It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two true Ghost stories

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Hello, Today i wish to share two rather spectacular ghost stories that i have experienced,

I wish one pays attention to details, because you know,,

Case one,
I was maybe eight years old, and close to me now actually, is a very old house, my friend lived in that house, and always told us stories of the ghosts that live in the house.

So guess what happens, we, of course go on a ghost hunt, some creeeecks were heard, some knocks went about, but eventually we grew weary of this game, so we decided it was time to play hide and seek.

At some point, me and my friend were walking down a staircase, and suddenly a boy appeared in front of us, he ran down the stairs, and in to a room, (door open) the spirit had a red-white wool clothes, but the strangest thing was, that his arms vanished below the elbow and his feet were not there below the knee, but yet he ran, as if they were there.. We searched the room, but it was under renovation so it was empty, just some tools on the floor.

I remember the experience like it was yesterday, maybe because of the two witnesses, so one can not just say to the mind, that you have just imagined it all.

Case two.

Maybe when i was about 18, i just had moved in to my first place, a disgusting concrete block, it was the third floor, anyways, i was just sitting in the living room, watching tv, when my gaze wondered about the room, eventually i found myself checking out some of my wickedly good painted fantasy and sci-fi miniatures, of yesteryear, really nice OOP models, ah back to the story.

Suddenly i noticed a reflection in the antique piece of furniture, (that housed the said awesome models) There was someone else in the room with me, when i thought i was just chilling alone.

(As seen from the reflection, in the glass door in the cabinet) There was an old woman sitting in the chair, in the living room, and it looked like it was watching my tv!

It had no color, and was partially invisible, dressed in reeeaaally oldschool clothes, all black with tight fitted dress and hair all pulled up in a bun.

It was so frigging disturbing in so many levels, so i looked away, after a few seconds i looked back,

Still, Frigging ,There.

So what does one do?
I got my clothes, started to put on some shoes because i aintfraidnoghosts, but soon after grabbed all my gear and put them on in the hallway.
Moments later i am calling my girlfriend that i am too afraid to go home alone.

Why was it seen only through a reflection in the glass?
Why was it blacknWhite?
Maybe because it was the spirit of an elderly person, the nervous homunculi was intact, but still very faided because of time..

Was the boy from the first story missing limbs, because the nervous system was not fully developed so missing parts, even if it looked he was from the 70s, (more recent than case2) or so, based on the haircut and all.

But there you have it, my two reasons why i never sleep well, or feel all that great, when i am by myself.

To me, these events prove that somethings remain. But how and why?

Hope you understood this, for some reason, everytime i try to depict a supernatural event, my mind becomes blurry and i do not function properly.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: solve

And why the boy was seen in the stairs, do they mean something?

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   

thank you for sharing solve.

I believe you are sincere in your accounts of the 'there and then' bleeding into the 'here and now'.'

regarding the boy/hide and seek game, perhaps energy sensed other energies and wanted to belong/join in?

is it just by eye or are any other senses murmuring?

best wishes f

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I have friends that once lived in a house inhabited by a poltergeist. (Maybe more than one!)
Over a 5-6 year period, at least 10 people witnessed the craziness. I also once worked construction on a military base
that was flat-out haunted. (The old barracks and base housing) Again... numerous witnesses.

But I have never seen an apparition of a person. That would be incredible. I have 2 friends who claim to have seen ghosts. Both of these friends are rational and not prone to making up stories.

Your story about the partially materialized boy is a trip!

My neighbor's niece said when she was young, they had an elderly woman neighbor who lived in a cool old brick mansion. The niece said there was a ghost that lived in a closet on the third floor! A bluish light would often emanate from the closet. The ghost also liked to tap on the walls, often tapping out rhythmical patterns or 'songs'.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   

I live in a haunted house and my experiences, like yours, are often creepy. However, I've never felt threatened and, other than the occasional jump scare, don't really mind the company. I have no idea what they are but I find them fascinating.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I love ghost stories, especially true accounts. Sometimes it could be an imprint on the environment, a spirit who doesn't realize they have passed, one who died violently, one with unfinished business etc. There are various explanations and theories for why these ghosts appear and always fascinating.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Yeah, the strange happens and is getting less "crazy" to talk about... in some circles, anyway. More personal anecdotes need to come out so our common knowledge pool will grow. We have a lot to learn, and possibly a whole lot of physics to revise.

I lived in a couple active houses but aside from lots of noises and moving stuff, only saw two thingies full on ... a dog-cat thing with no face that looked totally solid and a humanoid shapped multi colored light mass that sank into the floor.

Luckily, both were also seen by other people, so I can pretend sanity.

So I guess I'm saying I believe you and maybe more idiots will spill about their weirdness... though I know many go through seriously frightening high strangeness that they never, ever want to talk about for fear of "it" noticing and coming back.

I'm of the opinion there are many levels of reality and the wildlife is weirder than we can guess at. Luckily, it's sorta rare and usually tied to geography... usually.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I once woke up and got out of bed, and there was this spirit kid sitting Indian style next to my bedroom door, bathed in a bluish tone. I looked at him for awhile, and he stared back. Then I got up and left for work. The next day, I was describing it to my girlfriend at the time. She asked, was it a darker complected kid, maybe 4-5 years old with short black hair? She was right, and I asked her how she knew that. "I just had a feeling."

Also, a couple weeks ago, my fiance called me at work. She was frantic. She said there's someone in the hallway but I can't keep an eye on him. I asked if it was a tall thin man, and if the cat sees him. "yes, the cat is freaking out and low to the ground." I told her not to panic, I've seen him around, but she wasn't too comforted.

I have a lot of shared paranormal experiences. They always have interested me.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   

It could be that you were seeing a residual image of a boy who used to live there. Maybe some of the residue had faded over time? These are impressions that are left in the energy field of an area by someone, or some thing that used to be there.
It could be that a boy was astral traveling and not all of him appeared.
If he was a real "ghost", maybe he just didn't have enough energy to manifest fully.

I really don't know, but that's a few things things to consider.

As for the lady. I think it's the same thing seeing her in the reflection as some people report seeing spirits in the mirror. I'm not sure how the science behind it works, but many people see ghosts/spirits in a mirror that they can't see looking full on at the person.

I've had ghostly encounters almost on a daily basis from age 6 until my mid teens, and still have them occasionally. I'm getting quite old now. They don't scare me any more; I'm quite used to them. Most have been benevolent, but there was one black thing that used to like to scare the crap out of me when I was young. It was in my parents house. I was never so happy to finally grow up and move out of there!

I have a thread with all my experiences in it, but I won't hi-jack your thread to post it.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: sled735

I very much enjoyed reading the thoughts and experiences others shared, so please, link up your thread also if you like, its a good thing to share these things.

My logical side has often come to this- Mirrors and windows are made from glass, and glass has lots of weird properties, it easily reflects, but has poor thermal and electric properties, so maybe it really can capture something.
And stairs maybe can also store kinetic energy.

I bet there are people, who know the science behind this, but i think such information is being held in the X-files or something like that, it would cause a disturbance in the general populus.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: solve

I very much enjoyed reading the thoughts and experiences others shared, so please, link up your thread also if you like, its a good thing to share these things.

My logical side has often come to this- Mirrors and windows are made from glass, and glass has lots of weird properties, it easily reflects, but has poor thermal and electric properties, so maybe it really can capture something.

I bet there are people, who know the science behind this, but i think such information is being held in the X-files or something like that, it would cause a disturbance in the general populus.

I find it interesting that you referenced stairs. I had dreams for months about my grandfather climbing stairs, or struggling to climb stairs before his death.

Windows have never been a major factor in my own paranormal experiences, but I often keep mirrors around. A mirror table, a mirror cup holder, a mirror set of chess pieces, etc. Maybe there's something there. Interesting.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 11:36 PM
link   
The cases where the images are missing lower extremities and seem to walk through rooms and walls oblivious to "being a ghost", are very interesting. They are most likely residual haunts, replayed back into the environment. When they actually did these things in life, they were on the same level ground, but a shift has occurred, and it is observed as a displacement to where the ground was at that time. (one explaination, anyway, and there certainly are many).

I remember a case in England, where the city is built upon the old city, and occasionally an army of men on horses would dash through one end of the subterranean rooms and through the wall of the other. The horses were missing lower parts of their legs, and the carriages some were pulling had only half wheels.... really creepy!
edit on 7-2-2019 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

very close to York Minster tour guide tales.

2nd
f

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine
I once woke up and got out of bed, and there was this spirit kid sitting Indian style next to my bedroom door, bathed in a bluish tone. I looked at him for awhile, and he stared back. Then I got up and left for work. The next day, I was describing it to my girlfriend at the time. She asked, was it a darker complected kid, maybe 4-5 years old with short black hair? She was right, and I asked her how she knew that. "I just had a feeling."

Also, a couple weeks ago, my fiance called me at work. She was frantic. She said there's someone in the hallway but I can't keep an eye on him. I asked if it was a tall thin man, and if the cat sees him. "yes, the cat is freaking out and low to the ground." I told her not to panic, I've seen him around, but she wasn't too comforted.

I have a lot of shared paranormal experiences. They always have interested me.

Curious, did you try to interact with the boy? If you were both staring at each other, it would seem you'd ask him who he was, rather than just shrugging and going to work

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: vlawde

No, I didn't try to interact. I don't know how to describe it, but it wasn't the first time it happened. Only time with him though. I was just talking about shared experiences.

Although, I will say, they often seem put off when I notice them. Almost as if I've appeared to them. I tried walking through one once, and I had the wind knocked out of me. That was strange.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson

I live in a haunted house and my experiences, like yours, are often creepy. However, I've never felt threatened and, other than the occasional jump scare, don't really mind the company. I have no idea what they are but I find them fascinating.

I have lived in a few old properties across the decades and have come across things that still makes me wonder what the hell , if it was not for my pets reacting to what ever it is i would have thought i was going bonkers plus one of the properties no one in over 30 years had stayed in it for over a month without fleeing till i turned up , i think i scared it away

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: solve

Okay, the thread started in 2012 and is still going. Enjoy reading all 380 pages. There are sooooooo many fascinating stories shared here, it's quite impressive.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join