It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Urgent!!!! Need Help!!! well, urgent may be a bit over the top....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I have a good friend who wants to purchase a bottle of Johnny Walker Blue Masonic Edition.
www.whiskybank.com.au...

He understands the cost, and is willing to pay, but I can't buy it from the US. The big problem is, can anyone out there find this and if so, can it be sent to me? Any help would be appreciated. (I am not a fan of scotch, and he won't open this one, so drinking it won't happen.)

Any help would be appreciated!

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Do you have any liquor stores that you frequent that you could maybe talk to a manager. If it's a shipping issue, maybe a liquor store could have it shipped to them.

Other than that, I got nothing other than to say that's a rip off. Blue isn't even the best walker and slapping some cult symbol on it should make it worth less.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Have you tried Johnny Walker's web site? You can order from them.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Curious.... I would think your friend might be able to obtain this on his own ?
@ $1200. with shipping approaching the better part of $100.... it seems clear enough in the shipping details ?

Hmmm.. seems like that evil we are all forced to endure... Too handsome... too rich and too sexy....

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Looking at the website you linked, in the lower left bottom of the page they have a partner link to a website called hardtofindwhisky. They ship to the US.

www.htfw.com...

Don't know what they mean by "partner", tried to find whiskybanks address and compare. Sometimes companies operate under several names from the same location(common with online cigar places).

I'd just get on the phone/email whiskybank or htfw.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   
He's obviously a pro but he should be careful, there are LOTS of fakes out there.

Shame - I had an Uncle who worked at Johnny Walker in Spain.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Yes, I mean if your going to pay the 1200, just go the extra mile and pay the shipping too.
Whatever I'm run into errands in a moment, I will stop by Total wine and liquor and ask. They carry several thousands dollar bottles of spirits, so it is likely not beyond their capacity to get.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   
He has plenty of extra money, a problem I have yet to encounter. But he asked me if I knew anyone overseas who might be able to help with this, and I thought of ATS. Thanks to all.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   

The money would be better spent on The MacAllan, but that's just my opinion. Cool looking bottle but it's still just Johnny Blue.
Good luck on your acquisition.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Gravelbone

I am well aware of the "better stuff" angle. Hell, for 1200, I could buy quite a few really good bottles of bourbon, and even duplicate a few so I could drink them. He asked for this specifically, so I have to assume he knows what he wants. If I strike out, the world will still spin. Thanks for the reply.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Maybe try these guys

Find Rare Whiskey

There is a box in the upper RH corner that you can click on and send them a message to find whiskey, in the drop down box you can enter in your link and see if they can arrange shipping?

Good Luck & "Keep Walking"

edit on 2/8/2019 by Sostratus because: Show & Tell

edit on 2/8/2019 by Sostratus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Even if you find someone to ship it to, who will ship it to you/him. It still has to go through customs, which is the obstacle and would be my concern.

Person to person? It might sail through(doubtful), it might sit there for weeks or it might get "examined"(AKA taken home by someone else and drank).

I'd check out that partner link and see if they can somehow facilitate the shipping and customs issues.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Dear sir,
I am of avsil to accompany your shipment of whisky for immmediate delivery to your destinatikn of choice. Please enclose your banking credit details wnd your passpoert number immediately to expedite this service.

Vr....Nigeria

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I use this site to buy Scotch. They may have it.

Master of Malt

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Why are you purchasing it, if it's a friend that wants it, and costs so much?

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: hombero

Why are you purchasing it, if it's a friend that wants it, and costs so much?

Coz they can't get " iWhiskey" ... the "best scotch of choice in the US"

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Your friend would love to live where i do with all the distilleries around me , I just checked the link to my local ones www.masterofmalt.com... some of my friends worked there over the years and it was harder to get the water to mix it with than the whisky according to them , I worked at the Glenmorangie distillery and a few others the stuff was getting smuggled out in hot water bottles and welly boots and coffee jars .The keystone cops did not have nothing on these guys .

What the public get is no where near as strong as what comes out of those barrels trust me on that one , I take my whisky neat and think nothing of downing a bottle plus no problem but 1-2 inches from my cleaner friends coffee jars knocked me out and burned my gut for days real fire water ! makes Wild Turkey seem tame

Very few off them are alive now
after working in places like that long term killed them all , and the only answer i could help with is , do you know any cabin crew etc from a airline or maybe someone in shipping as posting that bottle at that price is taking some risk with the way things get thrown about .

new topics

top topics

join