It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MN senator's presidential run is off to a rocky start.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I couldn't resist sharing this.

Amy Klobuchar allegedly mistreated staffers, sees difficulty getting team for 2020 run: report

Minnesota Sen. Amy Klobuchar is facing staff problems in her likely 2020 presidential run as top campaign aides withdraw their names from consideration amid her alleged mistreatment of the staff.

The Democrat, who has long teased her possible entry into the already-crowded Democratic primary field, is set to make a speech on Sunday in Minneapolis, with many speculating she will announce her candidacy.

But a new report claims that at least three top campaign aides withdrew from consideration to lead the campaign over alleged abuse and mistreatment of her staff.

Some former Klobuchar staffers told the Huff Post that the senator demeaned them and often became cruel, lashing out at their work on emails, calling it “the worst” she has ever seen in her career in politics and sharing the emails with her comments to others who weren't related to the issue.

She also allegedly made an aide cry after being late and tasked others with personal errands like washing dishes at her home, picking up her dry cleaning or making personal appointments. All would be in violation of Senate ethics rules.

According to the outlet, between 2001 and 2016, Klobuchar ranked at the top in the Senate for staff turnover.

If she treats her people so badly that nobody wants to be her campaign manager, can you imagine what kind of presidential campaign she'll end up with?

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I see another brilliant success story in its infancy 💥😎💥

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I just can't wait to see the Left start eating their own in debates. You think it's bad now, just wait till they start trying to " out progressive " each other.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   
The Democratic Race for Presidential nomination is going to be dominated by female candidates. Which is fine...I only want the best nominees to run for President, it doesn’t matter what gender they are. But, and this is just a theory, because there will be so many female nominees I think it lessens their chances of defeating Trump. Here’s why. (I’m not a Trump fanboy, so I’m not rooting for this to happen)

A male Democratic candidate is less likely to try to undermine a female candidate out of fear of being a sexist. But a female candidate might be fierce about it. They wouldn’t have to worry about being deemed a sexist if their campaign got dirty. For instance, Kamala Harris might be inclined to attack her opponents weak spots where a male opponent would not. In a way, it might turn into a dirty cat fight They could team up on all the male candidates and then start turning on each other.

I despise Hillary, but she’s the only female Democrat who has the power to deflect this type of campaigning. Not sure she runs though. Anyway, by the time it gets to Trump, all the work will be done for him. He will have all the ammunition he needs. And because the Democrats are splitting up, Trump supporters are digging in, plenty of nationalists, sexists, and racists on Trumps side...right, wrong, or indifferent...he would, in theory, win re-election. And the left would only have themselves to blame.

I suppose if you want to extend the theory...it would be a great time for a centrist to run on an independent platform and screw the whole thing up. One who appeals to both left and right and doesn’t want to get caught in the mud and controversy that is the divided left and Trump.
edit on 7-2-2019 by Assassin82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Assassin82

I suppose if you want to extend the theory...it would be a great time for a centrist to run on an independent platform and screw the whole thing up. One who appeals to both left and right and doesn’t want to get caught in the mud and controversy that is the divided left and Trump.

This is where the Starbucks CEO might step in. He could easily "pull a Trump" and steal the 2020 DNC nomination from the establishment candidates that are all trying to out-do each other.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
I just can't wait to see the Left start eating their own in debates. You think it's bad now, just wait till they start trying to " out progressive " each other.

It will be like throwing gar fish into a pond full of piranhas 😎

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

originally posted by: Assassin82

This is where the Starbucks CEO might step in. He could easily "pull a Trump" and steal the 2020 DNC nomination from the establishment candidates that are all trying to out-do each other.

I wonder who the leftist media is going to stand behind when the campaigns start. If HuffPost is already throwing the Minnesota Senator to the wolves before she even declares her run for presidency, then it might indicate that they’ve already pre-selected who will be their golden girl. And perhaps Klobuchar was or is deemed a threat to that nominee. Enough to take the wind out of her sails before she even leaves the docks.
edit on 7-2-2019 by Assassin82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Her Presidential Run is a waste of money. She isn't even a star Senator in her own Party.

Name her one shining piece of Legislation.......

I don't see it going anywhere. Only Warren has less of a chance amongst national politicians.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   
She hasn't even announced yet, and Klobuchar is already getting klobbered. By her own party/staffers no less.

God the dems are just one big dumpster fire at this point. They've "progressed" to the point now where it's literally every man/woman for themselves. The buses can't drive by fast enough at the rate they are trying to throw each other under them.
edit on 7-2-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I'll say it agin - watching these idiots line up in the debates is going to be hilarious.
It was funny enough watching the cast of Republicans, including Jeb! , the fat man, the little chap who hangs out at saunas, that woman with the ridiculous face lift and of course the human trash can Kasich. But these Democrats are going to be somthing else entirely. Can't wait.#

Unbelievably we are only 6 months away from the first televised debates. Wow.
edit on 7/2/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join