It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solar minimum conditions are in effect

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 03:14 AM
link   
It says right on front page on spaceweather. No alarmingly, but the sun has been quite for a while. Not much sunspots.

Spaceweather

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: whiteblack

And? What exactly is the point?

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

It's cold.

The further north you go, the colder it gets.

We call this "winter"... it happens every year.

I live in far north Idaho, damn near Canada.

It's cold there, as well.

It gets like this every year, at about this time.

If the "solar minimum" folks could get with the "global warming" folks, we might just have an average year...
edit on 7-2-2019 by madmac5150 because: Take off, eh!

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

Ah thanks. I seriously didn't get that from the OP. Yes, very true, it's winter.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

Actually the 'Solar Minimum' refers to a point within an 11 year sun cycle, not a 12 month weather cycle. It is not related to winter.

Link to information

Solar minima are not generally correlated with changes in climate but recent studies have shown a correlation with regional weather patterns.

edit on 7-2-2019 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

It's all lies. There'll be a sunspot tax soon mark my words!

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   
#1 factor for earth's temp is the sun. Also the #1 factor for all the planets nearby. It's important to study it and understand what the sun is currently doing that could affect our temperatures.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150

originally posted by: Peeple

It's cold.

The further north you go, the colder it gets.

We call this "winter"... it happens every year.

I live in far north Idaho, damn near Canada.

It's cold there, as well.

It gets like this every year, at about this time.

If the "solar minimum" folks could get with the "global warming" folks, we might just have an average year...

I grew up in Wyoming. There were days when it would drop to -40. There were also days where it would be in the 70’s hours after a big snow storm.

Off topic, I always wanted to live in Idaho. It’s like Wyoming in the sense that it’s a forgotten state. Which to me is a good thing. But I hear people from California are moving there in droves. The new Colorado in a sense. That’s a bummer.
edit on 7-2-2019 by Assassin82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

A sunspot is an increase in solar activity, lack of them is a decrease, the Earth is heated by the sun....think of the sun as a fire, more sunspots more heat, less is less.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: manuelram16

think of the sun as a fire, more sunspots more heat, less is less.

The sun is not a fire.
Meanwhile, sunspot numbers have been declining for 50 years or so while the planet has been getting warmer.

Maybe sunspot numbers don't have a lot to do with it.

edit on 2/7/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   
The Sun is the star at the center of the Solar System. It is a nearly perfect sphere of hot plasma, with internal convective motion that generates a magnetic field via a dynamo process. It is by far the most important source of energy for life on Earth.
Sunspots are extra activity in the sun, Galileo (1564-1642) started keeping records on them.
Ever seen the rings of Saturn through a telescope?
edit on 7-2-2019 by manuelram16 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: manuelram16

Sunspots are extra activity in the sun
Sort of, they are areas of mixed up magnetic fields. They are also regions which are "cooler" than the surrounding areas. In any case, solar activity has been declining for 50 years or so while global temperatures have been rising.

Ever seen the rings of Saturn through a telescope?
Yes.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990
a reply to: and14263

It's all lies. There'll be a sunspot tax soon mark my words!

DON'T be giving them new taxation ideas. You do know that the people at the top probably look for ideas to increase taxes don't you. Now they will start solar minimum taxes and solar maximum taxes to fund their global warming agenda.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Honestly I wouldn't put it passed them.

I'll just live underground, I'm sure I'll be exempt but probably not. On a serious note though I think waste should be taxed but from the source, the problem with that is usually the cost is pushed down to the consumer one way or another.

Same as carbon tax... The taxes should go to companies that do things efficiently and clean. We should probably punish companies that prefer using foreign workshops for production too because energy consumption is our biggest problem, the developed world is spotless in comparison to developing nations. Their greed and our wants... We don't even produce most of the crap we so desperately want.

Anyways back to the topic...

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

The taxes should go to companies that do things efficiently and clean.

The general idea is that tax penalties against heavy emitters would be returned to consumers as tax credits. Since the government sees no change in revenue, the term is "tax neutral".

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I only realized a few years ago that the amateur astronomer that went to my city 50+ years ago and showed Saturn through his telescope to all the kids in my neighborhood park was John Dobson. (I've owned a Dob telescope for 25+ years) He was a gentle and nice person, inspired me to get into astronomy & science.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: manuelram16
a reply to: Peeple

A sunspot is an increase in solar activity, lack of them is a decrease, the Earth is heated by the sun....think of the sun as a fire, more sunspots more heat, less is less.

WRONG! Sunspots are spots of increased magnetic activity, not heat activity. Sunspots are actually about 1600 degrees (Kelvin) cooler than the sun's photosphere. That's why they look darker than the surrounding surface. The magnetism inhibits convective activity, reducing the emission of photons. Photons are what insolates, or heats, the earth. The sun is not a fire that heats by conduction. It is a fusion reaction that emits photons when the hydrogen undrgoes fusion. 4 hydrogen nucleii (protons) and 2 electrons fuse to creat a helium nucleus, 2 neutrinos and 6 photons. The huge majority of the photons are in the visible, infrared, and ultraviolet spectra. All photons contain energy, with the amount of energy depending on wavelength. UV has the shortest wavelength and the most energy. It qualifies as ionizing radiation, which can rip electrons out of their orbitals, causing cellular mutations.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Surprisingly I've never looked into it but I've never jumped to conclusions either regarding carbon taxes. Everything is a leftist/globalist conspiracy these days.

I should attempt to understand it all better since trade is global and emissions are global but I can only assume taxes are national even if guidelines have been established internationally. I see potentials for exploitation but maybe I just need to understand it better.
edit on 10-2-2019 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join