It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ozzy Osbourne is in the Hospital for Complications from the Flu

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Ozzy is now 70 years old- I expect he hasn't taken very good care of his body, but I'm sure his brain is in better condition than mine. I wasn't a fan during his rise to stardom, however I do appreciate some of the music he's helped create. I was surprised to learn that he's still touring, but has had to cancel both in UK and the US for this and previous illnesses. Let's hope he has a full recovery so he can get back on the road! Perhaps some bat-heads would help?

SOURCE

Last week the official Facebook page for Osbourne, 70, announced that a doctor advised he postpone the U.K. and European dates of his “No More Tours 2" tour. "After seeing his physician again, OSBOURNE has been diagnosed with a severe upper-respiratory infection which the doctor feels could develop into pneumonia given the physicality of the live performances and an extensive travel schedule throughout Europe in harsh winter conditions," the post from Jan. 29 read. It included a statement from the Black Sabbath frontman who shared he was "completely devastated" over postponing. "It just seems that since October everything I touch has turned to (expletive)," he said. "First the staph infection in my thumb and now coming down with the flu and bronchitis." Due to the infection in his hand, Osbourne canceled U.S. tour dates in October.

edit on 272019 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   
A Prophet.............

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I hope he gets well, it’s gotta take more then the flu to take down Ozzy!
He has seemed pretty frail the last few years however.

He was the first concert I ever went to with my dad it was amazing absolutely blew me away as a kid.

a reply to: seattlerat

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   
The Oz man!!! I hope he outlives Tipper Gore.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Pfft. Ozzy couldn’t carry Lemmy’s jock (literally and figuratively) and Lemmy tapped out at 70. Sayanora, Ozzy.
And please take that hag of a wife with you.

RIP Lemmy
edit on 7-2-2019 by BeefNoMeat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Troubling news for a normal 70 year old but this is Ozzy Osbourne , he''l be fine after a bit of rest and a couple of intravenous Vodka drips (purely medicinal)

Wishing Ozz a speedy recovery.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   

You must not have seen his tv shows... and the newest with son Jack... pretty active enough... to drive n fire a tank, zip lining, astronaut training... and touring with both Black Sabbath and Ozzy Osbourne Band/w Zak Wilde...

He slowed just a bit this last 3 yrs... 2 weekly reality shows, 2 bands, treatment for sex addiction and a f'd up hand... and a final(?) Black Sabbath tour... While still Ozzy Band tours and tv show filming around the world w son Jack (a police officer now)...

Pretty good for 70...he never stopped.. *( his last single coincidently is "I don't wanna stop"!)
edit on 7-2-2019 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Many older people have bad immune systems, even if they get the flu shot, they still get the flu sometimes. I am hoping my immune system will get a little less powerful as I age, I have more problem with autoimmune issues in my family, dampening it with foods helps to keep me from overreacting to everything,

Ozzy probably eats a diet that gives him energy to do things, steering your energy away from your immune system can make a person more susceptible to getting something. I hope he gets through this illness. Sometimes steering your energy to help you enjoy life more is better than having your immune system bugging you and robbing all your energy so you cannot do what you want to do. I can temporarily block my immune system to get more energy for a while, it can be done with a few supplements and a Mountain Dew.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Eats bat heads, drinks like a fish, consumes drugs like a monster.... die of a bad cold.

hhaha sorry, it's in bad taste, but.. hilarious still..

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Why do I think it's not the flu that put him in the hospital? He can pay for private care with around the clock nurses/medical staff.

His drug use has affected his mind, obviously, but his body seems pretty resilient.

Suspect the flu is a red herring for some other medical need his people do not want to share.

Still, get better Ozzy.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: gallop
Eats bat heads, drinks like a fish, consumes drugs like a monster.... die of a bad cold.

hhaha sorry, it's in bad taste, but.. hilarious still..

bad taste, but funny as heck!
Kinda like the IRS getting Al Capone

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I hope his recovery goes well. Although he’s a crazy motherf, from early Black Sabbath to Crazy Train he made some good music. Given how he lived, im surprised he made it to 70.

War Pigs is a masterpiece.

youtu.be...

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   

He'll be okay, knowing him he'll bite the top off a morphine drip.

I read something about how a small percentage of his DNA is neanderthal, which could explain his longevity. Maybe they should do the same test on the walking talking zombie known as Keith Richards.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Something was nagging me about the first photo I embedded in the OP- the cop arresting Ozzy looked very familiar, then it hit me: IT'S THORNY!

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
The Oz man!!! I hope he outlives Tipper Gore.

So does Al....

new topics

top topics

join