It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Search Warrant FBI Used to Raid Trump's Attorney Michael Cohen To Be Released.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   
February 7, 2019

CNN and the New York Times have been fighting for months to get this document..

A federal judge on Thursday ordered the Justice Department to release redacted versions of its search warrant and other materials tied to the FBI’s April 2018 raid on Michael Cohen, Donald Trump‘s former personal lawyer.

Thursday’s decision gives DOJ until Feb. 28 to submit the materials to the court under seal with the proposed redactions. After that, Pauley said he will order the government to file the materials on the public docket.
Much More at: www.politico.com...

I've never seen a search warrant. What can be learned from such a document? There must be a sinister reason why CNN and the NYT want to see this one so badly.

-CareWeMust

edit on 2/7/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 10:18 PM
link   
This looks to be a good one!

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot
This looks to be a good one!

I'd like to know what can be learned from a Search Warrant? The FBI raided Cohen's hangouts, and cleaned him out.

The way I see it, this warrant said: "TAKE EVERYTHING". Pretty straight-forward.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Probably will be pretty well redacted but you never know. I’m so ready for the deep state to slip up.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Watch the warrant basically say "Clinton told us to"

Fbi are a bunch of hosers. Would be hillary-ous to see the far left troll themselves like that.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot

Probably will be pretty well redacted but you never know. I’m so ready for the deep state to slip up.

I always think of redactions as being related to National Security, or "Sources and Methods". What could be in a Michael Cohen search warrant that falls into these two categories?

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 10:51 PM
link   
A search warrant can provide good insight into the nature and, more usefully, the extent of the crime(s) prosecutors suspect were committed.

It is also sometimes possible to infer what other information the prosecutors had available (and maybe from who) that lead them to seek that specific warrant.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: a325nt

Republicans in the House are preparing a Bill that will ensure Democrats are indicted for lying to Congress, like Republicans have been.

The dotards should have submitted this bill last year, when they had the majority.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

Thank-you for the insight! Apparently a SW is far more than just "get all electronics and documents".

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Search warrants are supposed to be based on probable cause referring to an "investigation" of legal means, that determines a legal "search and seizure" of the titled Person/Property for illegal activity. I am sure the will follow these laws

new topics

top topics

join