It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Virginia Attorney General ALSO Wore Blackface

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: LSU2018

Democrats have a history of accusing Republicans of the same thing they have been guilty of. It's called using projection to reduce self guilt and remorse.

Exactly. Psychological Projection... A defense mechanism in which the human ego defends itself against unconscious impulses or qualities by denying their existence in themselves while attributing them to others. For example, a person who is habitually racist may constantly accuse other people of being racist.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

You clear out the top three and the next person in line for being Governor is a republican. Democrats have better start investigating his background to see if they can find some dirt.

It's interesting that neither MSNBC or CNN are covering this breaking news at all today.

Instead, they are focusing on what Chuck Schumer says was a hateful and divisive jekyll-and-hyde State of the Union Address from President Trump last night.
edit on 2/6/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: CriticalStinker

The goal isn't to stomp out racism. Its to yell "GOTCHA" at political rivals.

The third guy outted himself

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Exactly. Top Virginia Democrats were accusing Republicans of being racist during the campaigns last year.

We're witnessing a textbook example of using projection to alleviate one's guilt.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: iplay1up2

When a Democrat, does something stupid, Democrats ask them to step down. When a Republican does something stupid, the GOP, defends them. Just why is that? It has happened time and time again.

So it was Republicans who started the practice of essentially combing through an opponent 's history back to high school in order to somehow smear them?

Let's face it... Democrats are just reaping what they have sown.

I call it karma.

Hell their most outspoken role model was a drug addict and friends with a known domestic terrorist that hated the government. But they elected him two times.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Democrats are still mad that Republicans freed the slaves.

Now they're trying to undo all that by encouraging minority women to abort their children before birth, or kill them after they're born.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

originally posted by: iplay1up2

When a Democrat, does something stupid, Democrats ask them to step down. When a Republican does something stupid, the GOP, defends them. Just why is that? It has happened time and time again.

Because conservatives believe in freedom of speech and the Democrats don't control the GOP's message to conservatives. Not our fault the left can't make up their mind on what is acceptable or not within their own party. We all warned the conflicting policies and radicals within the Democratic party would end up eating their own and here we are. I have some extra popcorn if you need some.

Just like Reid's bright idea of enacting the nuclear option. McConnell even warned him that it could come back to bite them but they were so confident that we'd never win again, he pushed McConnell's comments aside.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   
The phrase reap what you sow has been applied here, and rightly so. Democrats and, in general, people on the extremes of the left have somehow been allowed to create a situation where people are being held to impossible standards, retroactively!

How strange it is. Here's the thing though, what happens if the left actually goes ahead and tries to maintain these standards, forcing more and more people to actually toe the line regarding their all inclusive (except for some) ideals?

I have seen the REEEEEsist videos, they are everywhere, they could, in fact, be a substantial part of the future, how scary is that?

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Yea wake me when someone really wears a black face like in face off. That would be a story worth reporting.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   
It's all being ignored so it will go away

Simple as that

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Exactly. Top Virginia Democrats were accusing Republicans of being racist during the campaigns last year.

We're witnessing a textbook example of using projection to alleviate one's guilt.

The Democrats set up this petard, and now they're being hoisted on it. Even before Kavenaugh, there was that one senator who was accused of inappropriate behavior for something that allegedly happened 30 years ago. They made a huge circus over it, and the guy ended up losing the election.

If that's the way Dems are going to play the game, then they can't complain when Republicans use the same tactics against them.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

The mainstream media will do exactly what they're doing today. Bury it. It never happened.

Only Fox News is covering this developing story.
edit on 2/6/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I put on Camo paint once while paintballing. I would like to apologize to all the green, tan, and black folks.

Whew, I can run for office now.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

Because that's, apparently, the in thing to do now. Judge someone, like Supreme Court justices, and others, by their behavior, as long as it's somehow "questionable". The fact that most people change over the course of their lives from HS is quite beyond the point.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

originally posted by: Xtrozero
To be honest, Black Face was a entertainment caricature for a very long time. This caricature was used by both whites and blacks in performing, or costumes to demonstrate an extreme. There are a lot of extreme caricatures out there, but just recently the Black Face has been labeled as racist and so we need to go back 70 years and see if ANYONE has ever used this caricature in a skit or costume and then brand them a racist!!!

But it's also been regarded as racist for a long time. I grew up in the 1980's and even then going blackface would have been unthinkably racist.

Lol what? I grew up in the 80's too and never would have given this a second thought about being racist.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   

You clear out the top three and the next person in line for being Governor is a republican. Democrats have better start investigating his background to see if they can find some dirt.

It's interesting that neither MSNBC or CNN are covering this breaking news at all today.

Instead, they are focusing on what Chuck Schumer says was a hateful and divisive jekyll-and-hyde State of the Union Address from President Trump last night.

They'll just Roy Moore the Republican.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Sweet! It's just a matter of time before the Senate President pro Tempore and the Speaker of the House get called out on similar transgressions.

Virginia's going to be the first anarchy state in the US.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   

The Democrats set up this petard, and now they're being hoisted on it. Even before Kavenaugh, there was that one senator who was accused of inappropriate behavior for something that allegedly happened 30 years ago. They made a huge circus over it, and the guy ended up losing the election.

If that's the way Dems are going to play the game, then they can't complain when Republicans use the same tactics against them.

They tried to catch Trump in a sexual assault and lowered all standards. It was then that Weinstein was hammered, Franken was busted, Spacey was exposed as a little boy lover, and the #MeToo movement was started. And they never could get Trump.

It's like setting bear traps all around you to trap someone you don't like and then stepping in one, then another, then falling on another.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
The guy with the possible assault charge is more serious (IMO) than any idiot that wore black face in the 1980's... considering the time there is a good chance they were high as a kite on something during that period.

Thing is, the person making the accusation has the same lawyer as Christina Blasey Ford. (Purely a coincidence, I'm sure.) So we can fairly safely assume her accusation is politically-motivated BS. I think the Lt. Gov. might be right: the governor probably arranged the assault accusation in an attempt to fend off people calling for his resignation.

I had not read nor heard about this gem of information yet! Throws another wrench in the works! Just when you think it can't get much more comical....
😂

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

are we not tired of holding people hostage for acting appropriately with the time?

This outrage...i am ashamed to live amongst it.

That would be a better question for the liberal MSM.

Horsecrap. They all do it. Its why we are discussing a gotcha about a democrat in blackface.

No #, that’s why I said what I did because they are eating their own right now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join