It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pernicious double standards

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Comparing the sources here I think is important too. One is ABC News, the other is a fashion magazine that I've never seen before, that appears to for some reason be dabbling into politics.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: trb71
Comparing the sources here I think is important too. One is ABC News, the other is a fashion magazine that I've never seen before, that appears to for some reason be dabbling into politics.

I agree with what you are saying in principal. On its face as an individual post, this kind of comparison would be ludacris. I believe it is safe to make this comparison though given that we have hundreds of examples of this sentiment. Even if it wasn't a fashion magazine there are numerous examples of similar early respected news agencies doing the same thing.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 01:16 AM
link   
The double standards are way out of hand imo, if a Democrat breaks the law or does something shady it's forgotten about very quickly, when a Republican does something shady there are investigations and constant screeching from the MSM... I have to admit even I'm guilty of this, I'll read a headline about corruption in the Democrat party and I'll kind of underplay it and not treat it as seriously as I should. I could write a whole thread about the psychology behind this but I cannot be bothered right now.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: LedermanStudio

is nothing short of amazing; their ability to spin hate crimes out of thin air

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

And the fact you used to be a democrat just makes it all even better.

Love your post's .. no need for me to post, you articulate it much better than I ever could.

The double standard is nauseating..

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   
here's more of what I was talking about. It's not a random instance.
These were all from that same 'bloggourlist'

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: odzeandennz
a reply to: Lumenari

Sure dems were the proponents of the kkk according to disinformation by conservatives to deflect the the ugliness among them.

kkk

Erm...

Reading comprehension issue?

Did you know that the Democratic Party defended slavery, started the Civil War, founded the KKK, and fought against every major civil rights act in U.S. history?

THOSE Democrats?

We can go back to the actual historical record from the Joint Select Committee in 1872... here you go.

Report of the Joint Select Committee

So nice try but no dice.

If you would like to read up on it, try Google.

There you will find, quite heavily documented, some facts.

The first grand wizard of the KKK was honored at the 1868 Democratic National Convention, no Democrats voted for the 14th Amendment to grant citizenship to former slaves and, to this day, the party website ignores those decades of racism.

An estimated 3,446 blacks and 1,297 whites died at the end of KKK ropes from 1882 to 1964.

The Klan terrorized black Americans through murders and public floggings; relief was granted only if individuals promised not to vote for Republican tickets, and violation of this oath was punishable by death, Since the Klan targeted Republicans in general, it did not limit its violence simply to black Republicans; white Republicans were also included.

The current version of the "History" page on the DNC's party website lists a number of accomplishments from 1792, 1798, 1800, 1808, 1812, 1816, 1824 and 1828, including its 1832 nomination of Andrew Jackson for president. It follows up with a name change, and the establishment of the Democratic National Committee, but then leaps over the Civil War and all of its issues to talk about the end of the 19th Century, William Jennings Bryan and women's suffrage.

Let's not EVEN get into the real topic here, women's suffrage.

Republicans began working on getting women to vote in 1854. It was an uphill battle against the Democrats, who would have nothing to do with it.

Democrat's War on Women finally ended in 1920 with the ratification of the 19th Amendment. With 18% of Republicans against, 41% of Democrats against.

On Nov. 2, 1920, more than 8 million women voted in a presidential election for the first time. Republican Warren G. Harding won a massive victory over Democrat James M. Cox. Harding won 37 of 48 states. Harding's 26.2 percentage-point victory is one of the largest margin wins in presidential elections. Women expressed their support by overwhelmingly supporting Harding.

So it is truly ironic that Democrats are now wearing white to support women's suffrage.

Almost as ironic as your post.

Now we will start working on the Democrat's War on Babies.

And then, as if it couldn't get any worse... they pulled a switcheroo and saddled the Republicans with all of their sins... all the racism, bigotry, sexism, terrorism... It's sick enough that they won't acknowledge or apologize for Their crimes, but to take the additional step of not only saying "It wasn't me..." (or simply refusing to speak up and admit it was), but to extend you arm and point your finger and to utter that "it's those guys over there, they are the ones filled with hatred..."

That's insidious to the core. I don't care anymore at this point to try to discern whether or not they "know not what they do."

At EVERY step of the way, EVERY turn, they attempt to paint our common sense decisions as hatred, fear, racism...

It's become clear that many of these individuals are beyond saving.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: LedermanStudio

As silly as the nazi comparisons are, you’ve missed the point.

It’s not the white that’s the issue, it’s the style, your quote even says it..

Nice try but, ATS loves a bit of hyped up false outrage.

Perhaps in this instance you were able to get your comrades off on a minor technicality...

But have you seen what's on page 2?

Also, I'm sorry that you are so extremely sensitive that simply discussing something qualifies as "outrage". I want to offer my condolences for whatever happened in your life to make you feel this way. I had it pretty rough myself. Those traumatic events sure do have their ways of manifesting themselves once they've imprinted onto the very "DNA" of your personality, don't they?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join