry google wont give me the give correct spelling)
finger prints and a questionaire that ask you why are you coming back to America.

You were away for so long you forgot how to English!

edit on 9-2-2019 by Kaifan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

No, it doesn't.

My dad and stepmom take turns flying over to China twice a year to visit her parents (youngest brother is disabled and handles their trips best when one or the other stays home with him, both not being there doesn't go over well)

I took the liberty of asking my dad about the OP,
"It may be that they're on a watch list that requires verifying their identity at every opportunity. Or they're just an untalented liar stirring the pot. My bet is on liar because we've never had to do any of that in all our years of going back and forth between here and China."

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

No, it doesn't.

My dad and stepmom take turns flying over to China twice a year to visit her parents (youngest brother is disabled and handles their trips best when one or the other stays home with him, both not being there doesn't go over well)

I took the liberty of asking my dad about the OP,
"It may be that they're on a watch list that requires verifying their identity at every opportunity. Or they're just an untalented liar stirring the pot. My bet is on liar because we've never had to do any of that in all our years of going back and forth between here and China."

I have heard about having to prove your identity before, but for people that has spent 40+ years away and have changed so much a picture can't identify them anymore

I don't think this is the case

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I agree with your dad since obvious s***-stirrer is obvious.

new topics

top topics

join