It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOJ Now Investigating Jeffrey Epstein’s Special Treatment from Lawmakers (Mueller)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   
DOJ Now Investigating Jeffrey Epstein’s Special Treatment from Lawmakers

(ZH) Jeffrey Epstein, the disgraced New York financier who served 13 months in prison for soliciting an underaged girl for prostitution, has served his time, and despite all of the negative press surrounding his “Lolita Express” and the many celebrities and politicians – including former President Bill Clinton and disgraced actor Kevin Spacey – who have reportedly traveled to his “orgy island”, he will likely live out his life as a free man (unless new offenses are committed).

But thanks to a series published by the Miami Herald last year that delved into how prosecutors worked with powerful defense attorneys to ensure Epstein received such a lenient sentence. The expose shed a light on the role played by Alex Acosta, who went on to become Trump’s Secretary of Labour, in handing down the light sentence. Acosta was the US Attorney for the Southern District of Florida at the time Epstein’s sentence was handed down.

Now, thanks to those stories, the DOJ has reportedly opened an investigation into the conduct of DOJ attorneys in the case, and whether they committed “professional misconduct” in their working relationship with Epstein’s attorneys.

When the issues surrounding President Trump's appointment of Alex Acosta as the Secretary of Labor came to light, people began investigating the charges. Back in 2008 Jeffery Epstein was facing 50+ charges dealing with sex crimes / sex trafficking etc etc. When Acosta was nominated the left thought they had an easy way to destroy Acosta but apparently failed to understand who all were involved in the mess.

Instead of Epstein going to prison for life he struck a plea deal with Federal authorities that required him to plead guilty to 2 charges of prostitution at the stat level. The agreement gave him and the 5 others facing charges immunity from prosecution on the federal charges - all of them. Even more remarkable was the agreement also conferred immunity on ANY co conspirators, named and unnamed / known and unknown.

Acosta was one of the DOJ lawyers involved in the plea deal.

So how did the left bring this on themselves?

The Director of the FBI, who was required to sign off on the deal, was none other than Robert Mueller.

The Miami Herald, when the reports involving Acosta came to light, started a series of investigations that exposed more than just Acosta. It found out about Muellers participation in addition to a number of high profile politicians, like Bill and Hillary Clinton, Kevin Spacey (all linked to the infamous "Lolita Express". This info caught the eyes of Republican Senator Ben Sasse who requested the Senate Judiciary Committee investigate - and they did.

The information discovered has now triggered a DOJ investigation into the incident, everyone involved, including Mueller. The charges of professional misconduct among other charges.

From ZeroHedge -

The probe was opened in response to a request lodged by Sen. Ben Sasse, a a Nebraska Republican and member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, who raised questions about the case after reading the Herald's stories about how Acosta and other DOJ attorneys worked with defense attorneys to cut a lenient plea deal for Epstein back in 2008, per the Herald.

At the time, the FBI was run by Robert Mueller.

Though the reasons for the lenient deal could be rooted in the natural advantages of the wealthy, one Twitter user who did a deep dive into a cache of redacted FBI Vault documents released last year raised the possibility that Epstein could have been an informant for the FBI, providing information on executives from failed investment bank Bear Stearns in exchange for the lenient sentence (though there's nothing in his guilty plea that suggested he provided information).

The theory on why Epstein et al were treated differently was he was an informant for the FBI although there is no records of him being one or providing info to the Bureau.

From Miami Herald -

As part of Epstein’s agreement, he was required to register as a sex offender, and pay restitution to the three dozen victims identified by the FBI. In many cases, the confidential financial settlements came only after Epstein’s attorneys exposed every dark corner of their lives in a scorched-earth effort to portray the girls as gold diggers.

Other Sources -
* - Senate Investigating Mueller FBI's Prosecution Of "Orgy Island Billionaire" Jeffrey Epstein
* - How a future Trump Cabinet member gave a serial sex abuser the deal of a lifetime
* - Miami Herald 2004 - Cops worked to put serial sex abuser in prison. Prosecutors worked to cut him a break
* - Former Secret Service Agent Threatens To Reveal Details About Bill Clinton And Epstein's "Lolita Express"
* - How the Miami Herald investigated Jeffrey Epstein — and his many enablers

* - Not So Honorable: Docs Show Mueller’s FBI Denied Justice To Four Innocent Men- All to protect a source whom the FBI/DOJ knew lied to settle old scores and whom the Hoover FBI was aware he was lying. The pardons board for Mass requested the official story from the FBI and Mueller told the Boston FBI to answer for him. Again they maintained the lie, leaving 4 people to rot in prison, with 2 dying in prison, even though the FBI/DOJ knew they were innocent.

* - Twitter - NBC Politics - JUST IN: Senate Judiciary Cmte. member Sasse says the US Justice Dept. has opened an investigation into allegations that dept. attorneys "may have committed professional misconduct in the manner in which the [Jeffrey] Epstein criminal matter was resolved."

The FBI/DOJ has, and still are, acting like Heinrich Himmler, Heinrich Müller and Roland Freisler. The people and politicians / celebrities involved are no better.

It must stop.
edit on 8-2-2019 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

The people and politicians / celebrities involved are no better.

Trump has also indicated publicly he knew of Epstein’s interest in “younger” women, although he never suggested the financier crossed any legal lines. “I’ve known Jeff for 15 years. Terrific guy,’’ Trump told New York Magazine back in 2002. “He’s a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side. No doubt about it — Jeffrey enjoys his social life.”

Epstein, 64, was a regular for several years at Mar-a-Lago. Testimony in a prior court case indicated that Trump flew at least once on one of the planes Epstein owned and Trump’s phone numbers were in Epstein’s personal phone directory.
Linky.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   

not Mueller. Trumps secretary of labor Alexander Acosta.

Hahahahahah

+35 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Trump eventually had Epstein banned from Mar-a-Lago.

+10 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Hahahahahah

Mueller was in charge of the FBI at the time. He's in this as deeply as Acosta.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Buddies. Pigs... no difference with this crew.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

I'm sure you'll get no less than 35 stars for pointing that out.

My post is totally negated now, which is good for feelzzzzz and what not.

Edit: At 31 only 9 minutes in, I must be a psychic.
edit on 8-2-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

He had no thing to do with the Epstein case.
You think the FBI director micro manages the whole department? No thats not how it works. Sorry. You can try but this falls on Alexander Acosta and on him only. And trump thought he'd make a great secretary of labor. WOW....

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   

proof?

+10 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Hahahahahah

Next time read before commenting. Mueller is a part of that investigation since he was head of the FBI at the time and as such had to sign off on the plea deal.

Anything else I can correct you on?

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   

You think the FBI director micro manages the whole department? No thats not how it works. Sorry. You can try but this falls on Alexander Acosta and on him only. And trump thought he'd make a great secretary of labor. WOW....

A case that big and well known would be micromanaged and the Director would most certainly know what is going on with it... this wasn't some random Joe in middle America being charged.

+14 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   

He had to sign off on the plea deal.

I swear, start reading the info or stop posting. You come in and make # up and then leave.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

I swear, start reading the info or stop posting. You come in and make # up and then leave.

Well, in her defense ( I don't do this often).... You did edit in about half the OP after she commented.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I hope he lives long enough for one of his many victims to scramble his brains with a .45.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

What was the point of your post, that everyone knows him?

Wow🤣😲

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I'll shoot this one back at ya:

Stop making excuses, the FBI director is ultimately responsible.

Let's see if you have the intellectual integrity to admit that like I did when you posed the question to me about Trump.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   

You think the FBI director micro manages the whole department? No thats not how it works. Sorry. You can try but this falls on Alexander Acosta and on him only.

That's exactly how it works. You get a badge, then they give you a gun and a title, and you are off to kill as many of "them" as you wish. NO oversight, No bosses. It's a wonder everyone doesn't want to be a cop.

+9 more 
link   

You think the FBI director micro manages the whole department? No thats not how it works.

...yet here you are trying to pin Acosta's actions on Donald Trump. Do you believe the POTUS micromanages everyone under his leadership? If the answer is yes, then why does the FBI director get a pass? If the answer is no, then ...

edit on 8-2-2019 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

I swear, start reading the info or stop posting. You come in and make # up and then leave. The info I stated to her was present in the op before she responded.

Well, in her defense ( I don't do this often).... You did edit in about half the OP after she commented.

Actually I didnt edit the op to change info. I added and spell corrected.

Dont assume.
edit on 8-2-2019 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Muninn

What was the point of your post, that everyone knows him?

Wow🤣😲

Clearly to stir the pot.... I'm bored and it's almost beer thirty.

"Everybody is doing it" "Everybody knows him"

Good one

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join