New Cretin.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 01:13 AM
link   
DUDE, got to love that McMCHammer Chicken though.....that thing has had me laughing all night!!

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
DUDE, got to love that McMCHammer Chicken though.....that thing has had me laughing all night!!

regards
seekerof

Yeah I was laughing my a$$ off too. Great Avatar LOL!

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkStar

Originally posted by Fury
I suggest you reread you comments here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and decide for yourself.

On a serious note,
If you do make it past the first day, welcome. try not to make enemies.

OK, first of all, I would like to say, that I shouldn't have said anything about Kowalski, as it happened before I got here. Please everyone accept my apologies if you thought that I came here to argue, because that's not what actually happened.

Secondly, I would like to say to fury here that it is a little late to advise me not to make enemies. One thing this forum will get used to after a while is that I do from time to time tell people when I think they have made a useless post - Please understand that this has nothing to do with any desire to start an argument or a fight.

If anything, it didn't help that people kept on posting bad things about me. One of my faveourite sayings, is that if you don't want something to happen, then don't make all the actions that would lead up to that consequence. This basically means if you don't wanna die from falling off a cliff, don't jump off a cliff. Sometimes it is best to think whether making a post to moan at someone will help the situation or not - and in my case this did nothing.

Thankyou for all the welcomes - and a big middle finger to all those who posted in big block capitals = "I hate you.". Consider this favour returned mutually.

DarkStar.

Way to show them what you got Daystar. This will not really get you anywhere here with those that hate you cause naturally they are haters, but there are a lot of loving people on this board who will see that you get the respect you deserve. Thank you for appologizing. Let us see if the rest are man enough to step up to the challenge. Don't let them pull you into their pits. You did nothing wrong and you have no need to be in the wrong to prove that you aren't.

Love,
Abraham

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Darkstar,
people also assumed that you were Kowalski because your avatars are obviously from the same cartoon series. They weren't just picking on you, because a lot of circ. evidence pointed to you guys being one and the same.

If you're really here to become a productive member, and not just a spammer/flamer, I suggest that you write a serious reply to one of the threads.

link   
I think maybe we should all introduce a forum wide ban on drinking coffee while posting here.

This should be taken into U2U gentlemen, either that or discussed in an off topic area. I really do not wish to know about a dancing chicken avatar, this is a place to say hi etc.

Thanks

DarkStar...

link   
Secondly, I would like to say to fury here that it is a little late to advise me not to make enemies. One thing this forum will get used to after a while is that I do from time to time tell people when I think they have made a useless post - Please understand that this has nothing to do with any desire to start an argument or a fight.

I don't think it's not to late at all to advise you on that.
I've had a few run-ins with people here, and most of the time i respect thier opinions. E.G. Abraham virtue.

differences of opinion are what makes a forum.
what you must be aware of if you do want to fit in here is your "tone of voice" in your posts. that is paramount because no one can tell the feeling behind them without
emoticons or the like.

it set's the tone better.
the members that didn't welcome you, are great people to talk to, and if you give it half a chance, will be a great resource.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I was merely trying to introduce some humor into this is all.
Sorry.

But it is a great place with alot!! of great people. I hope you do enjoy your stay and again....welcome Darkstar.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams
Darkstar,
people also assumed that you were Kowalski because your avatars are obviously from the same cartoon series. They weren't just picking on you, because a lot of circ. evidence pointed to you guys being one and the same.

If you're really here to become a productive member, and not just a spammer/flamer, I suggest that you write a serious reply to one of the threads.

Actually there is a bit of a story to my avatar. My avatar actually comes from the same place as Kowalski, because I am Kowalski...

Nah just kidding
. They come from the same places, because I liked the look of Kowalski's avatar, so I looked at the URL, and followed it back to where he got it from, then I chose one in the same section that I liked.

Incidentally, can I ask which cartoon programme it comes from?

Thanks,
DarkStar...

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 01:25 AM
link   
So much controversy here. Dancing chickens are a happy thing. When you see a dancing chicken you know that at least one person on the forum is in a really happy mood and calm about the goings on in the world.
and that whoever was or wasnt banned is a sad thing. Im not trying to lesson the severity of the issue but simply saying...CALM DOWN! Have a scooby snack already.... peace

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 01:25 AM
link   

I think maybe we should all introduce a forum wide ban on drinking coffee while posting here.

This should be taken into U2U gentlemen, either that or discussed in an off topic area. I really do not wish to know about a dancing chicken avatar, this is a place to say hi etc.

Thanks

DarkStar...

this is the perfect example of what tone you're setting in the forum. my first impression of your post is that you're trying to shut down friendly banter. the other way it came off is that you're telling people what to do, and how to post on a board you just signed up for. a mod function imo.

this is why people are getting pissed off.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarkosOrrealus
So much controversy here. Dancing chickens are a happy thing. When you see a dancing chicken you know that at least one person on the forum is in a really happy mood and calm about the goings on in the world.
and that whoever was or wasnt banned is a sad thing. Im not trying to lesson the severity of the issue but simply saying...CALM DOWN! Have a scooby snack already.... peace

I....can't.....stop......laughing.........that.......chicken....!!!

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Hey Darkstar. You had a rough start here, but no worries. You'll learn to adjust just like many before you have. You'll do fine here.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fury

Thanks

DarkStar...

this is the perfect example of what tone you're setting in the forum. my first impression of your post is that you're trying to shut down friendly banter. the other way it came off is that you're telling people what to do, and how to post on a board you just signed up for. a mod function imo.

this is why people are getting pissed off.

No, sorry that was actually genuinely justified, I am not trying to shut down freindly banter, you would need to remove a few posts to see who I was talking to.

Unfortunately several billion people posted while I was composing my post...

Well, I will admit I was also still a little pissed while I was posting that also, but still, it was good advice.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Welcome,

Hmm, never noticed the fuss, but what the hey.

Welcome.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Ahh, a firebat! that was my 2nd faveourite character on Starcraft! What a classic game, shame I lost my account due to inactivity, I was on the ladder y'know, and in A[z]N clan!

DarkStar...

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 02:46 AM
link   
sorry bout earlier dude, i was convinced you were that
Kowalski dude.

but i still hate you

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by phoenix_cross
sorry bout earlier dude, i was convinced you were that
Kowalski dude.

but i still hate you

You know, without emoticons that looks an awful lot like you really mean it. So I'm just going to ask that you either keep it to yourself, or remember to put a smily face to show your only messing around.

No hard feelings of course, I think we could all stand to be a little more tolerant of each others opinions, rather than dispute them all the time - after all, that's what most of this forum is based on. Opinions.

DarkStar...

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 06:27 PM
link   
DarkStar - I used to be in Kaos Clan, and I wonder if you knew Kaos_Hydro_K

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 01:43 AM
link   
welcome to ats, you've benn initiated!!! i'm just bored so i decided i'd mess with some ppl. i'm provokin today. peace.

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 06:09 PM
link   
The A[z]N boyz never really used to mess around with the lesser clans. I don't remember ever "meeting" any boyz from the Kaos, but I think I raped one or two during a few easy games - about 6 clan members versus me and a computer = easy.

You have to remember that A[z]N are the biggest and most elite clan on battlenet - you have to know ALL the strategies for Starcraft before you can even begin to match up to their level of skill.

The reason I was let in was because I was at the #3 spot in the ladder for a while, after having mastered the "Lost Temple" technique.

The problem with Starcraft was that I pretty much got bored with it, because without seriously modifying the game there is very little to do. A[z]N managed to keep it fun for a while with all their special competition maps, but after you have played them all the appeal starts to waver...

So to answer your question; no I haven't ever met that guy, although I have probably played against him before in one of the countless millions of games that I have played.

DarkStar...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join