It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liam Neeson and The Crazy Liberal Media.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Dp
edit on 7-2-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Yup you read my title correctly am about to rip the liberal media a new one and defend a “racist”.

I don’t want to make this a long thread, but I had a quick look and couldn’t see anyone had written a thread on this subject yet and I figured it was a good one for the mud-pit.

So hears the deal, Liam Neeson was asked about revenge in an interview and he recalled an incident that happened 40 years ago. Basically, he says a woman he was close to was raped by a black man and he went out hopping that a “Black Bastard”, to use his words, would set upon him so he could kill them with a cosh he was carrying. He goes on to then explain how he done this for about a week and after it he felt awful, guilty about it and he sounds almost scared of how he felt. It’s not a story about him being a racist, it’s just an acknowledgement of the effect this event had on him. He finishes saying that he thinks it was something about a primal need for revenge.

The left-wing media has exploded, claiming that he is some kind of racist monster over using the words “Black Bastard” that he mimicked air quotations by the way. He was not being racist in my view he was talking about how his thrust for revenge had him act out uncharacteristically. The red-carpet event for the launch of his new movie has been cancelled over this and there has been a media frenzy.

This is what’s wrong with the left-wing media, this is why I can understand some right leaning individuals when they talk about political correctness gone mad. They just seem pathetically desperate to find a new racist to hate on, he was talking about something that happened in Northern Ireland 40 years ago! This has to stop, they have to stop using the “R” word inappropriately because all they are doing is demining the meaning of the word. By all means call out a racist but only call them out when they are, you know, actually racist.

For those who are interested this is the full recording of the interview.

His defence of his words is really interesting also for anyone interested.

Funny you only give a crap when it is one of yours done wrong.
Reap it.

One of mine???

No am calling it out because of the stupidity of the media reaction.

I call out racists when I see them and I call out stupidity when I see it.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

It seems to me the Republicans own all the media outlets. Why do people think it's "liberal". It's not.

Especially CNN, MSNBC, NBC, ABC, CBS, PBS, BBC, and ESPN. Those outlets are so Conservative leaning it's just grody. I mean, they refuse to call out anything bad the Republican president does. They're so biased.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   

No am calling it out because of the stupidity of the media reaction.

yep
the media reaction to one of yours
especially when you post this trash
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The basic accusation being made is that Trump has been abusing his wife, Melania Trump. Now I am not going to pretend to have any hard evidence that proves this to be 100% true however I do think its a interesting avenue to explore.

clean up your own backyard first then worry about "the media".

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   
You know it's serious when the liberal media crucifies one of their best, I mean Taken, Liam Neeson and "I have a particular set of skills...", He's probably the only person to spar with Chuck Norris and LIVE.

So, full blown whackos and Neeson has quite the cult following, the group that hangs out at Hot Topic and blends mountain dew and doritos, play fortnite all day....

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

No way rob roy could spar with chuck norris
he could barely handle Archibald Cunningham

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07
I hear the term "liberal" and crazy liberal and leftist liberals here so often... I honestly had to look it up on wikipedia...

There definition states...A supporter of liberalism, a political philosophy founded on ideas of liberty and equality....

Yeah that sounds horrible...

Yeah I vote Democrat for the most part... sue me... lol...

I am actually one of those Democrats that works, so I have not seen the "crazy liberal media" blasting him or whatever you espouse they are doing. I did turn my tv on last night and saw him saying what you said he said...

So how many MSM outlets are actually going crazy over this? I remember fox news freaking out over Obama wearing a tan suit... that probably got your panties in a wad didnt it?

I have no problem with what he said

They call themselves liberals so ask them. If they stand for liberty and equality then they've totally missed their mark. Liberals, as they call themselves, only stand for the equality they think people like them should have, and they certainly don't care about liberty. Perhaps this is why they've been moved into the progressive title, which of course doesn't even begin to fit them. We'll just call y'all confused.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   

a reply to: tinner07

So how many MSM outlets are actually going crazy over this? I remember fox news freaking out over Obama wearing a tan suit... that probably got your panties in a wad didnt it?

Dude I identify as being liberal but I think its incumbent upon us all to recognise when our own ideology is going a bit wacky. Sure I would like it if some of our more politically right members would do the same but moving on....

Like I said his red carpet event for the new movie has been canceled and I have posted at least one video showing some idiots trying to pretend its something its not. You can do a search online and you will find left leaning media outlets flaming him for this.

You're acting like a moderate democrat in this thread. It's only a matter of time before they disown you.

I remember when democrats and republicans, though politically different, still compromised. Over time, the democrats shifted further left and further left and further left until the moderates that were still democrats no longer followed their ideology and were then considered republican. If you could step back and watch, you'll see a handful that will continue to support bashing Neeson for being "racist" a million years ago as you and people like will continue to hold the same democratic views you currently hold, but you won't adopt the more radical ones like the others. In time, you'll eventually be called a republican. This is how the current shift has gone and why the left keeps going further left. It's like they're seeing how far left they can go before everyone drops them entirely. Going for broke is what we call that around here.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Yup am 100% clear that am not claiming that Trump is abusing his wife I was only showing the arguments that have been made for that case. I was explicitly clear in that thread that I was not saying that Trump was abusing his wife as a fact.

The problem you have is my very posting gets you so triggered that you're incapable of saying I might have a point even when its something that you might agree with me on as in this case. Now thankfully others have shown the ability to rise above this and go for the ball not the player. So by all means feel free to tread through all my old posts and threads, you never know you might learn something but lets stick to the topic at hand.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

I regard myself as a moderate, I am happy to call out my own ideology when its appropriate, if you go through my posting history you will see lots of examples of threads where I have written critically of the left. Actually if am being totally honest am actually very much in the centre, I think that ATS sometimes goes to such extremes that it might make me seem further to the left that I really am.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Yup am 100% clear that am not claiming that Trump is abusing his wife I was only showing the arguments that have been made for that case. I was explicitly clear in that thread that I was not saying that Trump was abusing his wife as a fact.

You didn't show any arguments. You spread hatred and propaganda, then were not even brave enough to stand by it.
You've shown yourself to have so much hatred for the President of the USA that no one could possibly take you seriously in any critique of him.

I actually agree with you on this thread, but I am also 100% sure that if Donald Trump said the same thing you would have a different opinion of it. Whilst it would be fun seeing you try to deny it, don't bother. No one would believe you.

edit on 7/2/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   

You are wonderful

Now I am not going to pretend to have any hard evidence that proves this to be 100% true however I do think its a interesting avenue to explore.

No harm in exploring......right?
lol

The problem you have is my very posting gets you so triggered that you're incapable of saying I might have a point even when its something that you might agree with me on as in this case.

Simply wishful thinking on your part.
Words on a screen, emotion attributed by you alone.
I do not agree with you in this case.
The actor in question was a dolt for giving that interview. No matter the context the media will destroy him. Their job is not to build and has not been for a long long time.
Were it not rob roy you wouldnt have noticed. That is the funny part.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

You do know I have written thread and posts in support of trump also right???

The man is a total tool, he is an awful POTUS, but I can give him credit where credit is due and I have done in the past, unlike some of his supporters who are completely incapable of criticising him when criticism is deserved.

I just think too many of you get triggered by the alien in the suit and respond to the avatar rather than the content of my posts. I got you all triggered with some hard truths and now am basically trolled around ATS with the kind of posts you have just made. Which by the way is why I now very rarely respond to any of your posts.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   

ohhh look at that you finally got on topic...

The actor in question was a dolt for giving that interview. No matter the context the media will destroy him. Their job is not to build and has not been for a long long time.

So I agree that it was a stupid thing for him to say but he said it regardless and my views on this have to just accept that he said something stupid. Does he deserve the media backlash he is receiving over this though, I personally don't think so. Now if you disagree with me on that, fair enough, I can accept a difference in opinion as being just that (you might want to try it sometime).

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   

You do know I have written thread and posts in support of trump also right???

The man is a total tool, he is an awful POTUS, but I can give him credit where credit is due and I have done in the past, unlike some of his supporters who are completely incapable of criticising him when criticism is deserved.

Lol. The bottom line is this - if Trump had said what Neeson said, your response would have been totally different. Go on, tell us that's wrong...bet you can't be convincing.

I just think too many of you get triggered by the alien in the suit and respond to the avatar rather than the content of my posts.

WTF? Did you really just say that ???

I got you all triggered with some hard truths and now am basically trolled around ATS with the kind of posts you have just made. Which by the way is why I now very rarely respond to any of your posts.

So your accusations are now hard truths? I thought you just said you were clear they were not hard truths???
Make up your mind. You're all over the place.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   

am not interested in debating each and every post and thread I have ever wrote with you.

If you want to discuss the topic at hand fine, if you want to discuss individuals threads I have wrote then please do so on the appropriate thread.

If you want to discuss me personally then feel free to send me a U2U.

Other than that am not really interesting in responding further.

thanks.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   

am not interested in debating each and every post and thread I have ever wrote with you.

If you want to discuss the topic at hand fine.

If you want to discuss me personally then feel free to send me a U2U that I can then ignore.

thanks.

Is it not valid to highlight the hypocrisy when issues like the one arising from what Neeson said arise?
Now, if you are going to use this as a basis for how you assess these things going forward, I'd say that was great.
Like I said, i agree with you on this issue. I don't think Neeson should be dragged over the coals over this, but we must apply the same standard of judgement to others. Hypocrisy will always be called out.

Thanks for the U2U invite, but I have no desire to converse with you one on one.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

It seems to me the Republicans own all the media outlets. Why do people think it's "liberal". It's not.
Well, you thought wrong. Even Murdoch cannot be considered conservative. I don’t know his party affiliation. It’s highly doubtful a Republican owns a media outlet like CNN.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Does he deserve the media backlash he is receiving over this though, I personally don't think so.

nope he does not
but this is the world the msm has been allowed to build
now you get to live in it

it is a world where high school yearbooks are allowed to damn scotus nominees
it is a world where college yearbooks are allowed to damn governors
how can his comments not be allowed to damn him?
I know you cheered for kavanaough to be drug through the mud for things he did in high school, now you cry because rob roy is being taken to task for things from his past?

roseanne lost her show over a bad twitter joke
rob roy lost his red carpet and you make a thread about it, at least they did not take his pay

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Does he deserve the media backlash he is receiving over this though, I personally don't think so.

nope he does not
but this is the world the msm has been allowed to build
now you get to live in it

it is a world where high school yearbooks are allowed to damn scotus nominees
it is a world where college yearbooks are allowed to damn governors
how can his comments not be allowed to damn him?
I know you cheered for kavanaough to be drug through the mud for things he did in high school, now you cry because rob roy is being taken to task for things from his past?

roseanne lost her show over a bad twitter joke
rob roy lost his red carpet and you make a thread about it, at least they did not take his pay

You've highlighted the hypocrisy and how it can be so dangerous. Anyone who delighted in what happened to Kavanaugh or Rosanne has no business being upset when someone they like falls foul to the same nonsense.

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join