It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember the student that hired attorneys to fight her SAT Racial cheating scandal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I first wrote about the story here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Well well well, look who dropped her fight:

www.cnn.com...

"The attention generated by Kamilah's case has been extremely stressful and emotionally traumatizing for her," the statement from Ben Crump Law, Cohen Milstein Sellers & Toll, and the College Board reads."

"Rather than further challenging the score validity process, she is now interested in potentially retaking the SAT and continuing her path forward privately as she pursues her college goals."

"Neither side has said what the report shows. Neither Crump nor Campbell publicly commented again about the case until Thursday's joint statement."

I think we can all clearly say she lied and cheated and was caught.
It also goes to show that the SAT board must have some kind of rock solid evidence in these cases.
Good for them!
edit on Thu Feb 7 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: EXTAGS ADDED IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

"The attention generated by Kamilah's case has been extremely stressful and emotionally traumatizing for her," the statement from Ben Crump Law, Cohen Milstein Sellers & Toll, and the College Board reads."

We pesky humans have a name for that: EMBARRASSED.

Maybe if she actually studied for -anything ever- she'd have known that.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Busted.

As noted in the previous thread, every scrap of paper you use during the test is collected when the test is over.

She turned in no scratch paper.

There's no way you go from 900 to 1230 on your SATs and do all the math in your head.

Lazy cheating.

Race card fail.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Her gofund me only brought in $471.

No windfall so her lawyers are abandoning ship.
edit on 7-2-2019 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Don't be jumping to conclusions that she cheated and lied. It could be that a settlement was made out of court which includes her saying she is dropping the case and will retake the test. That kind of thing happens often, the school wants to save face and makes an agreement with the attorney and they make up something to drop the lawsuit, which does not implicate either party as wrong.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Race card been played the # out since 1990s

get a new excuse.

Just blame it on imperial science, you idiot.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
Busted.

As noted in the previous thread, every scrap of paper you use during the test is collected when the test is over.

She turned in no scratch paper.

There's no way you go from 900 to 1230 on your SATs and do all the math in your head.

Lazy cheating.

Race card fail.

I used to be able to multiply or divide big numbers in my head, quicker than my daughter could put them into a calculator. I could do that from back in the late sixties in seventh grade to around the early 2000s, when I bumped my head and that ability disappeared with a concussion. I would solve all the answers quickly then go back and try to prove them in the ineficient way everyone else was doing it. Part of my system is now taught in schools today, but I was not involved in that change.

Someone who has the ability can do math problems without all of that stupid proving the math. I do not know if she cheated, but I know it is possible to do math in your head at extremely fast speeds if your mind works that way.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

If her mind worked that way she wouldn't have gotten a 900 the first time. (Or maybe she crushed the math section both times, but I doubt it.)

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TycoonBarnaby

If her mind worked that way she wouldn't have gotten a 900 the first time. (Or maybe she crushed the math section both times, but I doubt it.)

My mind did not always work great, if I had a headache the day of a IQ test, I did not always score in the ninety nine percentile range in math and mechanical aptitude.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
Her gofund me only brought in $471.

No windfall so her lawyers are abandoning ship.

You mean her comrades did not join her in her battle against the White-riarchy? Oh, I think I see what's happened here. GoFundMe does not accept food stamps. The poor lefties have Zero purchasing power. Therefore their threats to boycott can be safely laughed at. I'd say they should have boycotted the college in question, but, let's face it they boycotted Education in any of it's recognizable forms a looong time ago...

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TycoonBarnaby

Really it doesn't matter what we think she was or was not capable of. There was an investigation, a report, and she and her lawyers have dropped the case and nobody is talking about the findings in the report.

I think it's safe to say there was no inkling of racism OR wrong doing found on the part of the school. The school probably just wants this to go away, and so, rather than expose the findings and look like they are beating up on a clearly frustrated, upset person who's maybe also close to a nervous breakdown, they made an agreement with her to just both stop talking about it after releasing a neutral statement designed to put an end cap on this episode.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   

"Don't be jumping to conclusions that she cheated and lied"

I think we can jump to conclusions here's why:

"Rather than further challenging the score validity process, she is now interested in potentially retaking the SAT and continuing her path forward privately as she pursues her college goals."

If I were not cheating and they said I did, I would personally fight till the end, but I can understand if she didn't want to, but..................even if I did have to retake the test I would show the world my 3rd test score just to validate that I wasn't cheating.... She is doing the opposite. She wants it to be "private" why? She is not a private person, she is the one that went into the spotlight.

Here is what the test board said:

"We look forward to exploring ways to make the test security process more transparent and to addressing the broader educational needs of students," the statement adds. "The parties will be meeting again in the very near future."

Read that again, Security process more transparent.

So I read that as she didn't know there were cameras/ etc and cheated and made a fool out of herself.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

The school probably just wants this to go away,

Oh friend, you bring up a beautiful point. The school did get involved and spent taxpayer money on this waste of time.
If schools do not believe in the validity of tests like ACT & SAT then they shouldn't be forcing them on students, but they do.

I think it is safe to say that the SAT & ACT boards have seen it all, and probably have done everything to safeguard themselves from lawsuits.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   

"Don't be jumping to conclusions that she cheated and lied"

I think we can jump to conclusions here's why:

If I were not cheating and they said I did, I would personally fight till the end, but I can understand if she didn't want to, but..................even if I did have to retake the test I would show the world my 3rd test score just to validate that I wasn't cheating.... She is doing the opposite. She wants it to be "private" why? She is not a private person, she is the one that went into the spotlight.

Here is what the test board said:

"We look forward to exploring ways to make the test security process more transparent and to addressing the broader educational needs of students," the statement adds. "The parties will be meeting again in the very near future."

Read that again, Security process more transparent.

So I read that as she didn't know there were cameras/ etc and cheated and made a fool out of herself.

Did you even read all of the article you linked where they talk about the counselor actually telling her to take it twice and her mother getting her a Tutor and so on. It is the first part of the Nine hundred to twelve thirty section.

It was her counselor's recommendation, and she had access to other stuff that could help her to prepare better for the test. If the school had proof, they would have showed it to the public when they were getting trashed, so I highly doubt if there is anything. Like I said, I could do math in my head really well, half of my IQ and sat tests I did not have proof and I blew them away, scoring in the ninety nine point nine percentile most times.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Did you even read all of the article you linked where they talk about the counselor actually telling her to take it twice and her mother getting her a Tutor and so on. It is the first part of the Nine hundred to twelve thirty section. It was her counselor's recommendation, and she had access to other stuff that could help her to prepare better for the test. If the school had proof, they would have showed it to the public when they were getting trashed, so I highly doubt if there is anything. Like I said, I could do math in my head really well, half of my IQ and sat tests I did not have proof and I blew them away, scoring in the ninety nine point nine percentile most times.

Of course I read it and it convinces me even more now that she has been lying this whole time.

Tons of students take test, and then get help and retake. Many of them get better scores. The SAT board has said several times that just a jump in score is not enough to flag a test, there was more. ie hard evidence of cheating. In your example, maybe you did bad on one test and had a better day on the next text, that is not enough to flag it. There was something more.

If the school had proof, they would have showed it to the public when they were getting trashed

The SAT board is completely separate from a school. It is like getting your license at the DMV. You can train for it at school, but ultimately the DMV is a separate testing entity. Same with SAT board. The school wanted to get involved because she is their student, but there is no way they would have known if she was cheating or not cheating.

If you are asking why the SAT board wouldn't show the proof, it might be to prevent other students from using that knowledge to cheat on the tests in the future. Would a store show the public it's security methods? Maybe they hide cameras on the desks or something??

Read this part again, and think why would the SAT board say this?

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Did you even read all of the article you linked where they talk about the counselor actually telling her to take it twice and her mother getting her a Tutor and so on. It is the first part of the Nine hundred to twelve thirty section. It was her counselor's recommendation, and she had access to other stuff that could help her to prepare better for the test. If the school had proof, they would have showed it to the public when they were getting trashed, so I highly doubt if there is anything. Like I said, I could do math in my head really well, half of my IQ and sat tests I did not have proof and I blew them away, scoring in the ninety nine point nine percentile most times.

Of course I read it and it convinces me even more now that she has been lying this whole time.

Tons of students take test, and then get help and retake. Many of them get better scores. The SAT board has said several times that just a jump in score is not enough to flag a test, there was more. ie hard evidence of cheating. In your example, maybe you did bad on one test and had a better day on the next text, that is not enough to flag it. There was something more.

If the school had proof, they would have showed it to the public when they were getting trashed

The SAT board is completely separate from a school. It is like getting your license at the DMV. You can train for it at school, but ultimately the DMV is a separate testing entity. Same with SAT board. The school wanted to get involved because she is their student, but there is no way they would have known if she was cheating or not cheating.

If you are asking why the SAT board wouldn't show the proof, it might be to prevent other students from using that knowledge to cheat on the tests in the future. Would a store show the public it's security methods? Maybe they hide cameras on the desks or something??

Read this part again, and think why would the SAT board say this?

I see nothing in that article that shows that she was caught cheating. Transparent might just mean that the student needs to be aware they need to show all evidence, that they may have not have known that all the scratch paper must be turned in. I tried to find how you derived that she was cheating in the article, actually looking for something that would substantiate your claims...I could not find one definitive thing. I read the article trying to see evidence of what you were saying to try to add supporting posts, but could not find it. There was an agreement made between the school and lawyers to retake the test and to drop the case. I am guessing there was no evidence found to show she cheated since no articles I read on this provided any evidence other than exclusion of some materials turned in that proved the student did the figuring. I think you are reading too much into this. And if you do not think it is stressful for a kid to have their name blasted on the internet and have people coming at you and telling you that you need to sue the hell out of the school, then maybe you were not a normal high school nerd. She Was interested in getting in a dance program, so she retook the SAT. Now, to dance well, it requires intelligence, so does playing a musical instrument. Same with being a Nerd like me in High school. Not one of us Nerds were hormone driven enough to challenge something like this, most of us were smart unless stressed, then we could go nuts. Same with the people in the Orchestra and some of the other people into art, the stress shuts them down just like it shuts me down. I am sixty three now and don't give a crap what people think anymore, I can chew on stressful situations now and spit them out into the street, because I got hardened over the years and have always evaluated things too much. I was under the impression I was flawed because I was not like everyone else, I was rational and rational is usually not fun. Back when I was young, stress shut me down. This is one of the intelligence genes that does this, COMT, and another gene they call the worrier or warrier gene.

Chances are this girl will not do very good on the test because she is overloaded, studying ahead of time gives the person confidence and they do not get overloaded. I am full blown worrier genetics.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Well, we have to agree to disagree, I think the articles spell it out.

www.local10.com...
"We do not cancel scores based on a score gain alone; we will only cancel scores after we are confident that there is substantial evidence to do so."

Then, She sues, they meet, she drops case. Remember, she sued, she started the process.

"https://www.miamitimesonline.com/faith_family/family_news/flagged-sat-scores-incident-draws-school-board-review/article_62266f7e-19a8-11e9-a7a7-ef41c fc1e582.html"

"The call to review such instances comes two weeks after Campbell, a Dr. Michael M. Krop senior, announced that Educational Testing Service flagged her October SAT test score and is accusing her of having prior knowledge of the test."

I do agree with one thing
"Campbell’s story received national attention after she hired famed civil rights attorney, Benjamin Crump"

If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen! She learned the hard way and at a young age.

The board goes on to explain
“We give the benefit of the doubt to the student and we never hold or cancel scores unless there is strong evidence that the scores are invalid.”

The College Board went on to list the types of evidence that suggest invalidity, which include:

A student’s answer sheet resembles not only another student’s, but a group of students who have very similar answers, including the same wrong answers.
The same group includes students whose scores have been canceled for irregularities in the past. The group of students’ answers match not only one another, but an answer key or “cheat sheet” that has been found circulating among students.
There is an absence of any scratch work in the testing booklet.
Each of these factors and other similar evidence are rare. In combination, they are extremely rare and establish a very strong pattern.
edit on 8-2-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

They said she had prior knowledge of the test. They have had old tests available a person can get to study from for years, they are pretty much the same kind of test. Some of the questions are actually asked on the subsequent tests. My Youngest daughter had one of those tests, maybe even two. Her counselor at school gave her copies to study from to up her SAT score...she took it twice. Her score from the first test was high but the counselor said she could get it higher to retake it. She did worse on the second test, she had a cold the second time so the first score stood.

Oops, sorry, that was my granddaughter who lived with us, from my first daughter. I read it and figured, that was not eighteen years ago.

edit on 8-2-2019 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

top topics

join