It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A nuanced look at "blackface"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Cultural Appropriation makes me sad.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
Finally we are outing these bigots!

Listen Beardy McBeardface, only our distant cousins the Cro-Magnons are allowed to have beards as luxurious as yours so that means you're a culture-appropriating bigot yourself.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Finally we are outing these bigots!

Listen Beardy McBeardface, only our distant cousins the Cro-Magnons are allowed to have beards as luxurious as yours so that means you're a culture-appropriating bigot yourself.

You ignorant fool!

I identify as a transgendered cro magnon female!

SO my beard is totally justified.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT
Ol' Iron Eyes Cody. The Cherokee from Sicily.

edit on 11AMAMR-06:00-0600 by HAARPO because: the electric yellow got me by the brain banana.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: hombero
a reply to: Grambler

Let's just not do things that are considered racist and there isn't a problem.

It really isn't that difficult to figure out, and it really doesn't require paragraphs of opinion.

Why? In all honesty if i'm not going out of my way to be hateful or disdainful why?

Why should I not be able to talk about differences between people?

People from other places in the world do that # all the time.

Hell some of the best conversations i've had with people started with someone from another place saying something that would be considered racist here.

# people from other countries laugh about the way people in North America get bent out of shape about that #.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   

So take the meetoo movement. Some people treat an awkward hug on a date with actual sexual violence like rape. This unfairly tars the awkward person as a terrible person, and diminishes the crimes of the actual rapists or sexual assaulter.

The new focus on "blackface" is doing that as well.

I agree, just like the #metoo movement this is turning into a school of piranhas to take down the next person. In both cases it is a slash and burn mentality to remove the cancer.

With #metoo it went so far to destroy people's careers over things like "I didn't want sex with him so I just gave him a blow job and felt bad afterwards, and then he did the same thing again on our second date!!" or George Takei tried to touch my junk in 1980, or Bret laid on top of me in 1982 and I thought I was going to die." so on and so on.

We are going to see the slash and burn once again on anyone they can with the Black Face movement. How about tanning maybe we can stretch it out to heavy tans too...lol

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: HAARPO
Ol' Iron Eyes Cody. The Cherokee from Sicily.

Exactly.
But I hear he was also 1/1024th. Native American...So it's ALL Good.
edit on 7-2-2019 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: hombero
a reply to: Grambler

Let's just not do things that are considered racist and there isn't a problem.

It really isn't that difficult to figure out, and it really doesn't require paragraphs of opinion.

When do humans get smart? Not in the age of 18ish! Everything in life is difficult to figure out and takes time, if you don't know this you are very young or have not learned anything!

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: UncleTomahawk

Again i think the kids are hurt the most cause they are being ingrained with the belief that somehow black paint makes them inferior. It does not and i wish we would all take time to get them to realize that without all the people becoming outraged over such then the matter would hold no weight.

I find college kids drinking from human skulls more offensive but that does not stop anyone from the Presidency.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   
There is something odd about a bunch of white people defending putting on a "blackface"...

I won't even wear a sombero in my village. Perhaps a jaunty Champrau d’Amour though....

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
There is something odd about a bunch of white people defending putting on a "blackface"...

I won't even wear a sombero in my village. Perhaps a jaunty Champrau d’Amour though....

What is wrong with wearing a sombrero?

If a Hispanic person wears a top hat, is that bad as well?
edit on 7-2-2019 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   

What happens if a black guy dresses up as Al Jolson?
Asking for a friend.

Well that's enough to get you "blacklisted" you should be referring to them as coloured people, or "people other than white".

Oh wait...I forgot you were asking for a friend. You get blacklisted anyway - guilt by association.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Your village.

You must be rich to own a village. You would love the usa.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   

What is wrong with wearing a sombrero?

Is a Hispanic person wears a top hat, is that bad as well?

Yes, wearing an chapeau out of your ethnic designation is a capital offence. I hope they don't find out, I used the word "chapeau"...that could get me 6 mo. in the tank.
edit on 7-2-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: UncleTomahawk

Your village.

I'm so sorry, it was just a figure of speech. I actually don't own it, but have lived here for over 20 yrs. and still considered an outsider.

It's in New Mexico, and yes you do need a visa to visit and we plan to build a wall between us and Texas. However we are considering a special dispensation for clowns.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Fortunately, Mexicans have the good sense to never wear plaid.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I won't even wear a sombero in my village.

I would, especially if it were Taco Freaking Tuesday. But then again, I am that guy.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I won't even wear a sombero in my village.

I would, especially if it were Taco Freaking Tuesday. But then again, I am that guy.

preferirías pollo o carne,
tal vez pescado

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   

preferirías pollo o carne

I'm more of an al pastor or pibil kinda guy but that's because I went full cultural appropriation retard.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: UncleTomahawk

Your village.

I'm so sorry, it was just a figure of speech. I actually don't own it, but have lived here for over 20 yrs. and still considered an outsider.

It's in New Mexico, and yes you do need a visa to visit and we plan to build a wall between us and Texas. However we are considering a special dispensation for clowns.

Visa its everywhere you want to be. Yall should look into accepting cash and maybe bitcoin.

So yall try to claim some type of sovereignty? Do yall accept federal programs and such? Are you a citizen of the usa.

I have heard of a few people getting a passport from canada and then claiming sovereignty from the usa federal gov..No taxes drivers license and so on.

srry op i went off script...

so do you allow black face in the village?

Hows the chupa cabra hunting in your area? I heard it is fun to do on mopeds.....
carry on
edit on 7-2-2019 by UncleTomahawk because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join