It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peek behind the Curtain-Who's behind AOC and the GND?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Do you folks ever listen to anyone else? Free everything would be wonderful, but those of us who understand that things cost money, and know how money is obtained, realize that idea won't work. Healthcare needs to be fixed. If someone can come up with a plan that works and it's single payer, super. Just do the damn math first.

Your high horse is nice, but if you unplug it or run out of quarters, it's useless.

The problem is that people want to take from others so all can be equal, equally poor, and they feel this is some utopia. To fix the healthcare system is a direction no one wants to go because it is big business for both the left and right. We are also talking about less than 10% of the US population that needs to be fixed. I have 3 healthcare programs as example, and the vast majority of America also has healthcare, but less than 10% do not.

We need a separate healthcare system outside of the insurance umbrella to deal with this. It is already there in some states and is very cost effective and good that along with provided catastrophic insurance would take care of that 10% that might be lacking.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

originally posted by: tinner07
a reply to: odzeandennz

The republic is being attacked with promises of using renewable energy and healthcare for all

I know... the majority here on ATS go with give the rich everything and hope we get some scraps....reduce regulations corporations so they can pollute the environment more in the name of profits...

Lets mock somebody that cares about the people... all the while giving the President of the United States a pass for every lie he tells...

That thinking is a total reverse on reality though.

Who or what is "giving the rich" anything? To the left, not stealing other people's money constitutes giving them something.

So if you don't take what others have, that is doing them a favor and giving to them? What a generous mind you have!

This is the exact infection the democrat party shares. The arrogance on a grand scale not seen since the days of Nero.

This is what Cortez believes too, (while she goes out and spends thousands of tax dollars (on herself) with her new expense account).

See, here’s the problem for me. You see taxes as stealing. Fair enough. In our current society where taxes are taken from us and we largely have no representation on how it’s spent, I can see there’s a bit of theft flavor there.

I, on the other hand, see exploitation as stealing. Where corporations take more and more of the product of other people’s work over time for themselves. Where banks raise interest and levy usurious charges. Where landlords raise rent. They pass legislation forcing us to buy their products. They monopolize and price fix. You call that good business.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I prefer not to go too much into personal cases or examples because they would almost certainly be removed by the moderators here. Maybe the most vivid example I can present would concern a girl I dated for over three years when I was younger. The entire time I was subjected to pretty nasty treatment by some of her family members.

As far as business is concerned, what you say may or may not be true. I have seen many businesses run just fine despite the nepotistic nature of their hiring practices. Often only a few real leaders need be combined with more mediocre members that do the day to day grunt work. Too many cooks and all that.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: toms54

As far as business is concerned, what you say may or may not be true. I have seen many businesses run just fine despite the nepotistic nature of their hiring practices. Often only a few real leaders need be combined with more mediocre members that do the day to day grunt work. Too many cooks and all that.

Depends on the business, if you hire engineers, as example, you better not have this attitude...I dated a woman who was mixed and was even a Jet mag center page girl, and boy being white I didn't get much friendliness from her family, so ya I understand that part, but boy I think in 50 years everyone will be some shade of brown in America lol.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: pexx421

A simple Marxist summation..

No one and I mean no one should ever come to me and say you are too wealthy, period.

I do not owe anyone outside my business. Asking or demanding I pay more us pure b.s.

I donate more than 95% of any opinion holder, and that is what it is "an opinion".

Expect me pay more? Get involved? I am. Rediculos demands are just that, rediculos. Personally, sacrificing my estate, children, wealth and earned place is not up for option, especially for sob stories. ..not for anyone that simply expects.

It's not yours, go earn it.

I flipped burgers decades ago, made I life for my family, made a choice and it was not "they owe me".

Live that life and one is destined for poverty, entitlement and regret.

Mg

edit on 8-2-2019 by missed_gear because: clarity

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: pexx421

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

originally posted by: tinner07
a reply to: odzeandennz

The republic is being attacked with promises of using renewable energy and healthcare for all

I know... the majority here on ATS go with give the rich everything and hope we get some scraps....reduce regulations corporations so they can pollute the environment more in the name of profits...

Lets mock somebody that cares about the people... all the while giving the President of the United States a pass for every lie he tells...

That thinking is a total reverse on reality though.

Who or what is "giving the rich" anything? To the left, not stealing other people's money constitutes giving them something.

So if you don't take what others have, that is doing them a favor and giving to them? What a generous mind you have!

This is the exact infection the democrat party shares. The arrogance on a grand scale not seen since the days of Nero.

This is what Cortez believes too, (while she goes out and spends thousands of tax dollars (on herself) with her new expense account).

See, here’s the problem for me. You see taxes as stealing. Fair enough. In our current society where taxes are taken from us and we largely have no representation on how it’s spent, I can see there’s a bit of theft flavor there.

I, on the other hand, see exploitation as stealing. Where corporations take more and more of the product of other people’s work over time for themselves. Where banks raise interest and levy usurious charges. Where landlords raise rent. They pass legislation forcing us to buy their products. They monopolize and price fix. You call that good business.

I wasn't referring to all the other points you brought up like raising rents and etc. I agree with you on all of those.

The theft I speak of is when politicians use some made up crisis to get people onboard with tax hikes and creation, then they go out and buy French marble, and other exotic products plus clothes and booze and 5 star hotel packages to enrich their work environment as part of the package, while calling them mandatory and necessary.. The most recent and perfect example of this is when Trump shut down the Pelosi / Schumer travel plans recently.

Our current swamp of human garbage in politics today have been riding that "Clinton" style of graft and corruption for awhile now, fully hooked and setting an example for the newcomers like Occasional Cortex Disruption, who just recently spent 3500 on clothes.

When these kind of dirt bags get a taste of that, it would be the same as how a bank robber who never gets caught, just can't stop, and so now they want to tax rainy days and everything else possible, and even things that are impossible, to feed that new found addiction, plus it has almost no risk of punishment.

It's all about the very transparent dishonesty in representation that is the key factor for me.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
For all of you who mock and belittle AOC, I'd suggest you do some research and take a look at who's actually pulling the levers from behind the curtain for the "Justice Democrats" that AOC is a part of.

Clearly The person pulling the strings on the DNC and AOC is Trump.

Nobody could be so lucky to run against such a horrendous train wreck of a party not once, but twice. Clearly trump infiltrated the democrats. If it wasnt for the democrats,Hillary and now AOC he wouldnt have a chance in hell to have become POTUS.

edit on 14228America/ChicagoSat, 09 Feb 2019 00:14:02 -0600000000p2842 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join