It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virginia Attorney General Mark Herring admits wearing blackface

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   
source

Virginia Attorney General Mark Herring admitted Wednesday that he, too, once wore blackface in the 1980s.

"In 1980, when I was a 19-year-old undergraduate in college, some friends suggested we attend a party dressed like rappers we listened to at the time, like Kurtis Blow, and perform a song," Herring said. "It sounds ridiculous even now writing it. But because of our ignorance and glib attitudes – and because we did not have an appreciation for the experiences and perspectives of others – we dressed up and put on wigs and brown makeup.

"This was a one-time occurrence and I accept full responsibility for my conduct."

This man has publicly called for the governor to resign over the "blackface incident", yet, he has not volunteered to resign himself. More hypocritical behavior being exposed for all to see. More Democrats are being hoisted upon their own petard, and I say good for them.

In fact, anyone, regardless of party, that is working in the public sector should be held to a higher standard, including their own standards for others.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Sorry. Already posted.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Cool. Looks like I searched a few minutes too early, before that thread went live. It took some time for me to read through the story, and try to find additional corroborating info before posting. See, this is what the news media should do as opposed to trying to get the story out there first.

Mods, feel free to delete this thread.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   

top topics

join