It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human Trafficking or Racial profiling?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   
www.bbc.com...
Cindy McCain apologises after police dispute human trafficking claim

I'll break down what happened.
Cindy McCain alerted airport security after she saw an ethnic woman with a child of a different ethnicity.
She assumed human trafficking. It wasn't

Cindy McCain herself has an adopted child of different ethnicity.
Would she find it weird if she was profiled while out?

I'm really torn on this issue. I mean, just because someone doesn't look like their kids so what, but what if there was something
more. Sometimes it's the smallest of things that solve cases, a weird hunch, feeling.
Is just looking different enough? It's a pain to go through an airport, now
imagine that you get stopped because your child doesn't look like you.

I look absolutely nothing like either of my parents, but I am identical to my
grandmother. If I were walking with my mom or dad it could easily be assumed we weren't related.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
www.bbc.com...
Cindy McCain apologises after police dispute human trafficking claim

I'll break down what happened.
Cindy McCain alerted airport security after she saw an ethnic woman with a child of a different ethnicity.
She assumed human trafficking. It wasn't

The problem is that the law should not take seriously such claims unless evidence is produced. What possible evidence can exist from looking at a couple of people walking through an airport?
There are probably many cases of this happening, but where's the proof?

Is suspicion all that is necessary?

Oh hold on...

edit on Thu Feb 7 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed quote Trim Those Quotes

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 04:57 PM
link   
My kids look Spanish. Yellow with brown straight hair. I am like bitck black without hair. No similar issues so far.

Then again. OP a is about middle North America. The land is known madnesses like this.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

The problem is that the law should not take seriously such claims unless evidence is produced.

I'd love to hear from former LEOs, what's your take on this?
Sometimes something is just off. Human intuition can be very strong.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   
It was a red herring publicity stunt that backfired.

Lots of people getting exposed as "on-the-take" 😎

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

my wife who is maori and is really dark in the summer goes out with the grand kids who are blond haired and blue eyed often gets asked about the kids just in a curios way

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   
McCain's dad was sure in the tank for duping the public. Maybe, she is duping the public for some reason. With child trafficking getting serious attention maybe she is being a real do-gooder like her dad should've been. In the end it is better to to take a few mins and check at a port of entry than allow ANOTHER child to be sold for someones sex toy IMO.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman
McCain's dad was sure in the tank for duping the public. Maybe, she is duping the public for some reason. With child trafficking getting serious attention maybe she is being a real do-gooder like her dad should've been. In the end it is better to to take a few mins and check at a port of entry than allow ANOTHER child to be sold for someones sex toy IMO.

Wrong McCain outrage...

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: Justoneman

Wrong McCain outrage...

Apples do fall near their trees. Or at least we here something like that around these parts.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   
As a former LEO, you ask yourself how this complainant overcame her qualms to approach you with this insight. Is her 'spider-sense' more powerful than her fear of being called crazy?

And as always, "what's the price of being wrong?"

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Its more than that.

Cindy McCain had created this whole scenario in her head: The women was passing off the child to a Man who had "Bought" the kid.

WTF Cindy????

How did you manage to deduce that?

I don't get how she gets a pass on this. It's pretty horrible behavior.

Maybe it is the crowd she keeps that she just assumed they were Child Trafficking.

NIce crowd you hang with CIndy.

new topics

top topics

join