It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are The E.U. Panicking Or Just Getting Nasty ?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
a reply to: uncommitted

Well, that was quite a pathetic rant wasn't it? I hope the nurse has since given you your medicine. I can remember him saying it, another poster on this thread, this time a leave voter remembers him saying it. Why you think I would want to look through videos of the odious little turd is your business. I'm sure you would think it pathetic if anyone suggested all who voted leave shared similar ideas and reasons for why they did so, but you are shallow enough to try and do the same to those who voted remain. You might want to start acting your age.

I can't remember Farage saying this either so, as it is you who is claiming he did, it does rather fall to you to back up your claim. So, would you be kind enough to now do that? Thanking you in advance.

I don't know about you, but I'm not in the habit of recording everything I watch on the off chance that someone should challenge me on it. I know it was live and in response to the comments he made that have already been referenced where he said a 52% - 48% remain win wouldn't be good enough. I'll try some cursory youtube searches but frankly if you would rather consider me a liar, that's obviously your prerogative.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   

always a tricky one when seeing something in a live broadcast, i don't believe you are lying mate just no pics didn't happen lol

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

Well, that was quite a pathetic rant wasn't it? I hope the nurse has since given you your medicine. I can remember him saying it, another poster on this thread, this time a leave voter remembers him saying it. Why you think I would want to look through videos of the odious little turd is your business. I'm sure you would think it pathetic if anyone suggested all who voted leave shared similar ideas and reasons for why they did so, but you are shallow enough to try and do the same to those who voted remain. You might want to start acting your age.

I can't remember Farage saying this either so, as it is you who is claiming he did, it does rather fall to you to back up your claim. So, would you be kind enough to now do that? Thanking you in advance.

I don't know about you, but I'm not in the habit of recording everything I watch on the off chance that someone should challenge me on it. I know it was live and in response to the comments he made that have already been referenced where he said a 52% - 48% remain win wouldn't be good enough. I'll try some cursory youtube searches but frankly if you would rather consider me a liar, that's obviously your prerogative.
You are remembering the quote what one of the above members posted: "In a 52-48 referendum this would be unfinished business by a long way. If the remain campaign win two-thirds to one-third that ends it."

I remember it, plus it wouldn't mean much if he had said it anyway, just because he wanted Brexit it doesn't mean he represents the thoughts of every brexit voter.
edit on 12-2-2019 by Xabi87 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Well, that was quite a pathetic rant wasn't it? I hope the nurse has since given you your medicine. I can remember him saying it, another poster on this thread, this time a leave voter remembers him saying it. Why you think I would want to look through videos of the odious little turd is your business.

Well firstly it wasn't a rant. Secondly he didn't say what you said he said. You can't find the video of him saying it because he didn't say it... here's another hint... the story came from the Daily Mirror. Do your research before making claims.

I'm sure you would think it pathetic if anyone suggested all who voted leave shared similar ideas and reasons for why they did so, but you are shallow enough to try and do the same to those who voted remain. You might want to start acting your age.

How have I suggested everyone who voted remain had the same idea/reason to do so? I have never once said that, but that is exactly what you did with Farage, suggesting all who voted leave shared similar ideas, including having another referendum (even though you are wrong on that because he didn't say it!).

You call me childish yet you're the one who is name-calling, not me.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   
You must live in a constant state of fear. I feel for you, man.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Total nonsense. The EU is in decline, the economy is crumbling and it's politics are increasingly divided. You really want to tie the UK to a social, economic, and political titanic?

You literally haven't got a clue about trade. We aren't begging anyone and there are many investors already eyeing up opportunities, take how Dyson's expansion to Singapore was spun as it leaving the UK as an example.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Jubei42

No deal thanks...

When the EURO crumbles before your eyes think of what you just posted... economical mistake was it? I think in a few years it'll be shown to be a masterstroke. We got off just before the ship sank. 2008 is nothing compared to what's about to hit the EU.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Both sides were poorly informed, the only people that were adequately informed were those who took it upon themselves to do the research. It's not all as bad as has been made out - as someone who has done the research.

I voted remain but given what's transpired and the fact the veil has begun to slip with regards to the EU's authoritarian nature I would vote leave without doubt in a second referendum.

Not long left now... roll on the 29th March.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Ofcourse they don't they dictated who could be the Italian economic minister...

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
The EU is acting like the problem will go away if they refuse to cooperate. Of course it won't.

But the "problem" as you put it is our British problem, not the EU. We decided to leave the single market so it's our proble. They are a single market....................... You are either in it or out of it and the British lemmings voted majority out, now WE have a problem. just the other day Nissan pulled out of building their planned X-Trail here and Brexit is one of the reasons. To say we are in a mess is an understatement and the problem is ours, we were only ever 7% of EU trade and they can easily do without it.

Regarding Nissan it's total nonsense that this decision is because of Brexit, they have been overproducing for some time and now they're left with a lot of product to supply when there has been a sharp decline in demand. They're having to scale back because of a decline in profits... not all Brexit related.

Spin another though, please?

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

originally posted by: DanDanDat
Sure it's your problem ... but my question would be why do you want to be tied to the hip with partners who would rather see you sink than help you out with your problem?

It's not like you didn't help them out with their problems in the past; now it's their turn to do the right thing.

But the EU is a single market. They protect their own industries from dirty Chinese type business tactics, they do that by having the single market. How can we be in the single market when our population has elected to ditch all our neighbours in favour of trade deals with New Zealand and Swaziland the other side of the world. Total madness..................................

Truth be told life is pretty good right now for us in Britain within the EU, now the idiots have decided to throw it all away oh my life you really couldn't make it up. It's like madness has taken over our island.

Plus on the right thing you mention, well the problem is with the EU, it's with our school boy MP's who are playing some insane game with each other and making a complete cock up with Brexit. Our politicians need removing before we remove ourselves from the EU, then some sense could be made of the present.

Life is pretty good for us within the EU? It won't always be that way and when the EU does eventually collapse we don't want to be caught in the inevitable #storm.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 01:47 AM
link   

I've told you exactly what he had said, but you refuse to believe it for some reason.
It wasn't even on live TV, it was from an interview for The Mirror newspaper.

Here you go, the origin of the story...
www.mirror.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 05:17 AM
link   

No need to be so spiky. Not calling you a liar at all - I merely said that I could not remember Farage saying this so I just asked you substantiate your claim - I did ask you politely so please, lose the attitude.

If you can't or can't be bothered to back up your claims then people will draw their own conclusions.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Just to add notice the energy prices today ???

But hey... they're not going up are they... someone declares earlier, strange isn't it or was what I stated earlier another coincidence???

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 05:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: DreamerOracle
a reply to: SerenTheUniverse

Not for this post... needless to say, Brexit??? The least of the West(America) issues in around 3 years time and the UK well that comes sooner. Political weakness and uncertainty have a very, VERY negative effect on the UK economy. Let alone the fact we have absolutely zero, nada, nothing in the way of natural resources. No way to fund a recovery... It will be an extremely slow process of gradual inclination to a flat economy akin to Greece, nothing but Tourists.

Btw these aren't theories, these are going to happen...

To explain in brief... You are stood at the end of your street, a car pulls in and drives the length of it and leaves, how do you know it wasn't going to stop midway?? Me?? Although I'm stood next to you on the street "Now", I'm also at the other end by the time that car approaches and leaves"Now". That explains it simply. Not really on topic, my apologies.

You are the Angel of Lightness and I claim my £5!

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: DreamerOracle

You posted a video of some Herbert who reads lots of newspapers and who is not a fan of the Tories?

Wake me up when fuel prices rocket by 60% cos of Brexit or whatever your "prediction" was or when the sky falls in Zzzzzzzz.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: DreamerOracle
Just to add notice the energy prices today ???

But hey... they're not going up are they... someone declares earlier, strange isn't it or was what I stated earlier another coincidence???

Notice the price of fuel in the UK over time to date?

RAC: Graph of UK Pump Prices Over Time

What was your "prediction" again, remind me?

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: 83Liberty

Well, that was quite a pathetic rant wasn't it? I hope the nurse has since given you your medicine. I can remember him saying it, another poster on this thread, this time a leave voter remembers him saying it. Why you think I would want to look through videos of the odious little turd is your business.

Well firstly it wasn't a rant. Secondly he didn't say what you said he said. You can't find the video of him saying it because he didn't say it... here's another hint... the story came from the Daily Mirror. Do your research before making claims.

I'm sure you would think it pathetic if anyone suggested all who voted leave shared similar ideas and reasons for why they did so, but you are shallow enough to try and do the same to those who voted remain. You might want to start acting your age.

How have I suggested everyone who voted remain had the same idea/reason to do so? I have never once said that, but that is exactly what you did with Farage, suggesting all who voted leave shared similar ideas, including having another referendum (even though you are wrong on that because he didn't say it!).

You call me childish yet you're the one who is name-calling, not me.

I know it came from the Daily Mirror originally, not sure why you are suggesting I do my research. I also know it was widely reported. The TV piece I am referring to was where he expanded on it - sorry, I said I'm not going to do an exhaustive trawl of Nigel Farage videos on youtube to back myself up because to be quite honest I don't feel the need. I wasn't comparing Farage with all who voted leave and I have fairly much made that clear several times during this thread.

Your use of the phrase 'you remainers.....' however suggests you do see commonalities in a group of people based purely on how they voted. It's common though, you Brexiteers all do it all the time

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: 83Liberty

I've told you exactly what he had said, but you refuse to believe it for some reason.
It wasn't even on live TV, it was from an interview for The Mirror newspaper.

Here you go, the origin of the story...
www.mirror.co.uk...

I'm not quite sure why you feel the need to tell me that twice, I know it was from the mirror, I know it was widely reported in other papers.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join