It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Urban Military Exercise - Downtown LA

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Another video has surfaced, reportedly filmed on Feb. 4th 2019, appearing to show six Blackhawk choppers taking it in turns landing on an urban street and picking up troops before again flying off.

It's a great snippet of footage, and I have to say that it looks like an awful lot of fun for the guys and gals involved,

So this being ATS, and just for fun, what are the chances that it was some kind of black-op?

I've seen similar videos before, but how common are these kinds of exercises? I've never heard of similar in the U.K.

Anyway, of 'yall fancy using my tiny little island for these kinds of exercises, please, have at it and I'll get my camera gear out!

ETA, video courtesy of @AlexStrezev

edit on 6/2/2019 by MerkabaTribeEntity because: Added video credit where due

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 06:27 AM
link   
A US navy P8 had been viewed on radar tracking carrying out surveillance above LA in relation to the exercise.

www.thedrive.com...

2 Nightstalker MH-6 Littlebird were caught on video racing through downtown LA

The exercise is part of a larger special forces exercise called Emerald Warrior/Emerald Trident. Is this a similar exercise to Jade Helm?

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

That is not a blackhawk.

I live in a 'small town' that is located near a training grounds, trust me you don't see a black hawk at night, you hear it first.

I don't know what is going on but I doubt that it was a black hawk, as for the event, practice makes perfect, EMT's make training runs all the time.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 06:50 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 07:08 AM
link   
MH-6 Little bird.

a reply to: Thecakeisalie

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Trumps is going to take our guns!!!

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Operation pedoraid.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: blackbird9393

It's a two week exercise involving SOCOM, partner nations, and support units. It's taking place in Florida as well.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Thanks for the responses guys, Island life seems pretty mundane to what goes on over the pond!

We're lucky if a chopper stops to winch someone up from the beach during one of our air displays, what I see in that video dumps all over it

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Trumps is going to take our guns!!!

🤣 👌

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

That is not a blackhawk.

The two helos at the end of the video are Black Hawks (MH-60M) See from 1:10. The small helos before that are Little Birds (MH/AH-6M)

Looks to be US Army 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment "Night Stalkers"

MH-6M / AH-6M Little Bird

MH-6 image link

MH-60M Black Hawk

MH-60M image link

160th Night Stalkers Wiki link

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   

I miss doing this stuff.

You're right OP, it's a hell of a lot of fun.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: tommyjo

Yep.

The UES is what gives away the model of the MH.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

First few were little birds.

Last two aircraft were MH60M Blackhawks.

One goes down for pick up the other stays aloft for security.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Gotta love that nationalism in effect. There is only one thing better than a military parade for a nationalist....martial law

We should invite lil kim to the party. He could give some pointers as to how to effectively portray a more authoritarian view for potus.
edit on 6-2-2019 by UncleTomahawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Thanks Zaph. I was half expecting this place to turn into summer 2015 all over again with the Walmart threads!!

a reply to: Zaphod58

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Not likely a black op of any kind.

Based on definition;
A black operation (or black op) is a covert operation or clandestine operation by a government agency, a military unit or a paramilitary organization. ... Key features of a black operation are that it is secret and it is not attributable to the organization carrying it out.

More often than not, these are training exercises.
National Guard, Reserves and possibly some Active Duty military personnel will be involved.

It sounds like pilots needs flight hours, and the troops are conducting air assault style infil and exfil. These types of exercises are not unusual, it's just that they don't happen often off base.

Most troops who aren't in an air assault unit, like the 101st, may never dismount a rotary wing craft.

So these exercises, like the one mentioned here or even large mass scale like Jadehelm, often take place on military reserved land.

There's always a chance, something else was taking place under every one's nose. Like testing a covert team during the same training operation.

To even begin to find a clue, one would need to look at local units, and any from out of state, that were involved.

There's probably a public announcement available, explaining what they were doing.

Black ops by definition are disavowed, so if we see it, it is not a clandestine action. Not saying clandestine actions can't be seen, but we would not see it for what it is, until as an afterthought.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: UncleTomahawk
Gotta love that nationalism in effect. There is only one thing better than a military parade for a nationalist....martial law

We should invite lil kim to the party. He could give some pointers as to how to effectively portray a more authoritarian view for potus.

This is just practice for when Trump swoops in and takes the governor of california and the mayor of San francisco in for sedition.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: UncleTomahawk

martial law

Where do you see martial law?

This is a training exercise that would have taken place with or without Trump being president.

We you not paying attention when several of these were conducted around the nation?

Remember when people got bent out of shape over Jade Helm 15?

You should revisit that before making such asinine statements.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: blackbird9393

That’s exactly what I thought before I even seen it.
Little birdz

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Oh is it already going on down town??? I always forget to check my local news. I think Tampa's event is much better organized for public viewing.

That means the convention center is hosting the spec ops trade show again isnt it??

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join