It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tennessee bills would allow adoption agencies to deny LGBT couples on religious grounds

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

No this case shows one thing, that too many institutions are church run, and that secular people need to do more about providing services that are not run by the church.

The reason this is even an issue is that adoption agencies are pretty much in most places mostly run by churches.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

I think this is a good thing.

Says you, maybe the children would say differently. Let's face it, the foster care system is messed up. I've heard all kinds of horror stories from the foster care system, which is tied to money. There are just as many messed up straight couples.

I personally know two gay couples that have kids. I have to say, those kids turned out really good/happy productive members of society.

edit on 8-2-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: SerenTheUniverse

This is a tricky one.

I want real freedom.

So I have to side with this law.

It doesn't deny lgbt people adoption rights .

All it does is give a private business the right to deny service for religious reasons.

Not all adoption agencies will decide to deny this.

I am fine with any business denying service for any reason at all.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

No this case shows one thing, that too many institutions are church run, and that secular people need to do more about providing services that are not run by the church.

The reason this is even an issue is that adoption agencies are pretty much in most places mostly run by churches.

Got a source for the part of your quote I bolded?

I have not been able to find anything that shows that over 50% of adoption agencies either nationwide or on a state-by-state basis are faith-based.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TycoonBarnaby

Any place relevant to this discussion it is. I'm not sure of the exact numbers was a generalization.

For example of another industry. Elderly care. In Ohio almost all elderly home care is funnelled through Catholic Social Services which collects money from the government and insurance, etc, then regulates the home healthcare industry. If you want home healthcare in Ohio there's no secular options. All answer to Catholic Social Services. This is actually common I found out.

<< 1   >>

join