It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Badass Jogger

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Just heard on radio that a jogger in colorado was attacked by a mountain lion. They say he killed it by choking it to death. Sounds like a heck of a fight if it was grown.

edit on 6-2-2019 by UncleTomahawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: UncleTomahawk

I think i heard 36kg male? Still big enough to put up a proper fight!
edit on 6-2-2019 by solve because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-2-2019 by solve because: Typo madness

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: solve

I think i heard 36kg male? Still big enough to put up a proper fight!

So that is about 80 pounds give or take. Definitely not something to take lightly.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   
or 1269 ounces...

seems to me when wrestling a wildcat every ounce counts

it has been a while since i have heard of this type of manliness

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Hope the guy has a speedy recovery, but that is definitely some manly sh*t...

I have a big skin graft scar from a cancer scare when I was a kid. It literally takes up like half my torso. I sometimes tell people if they ask about it that I got into a fight with a grizzly bear... they often think I am dead serious and telling the truth. LOL.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Where exactly was Chuck Norris jogging.

Cause.....Wow

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Amazing story! That man was very lucky to have survived. I love wildcats...at a distance of course.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Did this mountain lion encounter David Goggins, out getting some light exercise, or has he got some competition for "Most brutal runner in existence"?

Either way, for once this is a story of a person taking out an animal in a justified manner. There are only three really good reasons to kill an animal. One is to feed oneself, one is to put it out of its misery if it is injured, and the other is to defend oneself. And not only did this runner meet condition three, they did it BARE HANDED!

I bet they have never been successfully mugged while running. If a mountain lion cannot succeed in jacking this individual, there is no way some scallywag would be able to manage it!

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Turns out big brave Travis Kauffman Colorado snowf.... ,sorry, jogger, was attacked by a kitten

A JOGGER who claimed he choked a mountain lion with his bare hands in a life or death battle actually killed an orphaned cub, officials have revealed.

Home of the brave

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: maxey
Turns out big brave Travis Kauffman Colorado snowf.... ,sorry, jogger, was attacked by a kitten

A JOGGER who claimed he choked a mountain lion with his bare hands in a life or death battle actually killed an orphaned cub, officials have revealed.

Home of the brave

I saw that.

I’ve had housecats that weighed more than that cat.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Home of the brave

So now the city slickers have decided it's no big deal. It was ONLY a 40 pound cougar, poor orphaned kitten.

Yeah, right. Have you ever seen a bobcat or a lynx? About the same size. Want to fight one? Their paws are bigger than your hands with some mighty sharp claws on the end, and if one were intent for your jugular, you would have a massive fight on your hands. This was no mean feat and none of you belittling it would likely have survived. This was not a widdle tiny kitten. It was a forty pound buzz saw intent on killing the jogger.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

Home of the brave

So now the city slickers have decided it's no big deal. It was ONLY a 40 pound cougar, poor orphaned kitten.

Yeah, right. Have you ever seen a bobcat or a lynx? About the same size. Want to fight one? Their paws are bigger than your hands with some mighty sharp claws on the end, and if one were intent for your jugular, you would have a massive fight on your hands. This was no mean feat and none of you belittling it would likely have survived. This was not a widdle tiny kitten. It was a forty pound buzz saw intent on killing the jogger.

I read 24 lbs.

A 40 pound cat is something entirely different.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

originally posted by: schuyler

Home of the brave

I read 24 lbs.

A 40 pound cat is something entirely different.

There are various poundages going around depending on where you read. It is exacerbated by the fact that half the articles are in metric and have treated back and forth. But when you actually read the original account, 24 pounds does not make sense. The cat had the joggers hand and arm in his mouth and he was unable to jar it loose. They went down an embankment and he tried to hit the cat with sticks and a large stone, but could not get enough leverage. Finally he got his foot on the cat's windpipe and managed to suffocate it. I have 2 17 pound cats myself, and 24 from 17 does not sound enough bigger to cause a problem. But 40? I think so. It would be formidable.

top topics

join