It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we Tilting / Rotating faster ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I've always wondered if the Earths Wobble or tilt has a direct effect on the climate as we tilt to the right does a warmer climate become a colder wetter climate and are we tilting at a faster pace ?
The magnetic North pole is moving like 35 miles per year towards Russia are we experiencing a pole shift ? Could this explain the crazy weather we our seeing now ?

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

You do realize that magnetic north and geographic north are not the same, right?

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I'm sure there could be some relationships to tilt and wobble in respect to occurring changes, but science has not yet been able to evaluate it, we have only had the necessary test equipment for maybe thirty years to do that, and it takes way longer than that to establish a pattern with relation to the changes in natural things like that.

Another maybe fifty years and they may have figured out how the relation goes, right now there are some hypothesis out there about this but there is not enough information to positively equate if there is a connection.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Yes , But is geographic north changing also with tilt .

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Earth's rotation currently takes 23 hours 56 minutes and 4 seconds to rotate once and make a day. Atomic clocks show that the Earth's rotation is slowing down by about 2.3 milliseconds (that would be 0.0023 seconds) per century.

The Earth's axial tilt or obliquity is currently at 23.4 degrees. It oscillates between 22.1 to 24.5 degrees over a period of about 41,000 years. It is currently decreasing (going back towards 22.1 degrees)...and is happening very, very slowly.

The Earth's magnetic poles are moving, and are governed by what is happening inside the Earth, however does not affect where you are physically on the Earth (IE the magnetic pole is not the same as the axial pole), and the movement of the magnetic poles will not make any changes in the position of the sun or stars.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   

But is geographic north changing also with tilt .
Not fast enough to notice, otherwise the stars would not rise and set where they should be.

But climate is indeed affected by long term changes in the orientation of Earth's axis of rotation. Very long term.
www.indiana.edu...

edit on 2/7/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Could something cause our Core to rotate/wobble out of balance and would that effect the Earths axis of tilt ?

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Nothing "internal" can affect the tilt but external forces can. The Earth's tilt changes by about 2.5º on a 41,000 year cycle. This is caused by gravitational influences from the other planets.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I could have sworn that time was speeding up but then I found out it's just because I'm getting older. lol

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: AlexanderM

Actually, I think the "ability to perceive time at an increased rate" was a topic on Through The Wormhole with Morgan Freeman on one episode... I would have to go back and find it.
edit on 7-2-2019 by bmullini because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Didn't we just finish a tilt or wobble that's on a cycle of around 26,000 years or so about the same time as the Mayan calendar ended ? I know it's been said that when the Earths at a greater tilt we get harsher weather /Climate . Wonder if this is the change the Mayans warned us about .

Also find this interesting .

Melting ice is causing the Earth's axis to shift direction
edit on 2/7/2019 by Gargoyle91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I never did understand how precession Didn't effect climate.I realize that the movement is slow but to my mind this is the root of climate change, I presume there is not much grant money for this research. Man made climate change is more "PC".

link   
1st dbl
edit on 7-2-2019 by thedigirati because: (no reason given)

link   
Dbl
edit on 7-2-2019 by thedigirati because: Dbl

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   
www.jpl.nasa.gov...

www.theage.com.au...

Couple of articles I found. I remember hearing this in the aftermath of the 2004 earthquake and resulting tsunami that took 23,000 lives. Scientists believed that the earthquake released enough energy to make the earth "wobble" on its axis.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: bmullini

Here's another cool article about that very thing.

www.livescience.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I always thought that when you spin from getting a good buzz it was the earth spinning. I also wondered if they spin backwards down under when they get drunk. Turns out it's all in the ears.

I have heard that that the shape of earth is changing that is causing the fluctuations.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Wish I had time to upload some images, maybe someone else can:

Precession is not the same as the Wobble.

Precession is a 26,000 year cycle in which the Earth's axis points at a different area in the sky, but it does so with the same 22.1 to 24.5 degree tilt.

Precession does not effect how much sun light falls on the Earth, or where it falls, due to how the Earth orbits the sun.

The wobble on the other hand does slightly affect that, but it's a 41,000 year cycle and is barely over 2 degrees of change.

In order to have large changes in the climate on certain areas of the Earth (or the whole planet for that mater) the wobble would have to be a much larger change than that.

I'll try to post pictures later if no one else has.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Skorpiogurl

Wow, that was a pretty intense article. Been watching all the debate on climate change and the Green New Deal proposal that's going on. One thing I never thought about or heard of was if earthquakes and volcanic eruptions contribute to climate changes on a global scale. Hard to believe that a 20-30 second earthquake could cause such huge outcomes for the planet, but could be possible.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Actually, precession does have an effect on climate. It changes the position the Earth is in its orbit during the seasons.

Right now winter (in the northern hemisphere) occurs when the Earth is at perihelion. In 13,000 years winter will occur when the Earth is at aphelion so winters will be colder (and, conversely, summers will be warmer).

top topics

<<   2 >>

join