It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your 2018 tax return......how did the changes affect you?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: Blarneystoner

I have. I voted for Trump who is really not a Republican and really not a Democrat. You can say he is a Republican and be a sheep like you called us who support our president but that would just be inline with Democratic thinking so I guess you are really not awoken at all yet are you?

So, you favor redistribution of wealth from the middle class to the ultra wealthy? If you read between the lines of my first reply here you would understand that the tax "cuts" effectively increase tax on the middle class to pay for the tax cuts permanently given to corporations.

pffft... your blind loyalty to a cult of personality makes you sound ignorant.
edit on 14-2-2019 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-2-2019 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I have. I voted for Trump who is really not a Republican and really not a Democrat. You can say he is a Republican and be a sheep like you called us who support our president but that would just be inline with Democratic thinking so I guess you are really not awoken at all yet are you?

Uh, oh boy I got bad news for you, but Trump calls himself a Republican. You calling Trump a liar?

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

and Bernies an Independent who ran on a DNC ticket. Guess you missed my point. To me Trump is neither party but a true mix of both. It is why he appeals to the 'real' American voter and not party lines.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   

No, your blind hate is what makes you sound ignorant. You are a talking point. That's it. Redistribution of wealth. Think about that. Are the rich getting my tax dollars? Nope, the federal government and entitlement programs do.

Then you go into corporations. The tax cuts hurt the middle class. Bull#. The tax cuts created more jobs for the middle class because instead of paying taxes and more and more federal guidelines (like ACA reporting) they can hire people. HIring those people creates more taxes into the coffer.

Record personal tax collection this year. Look it up. Businesses are paying less but it allows for infrastructure changes. Raises. Hiring.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   

No, your blind hate is what makes you sound ignorant. You are a talking point. That's it. Redistribution of wealth. Think about that. Are the rich getting my tax dollars? Nope, the federal government and entitlement programs do.

Then you go into corporations. The tax cuts hurt the middle class. Bull#. The tax cuts created more jobs for the middle class because instead of paying taxes and more and more federal guidelines (like ACA reporting) they can hire people. HIring those people creates more taxes into the coffer.

Record personal tax collection this year. Look it up. Businesses are paying less but it allows for infrastructure changes. Raises. Hiring.

Hate? What hate? You think I'm hating because I have concerns about the well being of the future of this country? You can think what you like, makes no difference to me... you can even hate me if you wish but it will not change the truth.

I suppose if you can only see a few feet in front of your face and you have blinders on you might think that the tax cuts benefit you as a middle class earner but if you open your eyes, you would see the big picture.

Unemployment is down because of a juiced economy, not tax cuts. The tax cuts facilitated a huge stock buy back by most of the big corporations. The majority of US workers didn't see a significant increase on their paychecks above and beyond the regular "cost of living" increases.

Tax revenues are down and budget deficit has increased to over $1 trillion. Here's the thing, when the economy is good, the deficit creases under normal circumstances. But the deficit didn't decrease, it increased by 17%. The US Treasury reported that the increase was caused directly by Trump's tax "reform". And there's no relief in sight. The tax cuts are projected to decrease revenues by $630 billion over the next 10 years.

We've seen budget deficits in the past that were the direct result of recession but the current deficits are the result of permanent changes in federal revenues caused by the tax law.

The short sighted GOP is just kicking the budget deficit down the road while lining the pockets of the corporate elite. In the meantime, GOP leaders are considering changing the rules so that the next budget increase proposal can't be filibustered.

I don't have any children but.... would be nice if my nieces and nephews had a decent economy to grow up in...

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
The truly rich could not cover the budget if they got hit 100%.

Increasing those that make over 10 million per year up to 70% can only create an extra 80 billion in taxes, and in a system that spends 4 trillion that doesn't do much more.

edit on 14-2-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

Life living in rentals, driving old cars and budgeting every penny is very different and it's how most of us live. The working poor work every bit as hard and at times harder than the high income earners.

Punishing the job creators with obscene taxes is certainly not going to make the middle class grow. The more government control and the higher the taxes, the closer it puts us to a two class society IMO and we are well on the way that direction.

As much as I dislike Trump and I do dislike him, I approve of what he's trying to do.

Trump wants to create jobs that actually pay a living wage, and a big part of that is to bring manufacturing home along with other areas that actually provide jobs with decent wages. So you have an engineer who works as a barista because that is the only work they can find and the left's fix for that is to force a company to pay a barista engineering pay and not work to create engineering positions...lol

People have #ty pay because their job sucks and it is not their fault since that is all they can find.
edit on 14-2-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blarneystoner
How many here understand that it's only going to get worse... not better.

In 2025, the individual tax cuts you might be enjoying now, will expire. Corporate tax rate cuts will be made permanent.

You are right it will only get worst.... The problem is we spend 4 trillion per year while only bringing in 3 trillion. You say it is not left or right, and lower taxes is the problem, but I say it is a spending problem. While both parties want to spend the left want to really really spend. They are even taking spending upwards of 8 trillion for all they suggest what they want, and the problem is we just do not have enough coming in no matter what we do. Below is what would happen if we taxed the upper 20% a full 70%. Though this might be unreasonable for anyone below the top 1%, but it shows we just do not have the money needed.

Each group if taxed 70% would make total

80 to 90% 1 trillion
90 to 95% 800 billion
95 to 99% 1.2 trillion
Top 1% 1.6 trillion
top .1% 800 billion

5.5 trillion total if we taxed everyone over 120,000 per year 70%...

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Last year was an all time high in return form my family. I got over $9k but I got a lot of help because my wife, who works full time, was also a full time student.

This year we still got over $5k but I was expecting that amount for several reasons. No more school for my wife and Trump gave us more on our paychecks.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

I only know so far that the LTD corporation, with whom I am a partner, knew they would not get charitable donations deducted for 2018; so, the corporation stopped giving to charity.

In prior years, all the partners could claim a slice of the charitable donations as deductions from their own federal taxes. But now, we make too much to do that.

So, this year I got the income instead, and that was taxed at a high rate. I guess maybe I got 1000-1800 more dollars to spend myself from paychecks after taxes, (which is less than what I personally give to charity anyway, outside the corporation, because personally I have my favorite charities that I support every year), but charities overall would have received a net of 2000-2700 more dollars from me as an individual if the corporation had not made this decision.

I wonder how many other people lost the charity deduction?
edit on 14-2-2019 by Fowlerstoad because: fixed my initial bad math ?

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 08:29 PM
link   

a reply to: Wayfarer

To me Trump is neither party but a true mix of both. It is why he appeals to the 'real' American voter and not party lines.

Well you're free to have whatever idea of the man you wish. I'm merely telling you he himself says he's a Republican, and not representing other party values.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   

The best way to stop the redistribution of wealth from the middle class to the uber wealthy would be to 'End the Fed' (dissolve the Federal Reserve of the United States).

They print money or lend it into creation, for the uber wealthy to invest and spend first, and by the time the money trickles down to the non-uber-wealthy, it is inflated in amount, and as a result buys less at the store because prices rise (because now there are more net dollars chasing the same amount of merchandise).

Taxes or any other 'fix' won't get the job done, unless it ends the Fed first.
edit on 15-2-2019 by Fowlerstoad because: added a word

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join