It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liam Neeson and The Crazy Liberal Media.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: szino9

It's because he uses satire to explore real issues. It's a pretty good way of getting people to examine an issue from a different angle.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 04:31 PM
link   
This is the kind of thing the news groups want. It sells because 10% of Americans get uber-triggered by it.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Liam Neeson is the guy going round London stabbing all these black guys up
edit on CSTWed, 06 Feb 2019 16:45:08 -06000000002804x008x0 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
ohhh listen to these morons.....

I bet these two have never had a problem similar to deal with... that's the only reason they are surprised. I bet if one of their friends had been raped, they would be saying all kinds of stuff too.. especially if Piers wife had been raped, I'm pretty sure he would be out on the street looking for someone

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Right after 911, I became hateful toward middle eastern people. For months I was consumed with hate toward them.

One day I realized how wrong I was, and was ashamed of my thoughts.

I never acted on my, IGNORANT hate, but still I regret my thoughts.

Liam's, feelings were wrong, like mine. We are all human though. At least he, like myself admits they were wrong.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
I thought Digger nailed this. Former Liverpool player, a guy who dealt with some nasty racism off football fans now leading an organisation which aims to combat racism. He doesn't think Liam should be pilloried, unlike so many whiny gits who are jumping on this bandwagon. Worth a watch for anyone seeking a bit of context.

Wow, I have never had as much respect for John Barnes, great footballer as he was, than I do after watching that.
He is so right. He seems to know that the virtue signallers in the media are the real racists, but pretend to be otherwise as they throw their stones at others.
I feel quite certain that the interviewer was planning on a whole segment of virtue signalling with the 'black guy', but it didn't turn out the way he wanted.
Good for John Barnes to refuse to be used.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   

A paper wants to sell papers. News media want too sell news. Let's jump on liam. There's a dollar there. So the media

whips up a frenzy.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Yeah, pc and the rage machine is over the top now days. We need to be able to talk about these things even mistakes made in the past without being terrified of being attacked by the mob.
OtherSideOfTheCoin

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Well, besides Fox News can you tell me one single mainstream big media outlet that is conservative? In their coverage?
a reply to: dfnj2015

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Yup you read my title correctly am about to rip the liberal media a new one and defend a “racist”.

I don’t want to make this a long thread, but I had a quick look and couldn’t see anyone had written a thread on this subject yet and I figured it was a good one for the mud-pit.

So hears the deal, Liam Neeson was asked about revenge in an interview and he recalled an incident that happened 40 years ago. Basically, he says a woman he was close to was raped by a black man and he went out hopping that a “Black Bastard”, to use his words, would set upon him so he could kill them with a cosh he was carrying. He goes on to then explain how he done this for about a week and after it he felt awful, guilty about it and he sounds almost scared of how he felt. It’s not a story about him being a racist, it’s just an acknowledgement of the effect this event had on him. He finishes saying that he thinks it was something about a primal need for revenge.

The left-wing media has exploded, claiming that he is some kind of racist monster over using the words “Black Bastard” that he mimicked air quotations by the way. He was not being racist in my view he was talking about how his thrust for revenge had him act out uncharacteristically. The red-carpet event for the launch of his new movie has been cancelled over this and there has been a media frenzy.

This is what’s wrong with the left-wing media, this is why I can understand some right leaning individuals when they talk about political correctness gone mad. They just seem pathetically desperate to find a new racist to hate on, he was talking about something that happened in Northern Ireland 40 years ago! This has to stop, they have to stop using the “R” word inappropriately because all they are doing is demining the meaning of the word. By all means call out a racist but only call them out when they are, you know, actually racist.

For those who are interested this is the full recording of the interview.

His defence of his words is really interesting also for anyone interested.

Funny you only give a crap when it is one of yours done wrong.
Reap it.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

have to agree he's a total douchebag

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

He was angry, sometimes people things they don't mean when they are angry.

And that anger was 40 years ago.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Wow. OtherSideOfTheCoin, I just have to say: kudos to you for calling out this insanity. I just gained a whole new respect for you.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 02:00 AM
link   
What was the racist part?

You can't call someone a bastard and include a description of them?

Response is typical for the left....

Same type of people who think this song is racist.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 02:22 AM
link   

I would do the same as we speak, even thou I am 62. Revenge has nothing to do with “race/gender/age” pretty human thing to do since the creations “start with the Cain, Able and God”.

Unfortunately is popular trend nowadays. Remember the magical formula, what sales best is the “manipulated” bad news!

It happens all over the world.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Guy said he went out hoping a bad black guy would attack him so he could kill him?

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Yeah, Trevor Phillips often gets some stick off the fake left too, for being honest in the way Barnsey was.
If anyone in Parliament had a modicum of sense, they would be giving the bloke a job in one of the ministries to sort out stuff like this. I think honesty is the only way to go if we are talking about fixing things.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 02:53 AM
link   
wait

he was roaming and the streets haha omg hahah

whole story is probably a lie lets be real.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Thanks for making the thread, I saw it last night but ran out of time to make a thread.

This is why it seems it doesn't pay to be honest.

He recalled something terrible, a rape, and his feelings at the time.

They completely twisted it around and ignored the rape but sought to make outrage over his "thoughts"

I couldn't believe it.....

How sick is this society when a rape is downplayed "but lets go all hardcore on a 'thought' racist"

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maverick7

originally posted by: paraphi
Neeson was quite brave describing what he did. The reaction is over-board and will doubtlessly inhibit and discourage other people being open and confessional in the future. Rather sad really.

You may think he was "brave" but to me it reveals a deep-seated hatred of that race. You might be upset at a rape but you don't carry around a club hoping to do in ANY black person who you might be able to provoke. The 'rape' allegation was just an excuse, in my opinion. Should he lose his career? No, but let's not candy-coat it.

He's also an actor who is NOT American and who makes his money doing 'gun-themed movies' and is very strongly anti Second Amendment. So I say screw him and the racist horse he rode in on, but again, that's a personal take not a wish that he be pilloried.

God sake! 40 years ago! People are acting like it was yesterday!

We all make mistakes! Seriously! People and the media are spinning this!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join