It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats - Principle or Power?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   
So we've all heard the controversy regarding Virginian Governor Ralph Northam and his blackface incident. When news broke of this last week, Democrats were tripping over themselves to condemn him given the embarrassment. You may have noticed that the story has started to die down and Northham still hasn't resigned. Typically, I'd chalk it up as just being short attention spans. However, politically, there is more going on here.

What you may not have heard is that the Lt. Governor, Democrat Justin Fairfax, who is next in line if Gov. Northham resigns has his own #MeToo problem. The media has been fairly quiet about it, but he was accused last week as well of assaulting a woman at the DNC convention in 2004. Of course, he denies it and says the sex was consensual, but given Democrats outrage over Kavanaugh, you'd expect these same Democrats to be calling for Fairfax to step down. After all, we need to hear this woman's "truth" Of course, these people grandstanding during the SC hearings are all but silent on this...

But wait.... THERE'S MORE!

The third guy in line in Virginia is the state's Attorney General, Mark Herring. He just came out and admitted that he also dressed in black face to look like Curtis Blow back in the early 80s when he was in college. So in light of the calls for the governnor to step down for the same thing I assume Mr. Herring would not be able to step in if Lt. Governnor is also down for the count....

Well.... here is where it gets interesting and if Democrats care more about Principle or Power.

The top 1, 2, and 3 guys.... all of whom are Democrats have some serious explaining to do and based on Democrat hysteria over identity politics, i tis no question they should be stepping down. BUT...

The fourth guy in line is Republican, Speaker of the House, Kirk Cox!

So now we get see if Democrats stand on principle or care more about their power.

Interesting times indeed. My prediction is that this story is going to get quickly buried and the media is going to move on to other things until this can blow over.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   
If the left didn't have double standards, they wouldn't have any standards at all. I personally think we should stick to the innocent until proven guilty. I said that when Kavanaugh was being put through the court of public opinion and I'll stick with that for these people too. The hypocrisy from the Dems will play right into the hands of the GOP though. I see an easy road for Trump's reelection and possibly even taking back the house next time.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Democrats - Principle or Power?

I don't think that matters to the general voter. Mainly the driving force of politics is "perception" and "personality"

I know it's over used, but politics is just the entertainment faction of the MIC where the real power resides and banks.

we are just pawns in their game of control. Theres also a negative side....

edit on 7-2-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
If the left didn't have double standards, they wouldn't have any standards at all. I personally think we should stick to the innocent until proven guilty. I said that when Kavanaugh was being put through the court of public opinion and I'll stick with that for these people too. The hypocrisy from the Dems will play right into the hands of the GOP though. I see an easy road for Trump's reelection and possibly even taking back the house next time.

I agree, people are innocent until proven guilty. In the Lt Governor's case, he admitted to sleeping with the woman. The question is if she is telling the truth that it was assault. I generally don't buy the delayed assault claims decades later. However, given how Democrats hysertically want to believe all claims of assault and take a guilt until proven innocent approach, I think it is only right that he step down.

Kavanaugh was accused of much less and there wasn't any proof.

But like you said... Democrats aren't known for their consistency.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Sen. Rand Paul seems quite clear on the issue of the title of this thread, he just tweeted...

Justice is supposed to be blind. Why is it that an admitted liar like James Clapper perjured himself to Congress and got off scot-free? But if you're somehow associated with @realDonaldTrump, then they will pursue you relentlessly? This shouldn't be a one-way street! — Senator Rand Paul (@RandPaul) February 7, 2019

The Senate should investigate FBI methods and selective prosecution of Trump officials. TIME FOR HEARINGS! — Senator Rand Paul (@RandPaul) February 7, 2019

[url=https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/02/rand-paul-calls-for-senate-hearings-on-fbi-methods-and-selective-prosecution-of-trump-officials]Linky[/u rl]

I know, Gatewaypundit amirite?

It has the tweets though, so that's cool.

:

For some reason ATS is not allowing the link by introducing a space where there is no space, go figure. just copy paste the link if you want.)
edit on 7-2-2019 by Jonjonj because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-2-2019 by Jonjonj because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   

However, given how Democrats hysertically want to believe all claims of assault and take a guilt until proven innocent approach, I think it is only right that he step down.

This is the only part I disagree with because it's such a slippery slope that if it isn't corrected soon we will see great people get their lives ruined over petty politics. People are people no matter what side of politics they sit on.

ETA: I think the Dems that put Kavanaugh through all that crap should have to make a public apology to Kavanaugh and his family and stop this nonsense right now. Of course, investigate the claims but it shouldn't be up for reporting by journalists unless they are personally open to a lawsuit for false reporting.
edit on 7-2-2019 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   

However, given how Democrats hysertically want to believe all claims of assault and take a guilt until proven innocent approach, I think it is only right that he step down.

This is the only part I disagree with because it's such a slippery slope that if it isn't corrected soon we will see great people get their lives ruined over petty politics. People are people no matter what side of politics they sit on.

ETA: I think the Dems that put Kavanaugh through all that crap should have to make a public apology to Kavanaugh and his family and stop this nonsense right now. Of course, investigate the claims but it shouldn't be up for reporting by journalists unless they are personally open to a lawsuit for false reporting.

So what you are saying is allow the Dems to try to unseat a President, mar the reputation of a proposed supreme court justice and quite a few (lots) of other conservatives, but when the goose meets the gander, crickets? Really?

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Most of this charade is because Northam let slip how extreme the left really is on abortion. Which they saw as a political liability is 2020 so they dug up some old dirt and executed a scorched earth scenario and all gathered around the burning wreckage, pointing their fingers and saying in cult-like unison, "shame, shame, shame!"

Now nobody even remembers anything about Northam and abortion and they can point to how strongly they condemned his "racism". They believe that the republicans won't dare touch any issue on race because in their minds all of the GOP are white supremacists and they don't poll well on such topics.

The Fairfax thing was a wild card that thew them for a loop so they are burying it with the compliance of the MSM as quickly as possible. Hence the other guy coming out with the race card and the clutch distraction. Way to fall on your sword, buddy.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

I agree, people are innocent until proven guilty. In the Lt Governor's case, he admitted to sleeping with the woman. The question is if she is telling the truth that it was assault. I generally don't buy the delayed assault claims decades later. However, given how Democrats hysertically want to believe all claims of assault and take a guilt until proven innocent approach, I think it is only right that he step down.

Kavanaugh was accused of much less and there wasn't any proof.

But like you said... Democrats aren't known for their consistency.

Ummm...screw that noise...I’m damn tired of being told to take the high road...

Besides...it’s too late to close that particular barn door...precedent has been set...

Repugs always leave their balls at home when it comes to politics...it’s time they grew a pair and fought for what they give lip service to...

In war...you take it to the enemy...no matter which gutter he lives in...

YouSir

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   
The only thing Democrats are about is POWER and CONTROL.

The last decade not enough proof?

Delusional.
edit on 7-2-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I want to preface this with I am willing to be proven wrong, the whole blackface thing just doesn't bother be to the extent it does others. I am not African American so maybe I don't an opinion. I will say I don't think Northam handled it well.

Sexual assault bothers me much, much more. Again, lets hold everyone to the same standards.

Everyone makes mistakes, IMO. An awkward hug or a bad Halloween costume should ruin the rest of you life. Everyone is so busy trying to discredit others like we all don't make mistake.

Now don't get me wrong - evidence of actual sexual assault and of violent racism - let get those people out of power. I'm in. However, I am also the type of person that can allow a woman the chance to speak without automatically assuming the man is guilty.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

So what you are saying is allow the Dems to try to unseat a President, mar the reputation of a proposed supreme court justice and quite a few (lots) of other conservatives, but when the goose meets the gander, crickets? Really?

I get what you’re saying but where does it end is the point I was trying to make.
edit on 7-2-2019 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Something that makes this whole thing even more complicated is that the only reason Cox is Speaker of the House is pretty much due to a coin flip.

After the election in 2017, one of the races, after a recount, had the Dem candidate winning by a single vote. It was then taken to court and a judge decided that the election was actually a tie. So the winner was decided by drawing a name from a hat.

Things were already going to get ugly in Virginia if Cox became governor. The fact that the he's only Speaker due to dumb luck is going to make things that much uglier.

In the end though I don't see it getting to that point. The only one who may have committed an impeachable offense is Fairfax. So even if Northam eventually bows to pressure and resigns, he could hold off on doing so until after he has the chance to appoint a new Lieutenant Governor.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Honest question: why is being black an insult? A black person in whiteface isn't a problem. Grow the hell up, everybody.

ETA: I understand the topic is a little deeper than that, but this is where it stems from. Most of society doesn't care beyond the political scope. Race is being used as a political motivator, which is the most insulting part of the situation.
edit on 7-2-2019 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 05:56 PM
link   

I get what you’re saying but where does it end is the point I was trying to make.

Perhaps it ends when one side admits, however surreptitiously, to its shameful partisan behaviour and goes back to being the opposition and not the enemy.

Just a thought.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Perhaps it ends when one side admits, however surreptitiously, to its shameful partisan behaviour and goes back to being the opposition and not the enemy.

Just a thought.

Yep, I said that in the post you first replied to. So I guess we’re in agreement.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 01:44 AM
link   

They only want power and nothing else.

If you don't believe me ask Reich's Chancellor Pelosi and Deputy Fuehrer Schumer.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Something that makes this whole thing even more complicated is that the only reason Cox is Speaker of the House is pretty much due to a coin flip.

After the election in 2017, one of the races, after a recount, had the Dem candidate winning by a single vote. It was then taken to court and a judge decided that the election was actually a tie. So the winner was decided by drawing a name from a hat.

Things were already going to get ugly in Virginia if Cox became governor. The fact that the he's only Speaker due to dumb luck is going to make things that much uglier.

In the end though I don't see it getting to that point. The only one who may have committed an impeachable offense is Fairfax. So even if Northam eventually bows to pressure and resigns, he could hold off on doing so until after he has the chance to appoint a new Lieutenant Governor.

so for you, it's power. got it.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Where did I say that? I believe that Northam should resign but there's no legal recourse that can be taken to make him do so. So I will not be surprised that if he does eventually resign it won't be until after he appoints a new Lieutenant Governor.

That said, I'm also very opposed to a second Civil War popping off in the state where I currently reside. If Cox becomes governor you better believe it will be anarchy in the streets of Richmond.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

the question was simple. Principal would state that all who have admitted to be guilty would step down. Remember, the left set these rules in motion with the Kavanaugh thing. Power would be what you suggest.

Impeachable offence isn't the issue. If the person in question did bad things, it's the democratic way to step down. I was assured that this is why the left holds the high ground here, since once a scandal hits, they step down, unlike the right.
I hope you realize this is comical for those of us who weren't led by the media the last couple years. A narrative was pushed, and rules were adopted, until they became uncomfortable. It's about consistency. And to a degree, integrity, although I don't think that word means the same thing to the left as it does the right.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join