It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok Google...White People

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Goooooooood Mooooooooorning ATS!!!

Ok, let me say that I would have filed this in the "I Just Can't Help Myself" forum, but it doesn't yet exist (mods...get on that!). So a quick back story to go with this thread. I have a thread trending on here right now titled "Hey Google: Who is Jesus" www.abovetopsecret.com... In case you haven't seen it, it basically centers around a YouTube video I saw (as many of my threads do) where people are asking their various devices (Google, Siri, Alexa) who is Jesus and juxtaposing those results with other questions like who is Mohammed, Allah, Santa Clause, etc. The thread has actually been a lot of fun and generated some great discussion.

Anyway, I was looking at the thread this morning, and one of the very last comments left there was someone telling me to type in 'White American Inventors" into Google, which I subsequently did. At first I was confused because well, it's early, and I didn't quite see where the poster was trying to lead me, but upon watching one of the YT videos that was listed everything became quite clear. Mind you, this is not a racist thread from a racist (I am not that and neither is this). This is just sharing with the community something that I saw this morning that I think deserves our attention. Also, and not to wax sycophantic in the face of a possibly controversial thread, but this is one thing that I love about ATS. ATS represents a forum to express, share and discuss thoughts and topics that are too often verboten in general society. This is not a "right-wing" site, nor is it a "lefty" site, both are represented here strongly, and though often heated and sometimes contentious, there is, if nothing else, a robust discussion that occurs between these two seemingly disparate camps.

Ok, so I'll wrap 'er up from my end. Obviously I'll include the video in question. It is a Croat man (white fellow) making the video, so his societal sensibilities are a tad different than most Americans perhaps. Also, he is filming his computer with a camera while talking, so it's one of those (and the greatest sin is that he's on an Apple! Dear God!!!). I confess that I was mostly laughing through the video right up until the end and his discussion of the genocide that he experienced in Croatia...sort of ended the thing on a sour note you might say. Just shy of 8 minutes so a fairly quick watch. And with that...

LET THE FLAMING BEGIN!!!

Peace...
TEP

Oh...quick add. Unlike the Jesus thread mentioned above, I did test the things put forth on this video in Google (I don't have those other devices and thereby couldn't test them on the 'Jesus' thread). The results are exactly as he lays out. I also tested some others not listed there and found some interesting results. 'White Man' yields the first image of Donald Trump...ha! Also several white men in mug shots. This is juxtaposed to a much more flattering result for "Black Man". Also some others but I'll leave it y'all to experiment. Some could say the algorithms are just off, but it just reeks of a strange and terrible bias.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: TheElectricPriest

RE: " Mind you, this is not a racist thread from a racist "

"I come to praise Caesar..."

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   

I transitioned to duck duck go ages ago because of Google’s biased results. Also it doesn’t track you like google does.

I ran a search just to see the results and nothing untoward from duck duck go.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Google is racist against white people.

Its just link after link of what amounts to racial bullying.

All lead by liberals, of course.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

RE: " Mind you, this is not a racist thread from a racist "

"I come to praise Caesar..."

I don't understand your response at all. You put "I come to praise Caesar..." in quotes, but I wouldn't know where that's from. I think maybe you were thinking, "I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him," which was the line spoken by Antony following Caesar's assassination.

Also, I wanted to reiterate that I am not a racist nor this a racist thread, because it is those very notions that dismantles communication in our world. If you mention race or something untoward (such as this thread does), the immediacy of the ad hominen attack that jumps forth is obvious and expected. Well, some things deserve discussion even in lieu of that. This is one...

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Many think that the story of a Roman soldier piercing the body of Yoshua us a allegory to his father being a Roman soldier called Pantera Google yoshua ben Pantera

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Mind you, this is not a racist thread from a racist

Dude you’re white, you’re automatically a racist.
Most likely a misogynistic, homophobic chauvinist to boot
Just ask google or Gillette

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff

Mind you, this is not a racist thread from a racist

Dude you’re white, you’re automatically a racist.
Most likely a misogynistic, homophobic chauvinist to boot
Just ask google or Gillette

Oh...I mean well...yeah! I didn't mention those things because I assumed that was just obvious...

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam

Many think that the story of a Roman soldier piercing the body of Yoshua us a allegory to his father being a Roman soldier called Pantera Google yoshua ben Pantera

No no no! You know nothing of theology! The soldier's name was Megadeath Yahoo Emmanuel ben Slayer...everyone knows that.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   

I would have never thought to google search that but the results are shocking.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   
After learning about the extremist left-wing ideals coming from most (if not all) of the higher ups at google, I have determined that they are an defined threat against all things male, white, or American.

Seeing anything in their search results that have been listed in higher order than others does not surprise me.

If anyone is still using google to search for things, well...that's on them.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Antipathy17

I would have never thought to google search that but the results are shocking.

Yes Link...we're not in Hyrule anymore.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: havok
After learning about the extremist left-wing ideals coming from most (if not all) of the higher ups at google, I have determined that they are an defined threat against all things male, white, or American.

Seeing anything in their search results that have been listed in higher order than others does not surprise me.

If anyone is still using google to search for things, well...that's on them.

You see, to me such things go beyond extremist left wing ideology, and to something far more sinister. The reason why I say so is because of the shear power of Google. I mean think about how much influence this company represents...it's almost deistic. So if a modern deity is guiding the thoughts of society...what does that mean?

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul

I transitioned to duck duck go ages ago because of Google’s biased results. Also it doesn’t track you like google does.

Thanks for jumping in. I've never heard of duck duck go. I'll have to check 'er out. I think your response represents a good one that we should be seeing and sharing more often within this community. What's the old adage, if you're going to offer a complain, offer a solution. Kudos...

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul

Thanks for jumping in. I've never heard of duck duck go. I'll have to check 'er out. I think your response represents a good one that we should be seeing and sharing more often within this community. What's the old adage, if you're going to offer a complain, offer a solution. Kudos...

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I believe the term white people is as bad in actual ability to define as the term black people.
I purpose beige beings? there are no white people. Also on the jesus christ search i found that if you just search jesus the results seemed to fit better than using both words.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   
It’s been my experience in my 60 years of life that when one repeatedly states “I am not a (insert disparaging term here)”, they are generally dealing with some self doubt.

Personally, I think it would be refreshing that when humans ask Siri, Alexa, Google, etc., these type of inane questions, the reply back would be something akin to “And that’s why artificial intelligence will win!”

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: UncleTomahawk

I'm peach-colored in the crayola definition of that race.

Discussion of Google-bias is not permitted.

Even the Devil can misquote Shakespeare for his own purposes.
[see what I did there?]

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Its Opera Winfrey the reverse-racist and her bitter friends messing with human history online … people who want more than equality they want to roll back time and rule the planet as dark skinned Humanity ….. take back what they think was taken from them.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

Isn't a surprise

No reference to us building Western society either I see

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join