It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Urban Military Exercise - Downtown LA

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: UncleTomahawk

Kudos to everyone for listening to others opinions without blowing a gasket and such.

Regardless, the notion that the military should always be out of sight so as to not offend you sensibilities is asinine.

I do wonder if you all would be ok if the military began to train in every major usa city so that they could be prepared if they ever had to be deployed on a mission there?

I did 30 days in NTC before Afghanistan. When I got to Afghanistan I realized that it was NOTHING like NTC despite the desert environment.

There is no training facility for modern urban SOF training.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

That is not a blackhawk.

I live in a 'small town' that is located near a training grounds, trust me you don't see a black hawk at night, you hear it first.

I don't know what is going on but I doubt that it was a black hawk, as for the event, practice makes perfect, EMT's make training runs all the time.

This is a Black Hawk

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Maybe we would be better served if the government stopped funding the armed forces unless there is a real invasion. We could then privately fund the military and then they could go fight anywhere they want if they got the funding.

You all could train and such but you would need a gofundme page....

That is how it is supposed to be according to the founders.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Kudos to everyone for listening to others opinions without blowing a gasket and such.

Regardless, the notion that the military should always be out of sight so as to not offend you sensibilities is asinine.

I do wonder if you all would be ok if the military began to train in every major usa city so that they could be prepared if they ever had to be deployed on a mission there?

I did 30 days in NTC before Afghanistan. When I got to Afghanistan I realized that it was NOTHING like NTC despite the desert environment.

There is no training facility for modern urban SOF training.

Wrong on both accounts.

There are cities in the deserts where they pay muslims to live and be part of training. I have seen some docu's on it is very lifelike cause they are actually living there. Troops get to do everything except slit throats.

Also how long before we need to start sacrificing people in training so that you all can be better prepared?

My friend if you can not see that having troops on american streets is a slap in the face to sovereignty then there is no hope i can see to help you understand the pov of someone who tries to understand the will of the founders of this nation had in mind.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   

You're full of it.

Nice little Hollywood fantasy there.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Maybe we would be better served if the government stopped funding the armed forces unless there is a real invasion. We could then privately fund the military and then they could go fight anywhere they want if they got the funding.

Spoken like someone who knows nothing about modern warfare. Which, by the way, has been extremely fast and deadly since the start of the Cold War.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Spoken like someone who knows nothing about modern warfare. Which, by the way, has been extremely fast and deadly since the start of the Cold War.

So fast and deadly we gotta train in public in order to survive.

You seem to be making the same claim as i have that the forces are the most badass in the world but i keep in mind we become that way without harassing the public by training in peoples front door.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Truth be told those night raids are actual operations sold as training and drills. They are probably retrieveing the money hands behind the traitorous DNC communist sell outs. You know, the people that pay all the money for others to be loud and vocal and be seen so we do not know their identity.

Now this is a proper show of capabilities that the public fully enjoys and views regularly here in my town. None of our residents are scared, intimidated, terrorfied, confused or upset. In fact we frequently enjoy this show.

Notice how the Colombians participated with us as well last year?? Maybe that team was preparing for Venezuela 🤔

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I like truth and i have givin thought to such. Now in order for those operations to be legal and i have to assume they came about in a legal manner and those in high positions in military share my view that such operations in usa would have to be a last resort. In that case we could assume that the corruption surrounding such is so intertwined into police and government agencies that for national security purposes the military would have to be used. That is some very worrying thoughts.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

No, they really aren't. They really are just urban training in realistic environments. Unless of course you can prove otherwise.
edit on 2/8/2019 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Dude you have Zero clue what you are talking about.

link   

link   

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Why would the military choose to scare people by holding drills coordinating with law enforcement? I do not understand how they think it is ok to harass the public for no good reason. Hoping you have a legit answer other than the necessity of training cause that really makes no since because we have mock cities/training facilities we pay many tax dollars for.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Here is the mostest funnest video i found.
Apparently it was training for a raid on trump tower.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: 38181

Perhaps you could pass me some knowledge that would set me free from what you perceive as having no clue?

The thing is that when the public hears explosions and see military troops it scares them. I think the reason is because training in the public has never been accepted as normal and seeing the military in the streets like you would in a communist country is not normal for us.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I wonder if some of you would be in favor of the police getting the military to serve warrants from now on since it is so dangerous to do a no knock warrant?

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   

They coordinate with law enforcement to keep the training areas clear. It's kind of important to keep things like landing areas clear of people crossing the street, don't you think?

Just because you decide they're harassing citizens doesn't mean that they are. A lot of the people you have declared as being harassed actually enjoy watching the training, because they don't normally get to see something like that. Not everyone does, but it's far from harassment as you claim.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   

And just as many people enjoy seeing the training going on. You can find plenty of videos of people cheering as they go by and as they hear them "shooting".

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

They coordinate with law enforcement to keep the training areas clear. It's kind of important to keep things like landing areas clear of people crossing the street, don't you think?

Just because you decide they're harassing citizens doesn't mean that they are. A lot of the people you have declared as being harassed actually enjoy watching the training, because they don't normally get to see something like that. Not everyone does, but it's far from harassment as you claim.

I gathered my opinion of harassment from viewing many news reports of the incidents. Dang your comments do not seem to be in line with the general public view of the situation.
To see what i am talking about the news reports are posted on youtube. I did not see any that were in support of the events but they maybe out there but are in the minority.

I did research where it said the events were coordinated with local and state law enforcement and land owners but no where did i read that the public was notified or had a vote on the issue. I believe any such vote would not have allowed such training.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join