It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liam Neeson and The Crazy Liberal Media.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Yup you read my title correctly am about to rip the liberal media a new one and defend a “racist”.

I don’t want to make this a long thread, but I had a quick look and couldn’t see anyone had written a thread on this subject yet and I figured it was a good one for the mud-pit.

So hears the deal, Liam Neeson was asked about revenge in an interview and he recalled an incident that happened 40 years ago. Basically, he says a woman he was close to was raped by a black man and he went out hopping that a “Black Bastard”, to use his words, would set upon him so he could kill them with a cosh he was carrying. He goes on to then explain how he done this for about a week and after it he felt awful, guilty about it and he sounds almost scared of how he felt. It’s not a story about him being a racist, it’s just an acknowledgement of the effect this event had on him. He finishes saying that he thinks it was something about a primal need for revenge.

The left-wing media has exploded, claiming that he is some kind of racist monster over using the words “Black Bastard” that he mimicked air quotations by the way. He was not being racist in my view he was talking about how his thrust for revenge had him act out uncharacteristically. The red-carpet event for the launch of his new movie has been cancelled over this and there has been a media frenzy.

This is what’s wrong with the left-wing media, this is why I can understand some right leaning individuals when they talk about political correctness gone mad. They just seem pathetically desperate to find a new racist to hate on, he was talking about something that happened in Northern Ireland 40 years ago! This has to stop, they have to stop using the “R” word inappropriately because all they are doing is demining the meaning of the word. By all means call out a racist but only call them out when they are, you know, actually racist.

For those who are interested this is the full recording of the interview.

His defence of his words is really interesting also for anyone interested.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I have little use for him as an actor anymore, but in this its crazy... the only people that cannot understand what he was feeling at that point and time have never had a close friend or family member raped, or assaulted.

Its not racisim its feeling angry, frustrated and lost on how to help the person you care about so the need to lash out is a normal reaction.

The knee jerk perpetually outraged people need to get out of their basement and try to understand the world around them.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Exactly but they are trying to make him look like some kind of racist, I mean canceling the red-carpet event for his new movie is just nuts.

People need to be aloud to talk about this kind of things.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Finally

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   

its another one of those subjects where we should be talking about it, and instead we freak and try to punish anyone that was being honest.

Sometimes I really hate people.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   

He was angry, sometimes people things they don't mean when they are angry.

He apologized for saying what he said.

Case Closed.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   
ohhh listen to these morons.....

edit on 6-2-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   

It seems to me the Republicans own all the media outlets. Why do people think it's "liberal". It's not.

+14 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: Irishhaf

Exactly but they are trying to make him look like some kind of racist, I mean canceling the red-carpet event for his new movie is just nuts.

People need to be aloud to talk about this kind of things.

and youre surprised? this is literally what the left, and the media on the left do 24/7......

They are always looking for their next target, and this is what weve been complaining about for years, but in the last 2 years its gotten so bad, they have almost become a parody of themselves....

This is normal, only you guys just arent use to seeing them do it to people you like.......they do this to everyone, thats why no one trusts them anymore.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Well I don't think the republicans own all media outlets globally....

I mean are you really going to deny that some aspects of the media hold a liberal bias?

I say this as a liberal by they way.

+19 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

It seems to me the Republicans own all the media outlets. Why do people think it's "liberal". It's not.

........research is hard huh?

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Grey man good?

ahem...

+20 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   
THIS is what many of us on the "right" have been trying to say.

It is NOT good enough to yell "racist" anymore...or sexist, or simply hateful for so much as a policy disagreement.

I will not walk on eggshells strewn about by emotionally weak people who never bothered to learn how to cope with anything. I'm done with "wokeness" and everyone involved in social justice. Because that's what this is. Another Social Justice sensitivity mob.

+14 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Normal human reactions and emotions now must be tempered against liberal expectations and self-defacement when minorities and sensitive nothings are concerned. It's madness and must be rejected, violently if need be, by all who value free thought and the unique condition of "being human."

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   
But the black faced governor story is gone???

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Piers Morgan is an utter moron. How he still has a show blows my mind. Not even liberals like him...

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Outrage, over everything, is the flavour of this year, last year......they’re going back decades, actively searching for anything to ruin people’s lives, as completely as possible.

It’s also not just the left, it’s all over the political spectrum. It’s getting very sickening.

Even when someone fully explains themselves, and it was decades ago, it just gets worse!

People suck these days....

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I thought Digger nailed this. Former Liverpool player, a guy who dealt with some nasty racism off football fans now leading an organisation which aims to combat racism. He doesn't think Liam should be pilloried, unlike so many whiny gits who are jumping on this bandwagon. Worth a watch for anyone seeking a bit of context.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

yeah I saw that he made really good points.

what I really want is Johnathan Pies response!
edit on 6-2-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Neeson was quite brave describing what he did. The reaction is over-board and will doubtlessly inhibit and discourage other people being open and confessional in the future. Rather sad really.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join