It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Virginia Attorney General ALSO Wore Blackface

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

The racism of the south is just raising it's ugly head. To think it's just Democrats, is naive. All this outrage doesn't happen when a Republican is found to be racist or caught in sexual allegations. Lets call out a wrong when it's a wrong instead of labeling it as only one political party does it.

Racism and bigotry has no place in America whether it be Democrat or Republican.

Not a single Democrat voted for civil rights. It wasn't just the south.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

Judge Kavanaugh , the dems opened their own can of worms

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: iplay1up2

you got that backwards

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: 10uoutlaw

Judge Kavanaugh , the dems opened their own can of worms

Sow a Kavanaugh and reap a metric s***ton of blowback.

We've only just begun and the irony is beyond belief.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   
nvm
edit on 6-2-2019 by ausername because: Already covered

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
Democrat governor resigns, next in succession resigns because sexual assault allegations, this Virginia AG resigns because of the blackface thing.

The new governor would be the state speaker of the house, a REPUBLICAN!

Which is why Governor Northam won't resign...which is why his Atty General won't resign.
Fairfax, however, will be sacrificed.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Hang on a second...based on reporting here in DC, the AG was in a skit in high school where he was dressed as Michael Jackson.

Jackson was a black person who had his skin bleached and had his nose tweaked so he looked more like a white person

So doesn't that cancel out this AG thing? I'm positive it's a double negative.

[eye roll]

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheTruthRocks
Hang on a second...based on reporting here in DC, the AG was in a skit in high school where he was dressed as Michael Jackson.

Jackson was a black person who had his skin bleached and had his nose tweaked so he looked more like a white person

So doesn't that cancel out this AG thing? I'm positive it's a double negative.

[eye roll]

So what you are saying is: He was a white guy, copying a black guy, who was copying white guys?

Damn...

I don't know what to feel!

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Sorry to say, I don't see the same when republican elected officials come into question about their racial bigotry or sexual allegations. They usually circle the wagons and start making excuses for the allegations. Our own president has been caught numerous times making demeaning racial comments and has been accused of numerous sex allegations, yet a majority of elected republicans ignore it and don't condemn it!

America is no longer about human rights and the rule of law in this country, but about protecting party rule. It's a divisive state of affairs we live in.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Mark Herring Resigns as Democrat Attorneys General Group Co-Chair

Virginia Attorney General Mark Herring (D) resigned as co-chair of the Democratic Attorneys General Association Wednesday following the revelation that he wore blackface during his college years.

Now he's saying he was dressing up as some rapper named Kurtis Blow. What happened to dressing up like Michael Jackson?

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Sorry to say, I don't see the same when republican elected officials come into question about their racial bigotry or sexual allegations. They usually circle the wagons and start making excuses for the allegations. Our own president has been caught numerous times making demeaning racial comments and has been accused of numerous sex allegations, yet a majority of elected republicans ignore it and don't condemn it!

America is no longer about human rights and the rule of law in this country, but about protecting party rule. It's a divisive state of affairs we live in.

1. Making demeaning comments, while distasteful, are NOT against the law. On the contrary, they are protected by the United States Constitution. Whether you agree with someone's statement or not, it is their RIGHT to speak it....sorry there chief.

2. Accusations are not criminal. Seems all the effort and $$$$ being put into those accusations has resulted in no actual findings. So, again, that is not criminal.

So, how are those examples of yours not following the rule of law? Truth is, they are not. You just hate the man, period. To you and others, it comes down to "Orange Man = bad".

Good luck with your ideas that accusations mean truth and speech you dislike is illegal or against human rights.

Me, I live in the real world.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

Virginia Attorney General Mark Herring (D) resigned as co-chair of the Democratic Attorneys General Association Wednesday following the revelation that he wore blackface during his college years.

Now he's saying he was dressing up as some rapper named Kurtis Blow. What happened to dressing up like Michael Jackson?

That's a start.
Can his resignation of Attorney General of Virginia be far behind?

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   

The Governor was dressed as MJ, not the AG. Mark Herring is the AG, not the Governor. They are two different people, same political party.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

The Governor was dressed as MJ, not the AG. Mark Herring is the AG, not the Governor. They are two different people, same political party.

I'm confused. Was it supposed to be MJ standing next to the Klansman? Or did Da Gov wear blackface on multiple occasions?

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 09:52 PM
link   

I'm confused. Was it supposed to be MJ standing next to the Klansman? Or did Da Gov wear blackface on multiple occasions?

OK, there are 2 people involved here....you seem to be confusing them both.

Gov. Ralph Northam was the initial politician that was accused of being one of the 2 in the yearbook photo (blackface or Klansman). He initially apologized for being one of the two in the photo (never saying which one). Then, when he had his presser, he stated that he was not one of the people in the photo. However, he did state that in the past, he dressed as MJ for a dance contest, in which he used some black shoe polish on some of his face as part of the MJ impersonation.

Attorney General General Mark Herring voluntarily offered up a confession and apology for, in the 1980's, dressing as a rapper he and friends admired, Kurtis Blow. AS part of the costume, he used brown makeup as part of the impression.

Does that help clear this mess up for you? I hope it helped.

Oh, and both of these "fine examples" are in the same political party, the Democrat party.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Got it. Thanks!

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Good luck with your ideas that accusations mean truth and speech you dislike is illegal or against human rights. Me, I live in the real world.

If you live in the "real world," you wouldn't be denying and making excuses for racial comments made by a President of the United States. You wouldn't be ignoring the numerous "recorded evidence" of his lies and contradictions. You wouldn't be ignoring the numerous sex abuse allegations and his immoral behavior. You wouldn't ignore his verbal attacks on women, childish name-calling and thin skinned temper tantrums. You wouldn't ignore his blatant incompetency about how our government has checks and balances and his refusal to follow advice from his own military advisers. You wouldn't ignore Trump's defense of a Saudi Prince who was behind the killing and dismemberment of a Washington Post columnist even after CIA evidence pointed to involvement. You wouldn't ignore a U.S. president who continued to deny a foreign advisory interfered in the 2016 presidential election when evidence of purchased Facebook ads proved it! You wouldn't ignore the fact there have been six former Trump advisers indicted connected to Trump's campaign inner circle, duh! You wouldn't ignore the fact that this president has business interests in Saudi Arabia and Russia. Not to mention he reneged on a pledge to release his tax returns...what's he hiding?? You wouldn't ignore the fact he hired undocumented immigrants at his own Bedminster club. He's been doing it for 15 years!! I guess when it serves him it's ok, huh. Just like the ridiculous number of his own hired advisers he fired because in his world nobody can question his decisions. Sure sounds like a dictator mentality to me.

There's a lot more red flags I can list, but you get my point..."you don't live in the real world" or you would be alarmed that an American president could feel like he's above the law. Presidents before him have been impeached for a lot less.

Are you still going to defend this president when the Mueller Investigation exposes his "collusion?" Keep in mind, Trump can't be innocent when they already have indicted or gotten guilty pleas from 34 people and three companies. To believe otherwise is ignoring the writing on the wall.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Good luck with your ideas that accusations mean truth and speech you dislike is illegal or against human rights. Me, I live in the real world.

If you live in the "real world," you wouldn't be denying and making excuses for racial comments made by a President of the United States. You wouldn't be ignoring the numerous "recorded evidence" of his lies and contradictions. You wouldn't be ignoring the numerous sex abuse allegations and his immoral behavior. You wouldn't ignore his verbal attacks on women, childish name-calling and thin skinned temper tantrums. You wouldn't ignore his blatant incompetency about how our government has checks and balances and his refusal to follow advice from his own military advisers. You wouldn't ignore Trump's defense of a Saudi Prince who was behind the killing and dismemberment of a Washington Post columnist even after CIA evidence pointed to involvement. You wouldn't ignore a U.S. president who continued to deny a foreign advisory interfered in the 2016 presidential election when evidence of purchased Facebook ads proved it! You wouldn't ignore the fact there have been six former Trump advisers indicted connected to Trump's campaign inner circle, duh! You wouldn't ignore the fact that this president has business interests in Saudi Arabia and Russia. Not to mention he reneged on a pledge to release his tax returns...what's he hiding?? You wouldn't ignore the fact he hired undocumented immigrants at his own Bedminster club. He's been doing it for 15 years!! I guess when it serves him it's ok, huh. Just like the ridiculous number of his own hired advisers he fired because in his world nobody can question his decisions. Sure sounds like a dictator mentality to me.

There's a lot more red flags I can list, but you get my point..."you don't live in the real world" or you would be alarmed that an American president could feel like he's above the law. Presidents before him have been impeached for a lot less.

Are you still going to defend this president when the Mueller Investigation exposes his "collusion?" Keep in mind, Trump can't be innocent when they already have indicted or gotten guilty pleas from 34 people and three companies. To believe otherwise is ignoring the writing on the wall.

And still, all of that word salad amounts to exactly what being against the law? Fact is, none. Zero. Just because you don;t like what someone says does not mean it is illegal. See, that is the difference here....you think that your hurt feelings equate to illegal activity. Whereas, I actually understand the laws and don't ascribe illegal behavior based upon my personal "feelz". That, my friend, is living in the real world, not some liberal dystopia where you must fear speaking words that might hurt someone's feelings.

As for the indictments you mentioned, yes, there has been. But, see, here is the important part, NONE of which where in any way related to working with the Russians to sway the 2016 election. Which, was supposed to be the mandate for the investigation. However, Mueller has cast a big fishing net that extended beyond that mandate in order to catch fish, ANY fish. And, again, "collusion" last I checked is not illegal. If it were the vast acts of collusion by the DNC and Hillary Clinton campaign during the 2016 election would have been also illegal.

Whine, hold your breath, and stomp your feet all you want. A child's temper tantrum does not hold up in a court of law.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 07:52 AM
link   

OK, there are 2 people involved here....you seem to be confusing them both.

Gov. Ralph Northam was the initial politician that was accused of being one of the 2 in the yearbook photo (blackface or Klansman). He initially apologized for being one of the two in the photo (never saying which one). Then, when he had his presser, he stated that he was not one of the people in the photo. However, he did state that in the past, he dressed as MJ for a dance contest, in which he used some black shoe polish on some of his face as part of the MJ impersonation.

Attorney General General Mark Herring voluntarily offered up a confession and apology for, in the 1980's, dressing as a rapper he and friends admired, Kurtis Blow. AS part of the costume, he used brown makeup as part of the impression.

Does that help clear this mess up for you? I hope it helped.

Oh, and both of these "fine examples" are in the same political party, the Democrat party.

The lt governor is also in hot water for sexually assaulting a lady at the dem convention in boston isnt he?
What is wrong with virginia?
Seems the dems there are messed up!

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 08:05 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...
AHAHAHAHAHA
That is too funny
well done Joy

The co-hosts appeared surprised by her drastically different look. Raven-Symoné, a former co-host, asked, "Joy, are you black?" "I was so cute," Behar said. "Joy... are you my auntie, Joy?" Raven-Symoné joked. Behar explained that the picture was taken at a Halloween party where she dressed up as a "beautiful African woman" and stressed that it was her actual hair. "Did you have tanning lotion on, Joy?" Raven-Symoné asked.
Behar responded by saying she wore makeup "that was a little bit darker than my skin."

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join