It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hate you and I want to kill you...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   
4 days into a fully blown flu and not fun...

I have an ACDC concert playing full blast in my head night and day... A snotty nose that is snottier than the missus on a good day and to top it all off I have ruptured a muscle coughing my guts up.

Feel like a bucket of warmed up sheep poo and have no energy at all...

On the bright side... I haven’t smoked a cig over the past couple of days.

I hate you influenza and want to kill you.

Share your snot story here...

Lags
edit on 8-2-2019 by Lagomorphe because: Snot and phlegm...

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

At least you have good music (AC/DC) blasting in your head.

It's a long way to the top, if you wanna get not sick

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   

If the medicine you're taking now is not working, it's not influenza. Your aggressiveness is the first stage of serious changes in your body that could be related to puberty. You are not a caterpillar anymore. Fly my friend, fly !

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

At least you have good music (AC/DC) blasting in your head.

It's a long way to the top, if you wanna get not sick

After 3 days non stop it’SNOT fun!

Last time I had the flu was in 1985..

This one has totally knacked me😫

Lags

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Woah! Had me worried there! Itll just take time... Could be worse... You could be pregnant!!!

Flu=time... Youll be good soon. Sorry!

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   

It was Buddha who said “your worst enemy cannot harm you as much as your own unguarded thoughts". Now science appears to have proved him right, after new researched showed that negative thoughts can be physiologically harmful, while positive thinking calms the heart rate and even boosts the immune system.

Think no evil.....

Negative Waves.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   

I actually got it this year, but my immune system kicks ass and I only dealt with a day of fever and a week of snot.

The snot continued for an entire week though, I went through 2 boxes of kleenex, yes their tissues are the softest and strongest, and when you blow your nose 30x a day it makes a difference

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Woah! Had me worried there! Itll just take time... Could be worse... You could be pregnant!!!

Flu=time... Youll be good soon. Sorry!

I feel like I am pregnant with phlegm babies right now.

Been giving birth to the little buggers for the past 3 days...

Urgghhhh

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

I actually got it this year, but my immune system kicks ass and I only dealt with a day of fever and a week of snot.

The snot continued for an entire week though, I went through 2 boxes of kleenex, yes their tissues are the softest and strongest, and when you blow your nose 30x a day it makes a difference

I use my wife’s pillow...

She gave it to me!

The flu I mean.
edit on 8-2-2019 by Lagomorphe because: Snot on screen

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   
drink plenty of fluids and get plenty of rest. You can send the office visit $ to me however you wish.

I hope you recover without too much man-tears.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
drink plenty of fluids and get plenty of rest. You can send the office visit $ to me however you wish.

Can’t even keep fluids down.

Do man tears include that yukky yellowish stuff that I am coughing up?

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Yuck. I got the flu shot, in November, and still got sick. My illness, started as a cough, snotty nose. Day three, I was throwing up, and it was like I had the flu and a cold at the same time. NOT FUN! Best thing you can do, is drink fluids and sleep. Put on some comfort tv, for me that is, shows like The Golden Girls, or I Love Lucy. Shows a can have on low, and follow on and off while sleeping.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   

It may be the more people who get sick improves the overall immunity of the population long term. So think of it as you doing your part to help humanity.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

originally posted by: network dude

Can’t even keep fluids down.

Do man tears include that yukky yellowish stuff that I am coughing up?

I saw you can not keep fluids down, after I responded. Even if your not keeping fluids down, try and drink little amounts, of something like Gatorade. At least you wont dry heave, and you need to hydrate. Even if an ounce or two of fluid, makes it into your system, its better than none.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: iplay1up2

Yuck. I got the flu shot, in November, and still got sick. My illness, started as a cough, snotty nose. Day three, I was throwing up, and it was like I had the flu and a cold at the same time. NOT FUN! Best thing you can do, is drink fluids and sleep. Put on some comfort tv, for me that is, shows like The Golden Girls, or I Love Lucy. Shows a can have on low, and follow on and off while sleeping.

Just bed for me.

Just went for a puke and didn’t make it to the toilet.

Sent a texto to wife to buy a bottle of Destop on her way home from work.

Right... I’m off to bed to sweat this off.

Lags

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Just bed for me.

Lags

Best wishes, and hope you feel better. If you have a small bucket, you should keep it with you, just in case. Its easier to rinse and clean a bucket than off the floor, sink or wherever it ends up.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Just bed for me.

Lags

Turn the heat up, bundle up, and sweat it out, it will be gone the next day.

Enjoy the next week of snot after

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   

My snot story?

I got a cold this year that had my sinuses so gummed up that my teeth hurt. I haven't had sinus pressure issues that bad since I was a gradeschool kid. I remember my mom taking me to the dentist because I was in tears because my teeth hurt! And I remember the dentist doing x-rays and sending me to the doctor because my teeth were fine but he could see the sinus impaction.

Anyhoo ... I was so badly desperate that I actually got one of those sinus rinse bottles with the saline, and spent two days taking excessively burning hot showers to get steam and then shooting that saline crap up my nose and into my sinuses and then hitting my sinuses with a OTC sinus spray in order to keep my head opened. And the irritation was bad enough that by the time evening rolled around, I was needing to repeat it again.

At least I managed to keep myself out of the doctor's office that time.

Oh and I was eating everything with copious amounts of either Tabasco or horseradish because everything ... everything .. tasted like that nasty thick, yellow snot.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   
If you're coughing up green oysters and you run a fever for more than two days, get to a doctor. As we get older, pneumonia has an evil way of grabbing us really fast. Once it progresses past a certain point it can be very difficult to pull out of the nosedive.

Stay hydrated. If no Gatorade, hot black tea with lemon is good. If you don't like cough medicine, get some dextromethorphan/guaifenesin tabs.

What I keep on hand (Amazon). Waayy cheaper than the Mucinex brand and just as good:

images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com...

Feel better!
edit on 8-2-2019 by TheTruthRocks because: no really good reason given

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   
For tea suggestions:

If you are nauseous, ginger, lemon, mint are all good things to have in your tea blends. If you look, there are herbal blends put together specifically for upset stomach.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join