It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrat Rising Star Stacey Abrams Calls for Revolution Against Whites

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Carcharadon

originally posted by: Thejaybird

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: dfnj2015
Unless you've walked in a black man's shoes you really have no idea what it means to be black living in America. I'm sorry, you just don't.

Same can be said for anyone criticizing Christian White males, yes? Unless someone has walked a mile in a working class, Christian white male's shoes, they don't know jack snip about what our lives are like. All the "white privilege" nonsense is just that, nonsense from mouths that have no idea WTF they're even talking about. Life is hard, it's harder when you're looking to everyone else to fund your life, excuse your failures, and rescue your ass at every turn... unless you can trick enough imbeciles into actually doing those things for purely in exchange for your votes at the polls.

No, the same thing cannot be said for Christian White males. To compare those two groups is like comparing apples to dump trucks.

Christian White males have been the predominant rulers of this country for eons.

This country was founded on genocide and built on slave labor.

The time for reparations is long overdue.

How far back do we go when calculating reparations? 150 years? 500? 1000?

If the reparations route is one you want to go down then there is no arbitrary time frame allowed. You and your ilk dont get to decide that.

I know you would like to stop with Africans being brought to the Americas but that is a false and racist timeframe.

Are you demanding that Arabs give reparations to Africans for their role in slavery? Do the descendants of the Mongols have to pay reparations to the peoples that they conquered and enslaved? Do the Japanese have to pay reparations to the Ainu? British to the Irish? Zulu to the Pygmy?

If you answered no to any of those, you are a racist. I suspect that's the case anyway.

Not a "false" or "racist" timeline at all. Quite the contrary.We are talking, in context, about events in the United States. Therefore, we go back as far as the United States has been a country.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Unless you've walked in a black man's shoes you really have no idea what it means to be black living in America. I'm sorry, you just don't.

Same can be said for anyone criticizing Christian White males, yes? Unless someone has walked a mile in a working class, Christian white male's shoes, they don't know jack snip about what our lives are like. All the "white privilege" nonsense is just that, nonsense from mouths that have no idea WTF they're even talking about. Life is hard, it's harder when you're looking to everyone else to fund your life, excuse your failures, and rescue your ass at every turn... unless you can trick enough imbeciles into actually doing those things for purely in exchange for your votes at the polls.

No, the same thing cannot be said for Christian White males. To compare those two groups is like comparing apples to dump trucks.

Christian White males have been the predominant rulers of this country for eons.

If the reparations route is one you want to go down then there is no arbitrary time frame allowed. You and your ilk dont get to decide that.

I know you would like to stop with Africans being brought to the Americas but that is a false and racist timeframe.

Are you demanding that Arabs give reparations to Africans for their role in slavery? Do the descendants of the Mongols have to pay reparations to the peoples that they conquered and enslaved? Do the Japanese have to pay reparations to the Ainu? British to the Irish? Zulu to the Pygmy?

If you answered no to any of those, you are a racist. I suspect that's the case anyway.

Exactly.

I don’t see any moronic racist liberals screaming at the mongols to pay reparations to white Europeans for infecting them with the bubonic plague.

But they damn sure SHOULD be paying reparations, filthy people wiped out a third of the white population. A FAAAAAAR bigger ‘crime’ than ANYTHING the Libs are screaming “reparations” about.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

originally posted by: Extorris

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: XAnarchistX
You do know a core theory of Marxists and Marxist-Leninists is anti-Identity politics, they base everything on 'class' over 'Identity'

And certain "identities" are quickly becoming a protected class. What's your point?

wanna make a bet buddy ? The Indigenous ones at the infamous DC clash against the Covington High boys told then to go back to Europe and that the land belongs to indigenous people.

You mean white Trump supporters?

They seem the only snowflakes asking for special treatment these days.

Everyone else simply expects equality as our founders intended.
Ohhhh so its EQUALITY to tell
Whites to go back to Europe and that the land belongs to the Aztecs... ok got it!

My goodness, no one has said that. Strawman fallacy, much?
. Wanna bet buddy? Then Indigenous ones said it to the Covington High boys. And they also said that the land belongs to indigenous ppl not whites. That’s not racist or anything though right ?

Not racist at all. He was simply using the language utilized by people who have, historically, held positions of power. In this case, that happens to be white people.

And, you still have not addressed the fact that no one has said that the "whites" need to "go back to Europe", and that such a supposition is a strawman fallacy. Literally, no one has said anything of the sort.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

Exactly.

I don’t see any moronic racist liberals screaming at the mongols to pay reparations to white Europeans for infecting them with the bubonic plague.

But they damn sure SHOULD be paying reparations, filthy people wiped out a third of the white population. A FAAAAAAR bigger ‘crime’ than ANYTHING the Libs are screaming “reparations” about.

First, I'm not a liberal.

Second, we are talking about events in this country. To attempt to deflect the conversation in another direction is, at best, misguided, and at worst, disingenuous. It also smacks of an inability to engage in genuine dialogue.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Second, we are talking about events in this country. To attempt to deflect the conversation in another direction is, at best, misguided, and at worst, disingenuous. It also smacks of an inability to engage in genuine dialogue.

To few people in this country are the perpetrators or victims of anything worthy of paying any type of repercussions... that is why it will never happen.

Just one simple example: Their are more African Americans who ligimatly migrated here than there are descendants from African slaves. Simalarly the white population is largely made up of people who are not decedents of slave owners.

How do you logistically figure out who pays for reperations and who gets them?

edit on 10-2-2019 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

To few people in this country are the perpetrators or victims of anything worthy of paying any type of repercussions... that is why it will never happen.

Just one simple example: Their are more African Americans who ligimatly migrated here than there are descendants from African slaves. Simalarly the white population is largely made up of people who are not decedents of slave owners.

How do you logistically figure out who pays for reperations and who gets them?

To say that "Too few people in this country are the perpetrators or victims of anything worthy of paying any type of repercussions" is missing the point. The point is that this country, through its own, intentional volition, has oppressed people of color since its inception. As such, in order to repair the relationship, reparations are due to the oppressed. Make no bones about it; the people that were oppressed at the beginning of the American story, are the people who are still being oppressed today.

The indigenous people had their land taken from them by force. Black people were brought here in chains and sold into slavery to benefit the white slaveholders of their time. The leaders of their time pushed the indigenous people on to reservations. The leaders of their time continued to keep black people from advancing through the Jim Crow kleptocracy and, later, by creating FHA regulations that disallowed them from "moving up" via the free market of real estate.

Logistically, it is quite simple: the government created the problem, so the government should be the entity to make reparations.

I don't know about you, but I am fine with my tax dollars going towards this, especially if it can be the first step in making amends with the folks who have lived their entire existence in the shadow of oppression.
edit on 10-2-2019 by Thejaybird because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I tried. I will say I did. 26 seconds and I was out. The only comment that stuck was my son saying "Dad she looks like she in front of a fake crowd look at the blue glow around her"...weird...yes...it was.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen>>. Progressive dems have embraced the crazy and are trying to outdo each other in the stupid department. Its like they want Trump to win in a landslide or will have chaos and the collapse of the country as their election goal.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: riiver

originally posted by: icanteven
a reply to: xuenchen
LGBT Americans were deprived of their inalienable right to marry until recently.

No one has the right, much less an inalienable right, to marry. It's a privilege.

Someone disagrees with you:

“No union is more profound than marriage, for it embodies the highest ideals of love, fidelity, devotion, sacrifice, and family. In forming a marital union, two people become something greater than once they were. As some of the petitioners in these cases demonstrate, marriage embodies a love that may endure even past death. It would misunderstand these men and women to say they disrespect the idea of marriage. Their plea is that they do respect it, respect it so deeply that they seek to find its fulfillment for themselves. Their hope is not to be condemned to live in loneliness, excluded from one of civilization’s oldest institutions. They ask for equal dignity in the eyes of the law. The Constitution grants them that right," Kennedy wrote.

And, I used marriage as a narrow example. Equality demands equal justice for all rights and privileges.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   
One of the best ways to winnow out drivel from the internet is that a headline pass the smell test. One of the primary tools of propaganda is to use spin, loaded words and obfuscation to evoke an intended response along a certain perspective regardless of fact. Mainstream media uses this technique all the time, as do many left or right wing sites. Stacey Abrams is not calling for a revolution against whites. Period.

So where does the Independent Sentinel stand in how it reports news?...   mediabiasfactcheck.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   
One of the best ways to winnow out drivel from the internet is that a headline pass the smell test. One of the primary tools of propaganda is to use spin, loaded words and obfuscation to evoke an intended response along a certain perspective regardless of fact. Mainstream media uses this technique all the time, as do many left or right wing sites. Stacey Abrams is not calling for a revolution against whites. Period.

So where does the Independent Sentinel stand in how it reports news?...   mediabiasfactcheck.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Extorris

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: XAnarchistX
You do know a core theory of Marxists and Marxist-Leninists is anti-Identity politics, they base everything on 'class' over 'Identity'

And certain "identities" are quickly becoming a protected class. What's your point?

wanna make a bet buddy ? The Indigenous ones at the infamous DC clash against the Covington High boys told then to go back to Europe and that the land belongs to indigenous people.

You mean white Trump supporters?

They seem the only snowflakes asking for special treatment these days.

Everyone else simply expects equality as our founders intended.
Ohhhh so its EQUALITY to tell
Whites to go back to Europe and that the land belongs to the Aztecs... ok got it!

My goodness, no one has said that. Strawman fallacy, much?
. Wanna bet buddy? Then Indigenous ones said it to the Covington High boys. And they also said that the land belongs to indigenous ppl not whites. That’s not racist or anything though right ?

Not racist at all. He was simply using the language utilized by people who have, historically, held positions of power. In this case, that happens to be white people.

And, you still have not addressed the fact that no one has said that the "whites" need to "go back to Europe", and that such a supposition is a strawman fallacy. Literally, no one has said anything of the sort.
You are rationalizing. Anyone who has seen the video of the Covington event knows that you are in error and that they did indeed say it.
edit on 11-2-2019 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: tabularosa

I never use “fact check” sources. I’ve never seen one that wasn’t biased.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Thejaybird

I don't know about you, but I am fine with my tax dollars going towards this, especially if it can be the first step in making amends with the folks who have lived their entire existence in the shadow of oppression.

I'm fine with your tax dollars going towards reparations too! Problem is though, if you're white, they don't care about making "amends"; they want to entirely dispossess you of anything and everything. No amount of reparations from your crappy government via your tax dollars will ever satisfy them. The only thing that will satisfy them is your total subjugation and ruination into extreme poverty.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 07:44 PM
link   
So again - the views of one person defines an entire segment of politics?

You guys try to hard to demonize anyone who doesn't think exactly like you do.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit
So again - the views of one person defines an entire segment of politics?

You guys try to hard to demonize anyone who doesn't think exactly like you do.

The hypocrisy with this one is rich.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

You don't? Or others like you? Spare me.

I've played around in grass roots politics for almost 40 years now, and no group is immune to it.

Anything a politician says is used as evidence that that is how all his/her supporters think.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 08:49 PM
link   

To say that "Too few people in this country are the perpetrators or victims of anything worthy of paying any type of repercussions" is missing the point. The point is that this country, through its own, intentional volition, has oppressed people of color since its inception. As such, in order to repair the relationship, reparations are due to the oppressed. Make no bones about it; the people that were oppressed at the beginning of the American story, are the people who are still being oppressed today.

I would argue I am not missing the point at all. I just don't buy into your overly simplistic view of this nation and who lives here.

Once again who gets paid these repetitions? Not all "people of color" (which is quite a broud defintion) have experienced the same level of oppression. Clearly they don't all deserve the same compensation.

... and not all "people of no color" are complicit in the oppression that has taken place.

Don't get me wrong there are definitely pools of wealth that are tainted by wrong doing and there are descendants of people who deserve a portion of that wealth as reperations. But since you could not possibly structure any coherent tax law that targets/benefits these small groups of people you will never see reperations paid.

The indigenous people had their land taken from them by force. Black people were brought here in chains and sold into slavery to benefit the white slaveholders of their time. The leaders of their time pushed the indigenous people on to reservations. The leaders of their time continued to keep black people from advancing through the Jim Crow kleptocracy and, later, by creating FHA regulations that disallowed them from "moving up" via the free market of real estate.

Excellent recap of history... and if you can create tax law that garnishes wealth from "The leaders of their time" and redistributes it the oppressed equitably* you might have something. But I would expect the logistics of such laws would be impossible to administer.

* keeping it simple; the descendants of "people brought here in chains and sold into slavery" would logical deserve more compensation than people who have been victims of "FHA regulations" ... they aren't all the same people... not by a lot.

... also there are groups of white people who have been systematically opposed by "The leaders of their time" over the course of our nations history; do they not deserve some recognition?

Logistically, it is quite simple: the government created the problem, so the government should be the entity to make reparations.

Since my familiar wethly is both very much younger and in no way directly attributed to any of the oppressive acts you listed above I can tell you unequivocally that I would have a problem with my wealth being garnished as any "first" or "last" step. I can pay these people my sympathies, but I will not willingly pay for sins that my family did not create nor directly benefite from*.

In fact I could make a pretty good claim that my family should be counted on the side of the "oppressed" rather than the side of "The leaders of their time" .... "The leaders of their time" might look and talk a lot like you, I see no similarities between them and me.

*a simplistic argument can be made that by simply living in society I benefit from all the wrongs that went into building that society... but again that is a simplistic argument and the counter would be; so too does the indigenous person
alive today benefit from the society built in part on those wrongs.

So again even if we can agree that someone deserves to pay and receive some type of reperations; we will never agree as a nation who those people are ... nor could we hope to lagistcaly carry out the fair redistribution of wealth. It's a pie in the sky thought.

... I would even go as far as to say it might be a dangerous thought; in that the more time and effort we waist on it the less time and effort we are putting into moving forward as a society.

Much better we spend our energies finding ways to end any oppression, against any group of people, that still exist to day and build systems that guard against it in the future.
edit on 11-2-2019 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: tabularosa

I read Stacey Abrams entire artical and I would agree she is not calling for a revolution against whites.

She is however making the argument that the Democrat party should ignore and write off white people...

She is making the argument that the party position in the run up to the 2016 election, that saw a material flight of white middle class people due to the party ignoring and vilifying this group, was not in error and instead similar efforts should be doubled going forward for the Party.

This is not an attack on white people... but I do have to question the wisdom of actively driving away a whole group of people based on their skin color. At it's most basic level if you create a situation of "us" vs "them" around such an issue as race you can not seriously expect to fix race relations in this country.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Really, everyone would end up paying reparations to everyone else. Blacks were oppressed by whites, so all white people pay reparations to blacks. But wait, natives were oppressed by pretty much everyone. Whites and blacks both pay them. Women were oppressed by pretty much every male group, so all men pay women. Hold on--men of certain ethnicities (sp.) were oppressed by women. Women, pay up. Children were exploited on every front, so everyone whose ancestor was a business owner, YOU pay reparations to the descendants of everyone whose ancestors had to work as children...etc etc etc. You'd need an accountant just to keep track of who you were paying reparations to and who was paying you.

In other words, it's ridiculous.

Good lord. Are there not enough sources for real, deserved guilt in the world? Do we have to make this # up and wear hair shirts for stuff our ancestors may (or may not have) done?
edit on 11-2-2019 by riiver because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join