It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liam Neeson and The Crazy Liberal Media.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   
He is critical of Americans and the number of guns but he has gotten rich as an actor making films with guns violence.

Par for the course.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   
The thing is he went for the group that was described to him by the victim which happened to be black skinned. If the victim described the rapist as an Irish ginger then he would have gone looking for red heads with an Irish accent.

Its not because he hates blacks in the slightest IMO.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   
This isn't the "liberal media" this is the new clickbait, feeding frenzy media.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I am really tired of people digging into peoples past for both sides; left and right, liberal and conservative, how much stupid stuff was done by many people before social media was born. If you do it in 2019 that's one thing, but going back 30 years on people for non-violent stuff is stupid. People mature, if their record is good for the past few years leave them all alone.

We have a culture of outrage in 2019 that judges things people did a long time ago at the same level, when that culture didn't even exist back then.

Next they are going to ban "All In The Family" clips on YouTube because someone is offended.

I really do think some people voting for Trump was their way of pushing this back, because they hate it so much.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33

Next they are going to ban "All In The Family" clips on YouTube because someone is offended.

Have they not done that yet? Serious question. I'm going to have to go look now.

I really do think some people voting for Trump was their way of pushing this back, because they hate it so much.

Absolutely! I know it was my own reason for voting for him.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Yup you read my title correctly am about to rip the liberal media a new one and defend a “racist”.

I don’t want to make this a long thread, but I had a quick look and couldn’t see anyone had written a thread on this subject yet and I figured it was a good one for the mud-pit.

So hears the deal, Liam Neeson was asked about revenge in an interview and he recalled an incident that happened 40 years ago. Basically, he says a woman he was close to was raped by a black man and he went out hopping that a “Black Bastard”, to use his words, would set upon him so he could kill them with a cosh he was carrying. He goes on to then explain how he done this for about a week and after it he felt awful, guilty about it and he sounds almost scared of how he felt. It’s not a story about him being a racist, it’s just an acknowledgement of the effect this event had on him. He finishes saying that he thinks it was something about a primal need for revenge.

The left-wing media has exploded, claiming that he is some kind of racist monster over using the words “Black Bastard” that he mimicked air quotations by the way. He was not being racist in my view he was talking about how his thrust for revenge had him act out uncharacteristically. The red-carpet event for the launch of his new movie has been cancelled over this and there has been a media frenzy.

This is what’s wrong with the left-wing media, this is why I can understand some right leaning individuals when they talk about political correctness gone mad. They just seem pathetically desperate to find a new racist to hate on, he was talking about something that happened in Northern Ireland 40 years ago! This has to stop, they have to stop using the “R” word inappropriately because all they are doing is demining the meaning of the word. By all means call out a racist but only call them out when they are, you know, actually racist.

For those who are interested this is the full recording of the interview.

His defence of his words is really interesting also for anyone interested.

OSOTC you surprise me... And by the looks of it you have surprised a few of us.

For a poster who regularly gets on my nerves with their views on brexit (and most other things) and somebody I assumed was a major liberal, I am actually quite impressed that you have seen this for what it is. PC gone mad.

S&F for you
edit on 7/2/2019 by JPtruther because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 11:14 PM
link   
white men used to kidnap, murder, rape and torture black men for fun. or because they were "uppity" , or looked them in the eye like a man, or whatever reason they could think of. sounds similar to george zimmerman. there was a time white men could go out and kill a black man for whatever reason and get away with it. oh wait they still can
edit on 02pm112America/Chicago2814k by magnetik because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 11:58 PM
link   
The rapist was black. What word got everyone riled up? Black? Bastard? What? The rapist was black. Neeson just told the truth. If the guy was skinny and he said "skinny bastard" would anyone have cared? How about short? Nope. Nothing. But if the guy is black - don't you dare say it. Screw that.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

my own questions on this

At what point does a person no longer become a racist ?

When they themselves openly admit their views and opinions on race are wrong and ignorant of biological facts
or when society deems them no longer racist ?

To me personally if you openly admit you are wrong or were wrong in the past and you no longer hold those views about race
then you are no longer a racist, Racism exist purely because of ignorance
Ignorance of biological facts
We as a species cannot be divided into racial/ethnic groups by our genotypes , only subjectively categorised by our phenotypical expressions and socio-cultural factors!

We are HOMO SAPIENS , indivisible by ourselves
we are one species we are not divided by racial genetic types as there is not one single gene that codes for race or ethnicity!

Liam Neeson openly admitted his faults and his own ignorance.
therefore not a racist

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

WHy because height isnt a protected characteristic just like weight !

But oddly enough genes do code for height and weight , including some environmental factors!

but no genes code for race
because its a fallacy

edit on 8-2-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 06:15 AM
link   
This was 40 years ago!

Having said that, he certainly succeeded in getting publicity for his new film.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

CHOOOO CHOOOOO all aboard the public outrage clickbait equality racial division HYPE TRAIN

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: magnetik
white men used to kidnap, murder, rape and torture black men for fun. or because they were "uppity" , or looked them in the eye like a man, or whatever reason they could think of. sounds similar to george zimmerman. there was a time white men could go out and kill a black man for whatever reason and get away with it. oh wait they still can

Well some may say that those who do not learn from history could be doomed to repeat it.

I truly wonder if the offender was white would he still have gone out to kill people that fit the description? Doubtful.

How about if the rapist was a black woman? Would he have gone out looking for black women to kill? Doubtful.

So when we put it into context we see that it is more than just the rape, but the race and gender of the rapist that probably is what really bothered him.

edit on 8-2-2019 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

I truly wonder if the offender was white would he still have gone out to kill people that fit the description? Doubtful.

Not really, he said he would have felt the same if they were Lithuanian, Polish etc.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 06:30 AM
link   
lets be honest here ,if liam had said !

"I want to go out and kill a black bastard because they are subhuman "

then that is most definitely racist

black bastard is simply a descriptive
just like white bastard , but if it was a white guy he'd have said bastard because he is white

describing someone's skin colour isnt necessarily racist as you arent implying they are less than you for being black or white or brown , its a simple description to add identity.

In order to combat racism , we need to educate people on the the genetics of our species!
we also need to educate people on what is racism and what is not
what is a racial stereotype and what is not
what is a racially charged statement and what is not

Race is a fallacy supported by nearly every form of power , in order to categorise and divide us all from being in union.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Yes - calling at Dagenham - three stops on from Barking.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Not really, he said he would have felt the same if they were Lithuanian, Polish etc.

Aye given the fact he was in an environment of white on white sectarian violence , killing others was the norm during the troubles , so being surrounded by that type of violence he likely have felt the same
Even more so if he bought into the sectarian violence, being a catholic finding out a protestant had raped your female friend, you'd probably ask the IRA to blow their house up !

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: magnetik

Substitute "White men" for racists

and this paragraph is fine

Not all white men are racists, not all black men are racists !
Your statement is a generalisation and is a falsehood

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015
The Republicans own all the media outlets? Holy Mary Mother of God what damn planet are you living on?

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

That video is probably one of the most important ones on this topic. Not only does it show a man calling out the media for spin (as well as coming up against a weak claim that said spin is not present when it clearly is, and battering that argument aside with aplomb), but supporting the honesty and the candidness with which Liam Neeson spoke about his experiences, his history, and a traumatic period in his life.

To hear media figures speak of it, you would think that Neeson was some sort of KKK supporting, Proud Boys donor, best mates with Richard Spencer and rubs one out to an audio book of Hitlers addresses to the German people on the nightly, but if the actual statements made are posted in full, there is no way to get that impression, because Liam Neesons actual understanding of himself and the issues surrounding how he wound up feeling the way he felt at the time, as well as the way he felt when he had calmed down, the disgust, the horror at what he had been prepared to do, are actually valuable lessons that MANY people out of the media spotlight could stand to learn, and a fair few in the spotlight could do with taking on board.

Liam Neeson is not as fortunate as many of us, in terms of the way he grew up and the time and place in which that happened. He has been very fortunate in his career, suffered loss as we all have, but his career and his success have been a boon to him as they would be to anyone who came across them. But he is nonetheless a product of the place and time in which he grew up. But unlike an awful lot of people who came up at the same time as he did, he understands inherently, that the lessons he was taught about life by coming up where and when he did, were largely in error, that his automatic responses to the stimulus he was exposed to, were incorrect, that they were the product of bad programming which even for the time he grew up in, were outmoded and inaccurate in the extreme, and based on stereotypes and bias in media and related perception, not in reality. He mentioned these things because he knew that his responses at the time were wrong, felt guilt about them, and has made a point of not permitting that bad programming to effect his conduct forthwith.

This is not a story of a Stephen Yaxley-Lennon supporting gutter dweller, spending the last twenty years assaulting people of differing nationality to him, just because he wants to support "OWR BOYZ" or some such rubbish. This is an example of a person who, despite all the worst programming an upbringing could place in a lads mind, came up able to shake it off, and under extreme duress and psychological stress as well.

The media have shown themselves up badly here, because there is no way to watch the full interview, and think anything other than the best possible things about Mr Neeson. A mans man, fiercely loyal, and in the heat of the moment prepared to obliterate that which threatens those he loves, while humble enough and wise enough to catch himself before making a very stupid error, based on programming he understands to be toxic and alien to reality. He is the best of two worlds in this respect. Would that we were all as prepared to act, but as capable of coming to wisdom as to how to act, as he is, despite all the bad wiring his upbringing provided him.

edit on 8-2-2019 by TrueBrit because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join