It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uncle Sam needs 'Gays in Military' now more than ever!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Lawmakers called Thursday for an end to the Pentagon's ban on gays in the military, citing findings in a government report that the prohibition hurts recruiting and retention even as the war in Iraq strains the military's ability to maintain its troop strength.

news.yahoo.com.../latimests/20050225/ts_latimes/banongaysinmilitaryassailed

So.. Should the US lift bans allowing gays into the military at the expense of oh, let's say, postponing the draft of average heterosexual Americans?

"The conventional justification for 'don't ask, don't tell' has been that allowing gays to serve undermines military readiness,"

Get yer' mind outta the gutter boy and keep firing that rifle! oh.. and do it like a'man would this time

[edit on 28-2-2005 by syntaxer]

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I figure a gay man can pull the trigger just like a straight one. I don't think "gay" or "straight" matters when someone's shooting back at you.

If we have a draft, and a gay man gets drafted, what then?

How would they keep from drafting gay men?

Peace

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
I figure a gay man can pull the trigger just like a straight one. I don't think "gay" or "straight" matters when someone's shooting back at you.

Yet the Pentagon has banned Homosexuals in the Military. Perhaps we should write a letter?

If we have a draft, and a gay man gets drafted, what then?

How would they keep from drafting gay men?

Assign them to UN peace keeping missions? Ok just a joke!

I just find it odd, however typical, that when recruitment numbers are low 'uncle sam' becomes flexible in certain areas to keep up with quotas. Hypothetically speaking, there might be something wrong with who is leading our nation when 76% of our military is made up of Blacks, Hispanics, Homosexuals and Criminals.

btw I made up that number...

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by syntaxer
Yet the Pentagon has banned Homosexuals in the Military. Perhaps we should write a letter?

No letter needed. Like I said, our military is going to have to rethink that policy because of the Pandoras Box that a draft will open regarding homosexuals. I don't think that the parents of kids who get drafted are going to be too happy knowing that there were a bunch of homosexuals out there who wanted to volunteer for service but were unable to because of an outdated (IMO) policy. So either homosexuals will once again be allowed to volunteer, or a draft will force the government's hand. A war footing has a way of doing this.

Originally posted by syntaxer
I just find it odd, however typical, that when recruitment numbers are low 'uncle sam' becomes flexible in certain areas to keep up with quotas.

Exactly!

Peace

[edit on 28-2-2005 by Dr Love]

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Thats a great thing. The govermant needs more troops to win this war.

new topics

top topics

join