It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pernicious double standards

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 04:35 PM
link   
After watching the SOTU, I had two thoughts (among many)

1. I haven't seen that many Democrats wearing white since 1865
2. I thought wearing white was an example of being a Nazi

Perhaps... not enough 'journalists' have been fired yet?

Melania wore white like a famous Nazi

On Saturday, Trump visited Egypt as the last stop on a week-long African tour. When photos of her posing in front of the pyramids and Great Sphinx of Giza were released, almost immediately, people began mocking her for what she wore: a crisp shirt with a pointed collar, a tie, a khaki blazer, and an off-white fedora with a black band. Although there's nothing intrinsically wrong with any of those items, Twitter users couldn't help but notice the getup looked a whole lot like the outfit Nazi-sympathizing character René Belloq wore — yes, in Egypt — in Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Democrats wear white like famous women of sufferage

"Standing hand in hand with @HouseDemWomen wearing #Suffragette white to #SOTU as we fight #ForThePeople," she tweeted. "At State of the Union tonight, @realDonaldTrump will look out at the House Chamber and see a sea of #Suffragette white sending the message loud&clear that @HouseDemWomen are fighting for the economic security of women & families," she added in a separate tweet.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: LedermanStudio

I see where they are trying to go with this but...

I think that's a bit of a stretch.... comparing apples and oranges, as it were.

Let's just go with the simpler explanation... the Democrat ladies in white have their hoods in their purses.

After all, the Women's branch of the KKK were comprised of Democratic supporters.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Democrats wear white like famous women of sufferage

Wow! They showed him!

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Let's just go with the simpler explanation... the Democrat ladies in white have their hoods in their purses.

After all, the Women's branch of the KKK were comprised of Democratic supporters.

many years ago, the Democrats were awful people. Like I said many years ago. Since the the time of Nixon, the Republicans have turned into criminals. Look up how many Republicans politicians have been indicted in the last 60 years compared to Democrats. The ratio is 10 to 1!

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Sorry, I can see you put some time and effort into the OP, but it's a bit of a stretch of credulity.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: iplay1up2

many years ago, the Democrats were awful people. Like I said many years ago. Since the the time of Nixon, the Republicans have turned into criminals. Look up how many Republicans politicians have been indicted in the last 60 years compared to Democrats. The ratio is 10 to 1!

That's not true.

I think the point is, just as Twitter users couldn't help to compare Melania's outfit to the one from (ahem) Indiana Jones, Twitter users also couldn't help to compare the dems wearing white, not to the suffragettes, but to the KKK.
edit on 6-2-2019 by Aphorism because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Sorry, I can see you put some time and effort into the OP, but it's a bit of a stretch of credulity.

In and of itself I can see what you mean about credibility. I don't like to assume, but I think it's safe to do so here...

Given how the media has taken nearly every crack and crevice and filled it with Nazism, I don't think this is much of a stretch.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   

As silly as the nazi comparisons are, you’ve missed the point.

It’s not the white that’s the issue, it’s the style, your quote even says it..

Nice try but, ATS loves a bit of hyped up false outrage.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Give it a rest..... I don't even know what to say...... yes childish zero worth pernicious pedantic whining.... but nobody is listening.
edit on 6-2-2019 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Sure dems were the proponents of the kkk according to disinformation by conservatives to deflect the the ugliness among them.

kkk

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Is it really a stretch when the media used two similar outfits and come to two absolutely contrary conclusions, and promote that?

I don't think you understand what a stretch is.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Long ago?

LMAO!!!

SoOo... like Bill Clinton (racist) was 100 years ago?

Democratic politics have nothing to do with skin color and gender?

Senator Byrd (KKK Grand Dragon, good friend of Hillary) is ancient history now?

You need to come to terms with the absolute fact that the Democratic party is racist.

Period.

Hell, they even went so far as to built Plantation 2.0 for blacks now.

Champions of Planned Parenthood as well, whose starting purpose was for the elimination of blacks.

Contemporary American political history is fun... you should try it!!!

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

Sure dems were the proponents of the kkk according to disinformation by conservatives to deflect the the ugliness among them.

kkk

...just making sure, did you read your own link?

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

As silly as the nazi comparisons are, you’ve missed the point.

It’s not the white that’s the issue, it’s the style, your quote even says it..

Nice try but, ATS loves a bit of hyped up false outrage.

The comparison IS stupid.

But the party with Nazi touretts has a great investment in redefining g what qualifies as Nazi like.

My post is a microcosm of the bigger stupidity.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: LedermanStudio

kkk

...just making sure, did you read your own link?

Founded in 1866, the Ku Klux Klan (KKK) extended into almost every southern state by 1870 and became a vehicle for white southern resistance to the Republican Party’s Reconstruction-era policies aimed at establishing political and economic equality for blacks. Its members waged an underground campaign of intimidation and violence directed at white and black Republican leaders. Though Congress passed legislation designed to curb Klan terrorism, the organization saw its primary goal–the reestablishment of white supremacy–fulfilled through Democratic victories in state legislatures across the South in the 1870s.

This whole first passage passed them by. funny that.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   

. Look up how many Republicans politicians have been indicted in the last 60 years compared to Democrats. The ratio is 10 to 1!

Hey, I've got an idea, since you are the one making the claim, why don't you source it correctly?

I know, I know, It's horrible of me to ask you to prove your assertion.

I think you should do this, it will enlighten you.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   

kkk

Erm...

Reading comprehension issue?

Did you know that the Democratic Party defended slavery, started the Civil War, founded the KKK, and fought against every major civil rights act in U.S. history?

THOSE Democrats?

We can go back to the actual historical record from the Joint Select Committee in 1872... here you go.

Report of the Joint Select Committee

So nice try but no dice.

If you would like to read up on it, try Google.

There you will find, quite heavily documented, some facts.

The first grand wizard of the KKK was honored at the 1868 Democratic National Convention, no Democrats voted for the 14th Amendment to grant citizenship to former slaves and, to this day, the party website ignores those decades of racism.

An estimated 3,446 blacks and 1,297 whites died at the end of KKK ropes from 1882 to 1964.

The Klan terrorized black Americans through murders and public floggings; relief was granted only if individuals promised not to vote for Republican tickets, and violation of this oath was punishable by death, Since the Klan targeted Republicans in general, it did not limit its violence simply to black Republicans; white Republicans were also included.

The current version of the "History" page on the DNC's party website lists a number of accomplishments from 1792, 1798, 1800, 1808, 1812, 1816, 1824 and 1828, including its 1832 nomination of Andrew Jackson for president. It follows up with a name change, and the establishment of the Democratic National Committee, but then leaps over the Civil War and all of its issues to talk about the end of the 19th Century, William Jennings Bryan and women's suffrage.

Let's not EVEN get into the real topic here, women's suffrage.

Republicans began working on getting women to vote in 1854. It was an uphill battle against the Democrats, who would have nothing to do with it.

Democrat's War on Women finally ended in 1920 with the ratification of the 19th Amendment. With 18% of Republicans against, 41% of Democrats against.

On Nov. 2, 1920, more than 8 million women voted in a presidential election for the first time. Republican Warren G. Harding won a massive victory over Democrat James M. Cox. Harding won 37 of 48 states. Harding's 26.2 percentage-point victory is one of the largest margin wins in presidential elections. Women expressed their support by overwhelmingly supporting Harding.

So it is truly ironic that Democrats are now wearing white to support women's suffrage.

Almost as ironic as your post.

Now we will start working on the Democrat's War on Babies.

edit on 6-2-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I consider myself pro choice with regards to medical issues, and even to a certain extent to social and mental issues, as long as the issues are strong and the timing is right r.e. maximum of 3 or possibly 4 months with extenuating circumstances such as the mother not knowing she were pregnant for example.

From there to what they are doing in NY and trying to do elsewhere, I just can not understand it. It is murder, by any definition, and state sponsored murder at that.

I have to say I agree.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I know the context love what you are sharing. However it is good to see that in the last few years the Democrats have been working hard tool bridge that Gap and create equality :-)

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

I consider myself pro choice with regards to medical issues, and even to a certain extent to social and mental issues, as long as the issues are strong and the timing is right r.e. maximum of 3 or possibly 4 months with extenuating circumstances such as the mother not knowing she were pregnant for example.

From there to what they are doing in NY and trying to do elsewhere, I just can not understand it. It is murder, by any definition, and state sponsored murder at that.

I have to say I agree.

I am pro choice.

I am not pro infanticide.

The minute a child is born in America it is considered a citizen of America and should be afforded all the rights that come with that.

Including Federal protections against being murdered.

Late-term abortions also disturb me.

I was a preemie.

edit on 6-2-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join