It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Urban Military Exercise - Downtown LA

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: UncleTomahawk

Any control Congress exerts over training has nothing to do with the types of training or where the training takes place. That is left to the military to determine. Congress can dictate things like they tried in HR3598, but they have no control over day to day operations.

The military doesn't dictate to anyone where the training takes place. Many times they've gone to local officials to discuss training in their cities and been told no, and moved to a secondary location. The local officials can and have said no, and can and do say yes. There's no gun held to their head, and there's no vote held, and there won't be. In many cases local officials invite the military in to train in their city.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
Yes congress can have a say over day to day operations of the military. I agree that they do not currently but have very much directed procedures and such.They do have the ability to pass laws that govern military operations and duties.

Again i am saying that the people should be allowed to vote on the matter and you continue to counter with current procedures and try to pretend the military is above the government but they are also fair in their decisions. They are not above the government and the congress could disband the military if they choose to and as far as the current procedures being fair that is an opinion.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I have never once even implied that they're above the government. I have stated that at no point in time have we voted to control the military and the odds of that starting are so remote it's not funny.

Congress CAN do a lot of things, which I'd think you'd be against them having that much control over the day to day of the country.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

I have never once even implied that they're above the government. I have stated that at no point in time have we voted to control the military and the odds of that starting are so remote it's not funny.

Congress CAN do a lot of things, which I'd think you'd be against them having that much control over the day to day of the country.

They do have that much control and yes i have problems with that also so you are right there. You are wrong that we have never voted as per control of the military. It has taken place nearly every year on issues that effect the military and i do see the need to keep it minimized.

I still hold out hope that the issue of training in public takes a more public stance when decisions are being made preferably in open forums where voting takes place instead of behind closed doors with an announcement a couple days before an event.

Heck i can see towns that want to have such happen becoming hotbeds for patriotism and freedom. Volunteerism is a great thing and i might even provide bbq to such events. I envision a future where such training and parades could happen in a manner that makes us even greater instead of giving people the impression of being taken over by military.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Bro, I like seeing my helicopters, and my boats with badass guns, and all this cool ghost recon type #. And I enjoy it with some steak in a stick, and a beer if there is a guy doing that again. I hope there will be next year.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Bro, I like seeing my helicopters, and my boats with badass guns, and all this cool ghost recon type #. And I enjoy it with some steak in a stick, and a beer if there is a guy doing that again. I hope there will be next year.

That is great. How about this...The guy that does not like to se all that also has a say.

I believe that it can be done voluntary where such happens where the majority of people have views like yours and in places they do not want to see such they should have that right to not have to.

Imagine that a world where people have a say.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Have you got any evidence that anyone ever got scared about or felt oppressed by any of these exercises?

I have Chinooks and Hercules flying low over my roof almost weekly and it doesn't bother me. Apaches, too. It's quite cool.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

yea just search in youtube for the exercise..

seemed like every news station there was interviewing people upset and such.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Snowflakes?

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   

in la?

they should still have a say in the matter

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   

They don't have "Snowflakes" in LA?

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   

If you want the military to take over then that is your choice. Everybody does not agree with you and everyone should have a voice without being demonized for their choice or persona. Seems kinda low to start calling people names cause they have different views as you.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I am reading stuff that says the 'Drills' in LA were to find and seize the biological agents that terror cells were going to release on the LA public.

The military raid aspect of the so-called LA drills was, in reality, not a drill at all.

In fact, one of my sources, stated that this drill prevented the release of a biological weapon in the LA area.
This threat has now been neutralized.

The source of the planned biological attack emanated from paramilitary forces from Guatemalan sources who were trained at the paramilitary base training camps in El Salvador that I have identified in past articles and in interviews condcted on The Common Sense Show …

see link here: www.thecommonsenseshow.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

That the bad guys managed to time perfectly with Emerald Warrior 19, which is going on in multiple locations. Amazing how that happens.

I had to laugh at this though.

The CSS has learned that forces supporting the Trump administration are conducting raids against the Clinton Foundation in LA. The people of LA have been in a tizzy since they have witnessed massive military operations and drills in their city. This operation had a dual purpose (1) To rehearse subjugating a potentially rebellious population that might be moved to riot if key Deep State personnel, connected to the Clinton Foundation, are indicted by the Trump administration; and, (2) Under the guise of military drills, to conduct the seizure of evidence to be used against the Clinton Foundation assets particularly in the area of sex-trafficking operations.

Of course they were.
edit on 2/12/2019 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

That makes more sense than lets have a training exercise in public even though we do not train in public.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Except that they do and have for years.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: UncleTomahawk

If you want the military to take over then that is your choice. Everybody does not agree with you and everyone should have a voice without being demonized for their choice or persona. Seems kinda low to start calling people names cause they have different views as you.

I want the military to take over? You get that from me asking you a question?

Seems that not everyone agrees with you but there you go. That's life.

I will just make a quick note here: "No sense of humour whatsoever". Done.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Na. The majority of training happens in private and there is a recent push for nationalism.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Na. They've been holding training exercise in cities for years now, in addition to training on their ranges.
edit on 2/12/2019 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Na. They've been holding training exercise in cities for years now, in addition to training on their ranges.

Yes it has happened in the past but this admin wants much more of it and uses people like you for cover.

Why not let it be voluntary.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join