It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think Tau Ceti e is inhabited?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Hi!

Guys do you think Tau Ceti e is inhabited?

It was recently confirmed (twitter.com...) and it is considered a potentially habitable exoplanet (phl.upr.edu...)

I just made a video about it, just in case someone is interested: www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Yes.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Very interesting video. I expect great things in the future for you.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: alfa015

Impossible....

JK, of course it is entirely possible. If life even just the single cell is possible on Mars then it stands to reason that Tau Ceti e may possible have some form of life.

Cool video BTW.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 09:17 PM
link   

I think it's inhabited, but not by highly advanced aliens that can travel through space. Rather, it's inhabited by a primitive species of goblin or oompa loompa type creature.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Maybe.
It has the same 1/900,000,000,000,000,000 chance as any other discoverd

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 11:18 PM
link   

No source or article???

Ask in General Conversation and not here.

I.E., give us a reason to ponder!

Everything else is opinion.

ETA: No. Life is not there. And if you scour ATS, the closest place we visited only had primordial goo.
edit on 8-2-2019 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: Clarity

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 11:26 PM
link   
With all the building blocks of life discovered free floating in the voids of space I also tend to believe if a planet has a magnetic field to protect the critters from cosmic rays and CMEs plus not to cold or not to hot with water then I would just about bet the farm there be critters ! Water is probably more abundant in our universe that most of us realize.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 11:29 PM
link   

"Guys do you think Tau Ceti e is inhabited?"

I know you canny get a bus there, and a taxi would be rather pricy.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 03:14 AM
link   

The video looked great from here in blustery, wintry Britain.

It looks to be in and out of the HZ which makes me wonder what type of climate such a planet might have? We don't know what atmosphere it has so speculate away. Seasonal global temperature changes could be dramatic and make it hard for complex life to get a foothold. Weather systems on Earth get pretty gnarly when huge temperature and pressure changes create storm patterns.

I'm picturing a very brightly lit planet with temperature differences more extreme than Death Valley.

Another point is something I haven't thought about before - metallicity. No, it's not a scale for how awesome a rock album is hehehe. Tau Ceti has low metallicity which means it wasn't producing the abundance of metals we see in our own system. It has an impact on the formation of planets (gas giants, rocky ones like Earth/Mars) and so I wonder if Tau Ceti e could be relatively short on certain elements? Open question.

It points to the baffling complexities of which environments can incubate a technological society. Imagine if our ancestors had limited access to iron or agriculture wasn't viable without fertilisers like potassium or whatnot.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: alfa015
Hi!

It was recently confirmed (twitter.com...) and it is considered a potentially habitable exoplanet (phl.upr.edu...)

I just made a video about it, just in case someone is interested: www.youtube.com...

Good job with the video and with the presentation. You look to have had experience in broadcasting with your practiced head movement. The blue-screen looks very good.

Great accent. Are you Portuguese?

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   

No it spends too much time outside of the habitable zone

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   

i watched your vid, that was interesting thank you, it would be amazing to have neighbours in the galaxy, you got me searching up Tau Ceti now!

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I'm in the notion that NASA can tell us everything these days , but believing them is another ballgame for me.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I thought Tau Ceti e was estimated to have an average surface temp of 154 F? If so, it's likely too hot. I think Tau Ceti f is a better candidate.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 05:56 PM
link   
The estimated temperature of 154 degrees F. is based on Tau Ceti e having an atmosphere that retains heat as well as Earth's does. This is not the only possible atmosphere. A thinner one could retain less heat.

Still, it seems likely that Tau Ceti e is at least somewhat warmer than Earth. It's inhabitants, if any, might be adapted to higher temperatures than we are. Then again, they might live at much higher latitudes than we do, and so, escape the worst of that heat. Tau Ceti e's temperate zone could be at and around its poles.

Tau Ceti f is substantially cooler, but it may have been adequately warm for life for only the past billion years, or so. Tau Ceti is believed to have been increasing in brightness over that time, causing all it planets to warm. A world suitable for life for only a billion years would likely have only the most basic of life forms.
edit on 9-2-2019 by Ross 54 because: added information

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ross 54 A world suitable for life for only a billion years would likely have only the most basic of life forms.

But this planet has had many setbacks, a smooth evolutionary curve with environmental stability - a billion years may have been enough.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyGage51

I thought Tau Ceti e was estimated to have an average surface temp of 154 F? If so, it's likely too hot. I think Tau Ceti f is a better candidate.

Hi, yes, well, according to last calculations, around 30 degrees more than Earth if the atmopshere is similar to ours.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Well...if it has liquid water --- Anything is up for grabs.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: alfa015

No.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join