It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Root of The Problem with USA Politics

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Well said. Its true that debt is basically slavery. And yes the Lobbyists, Special interests all tie in with the Federal Rothchild reserve bank. But those same people who were behind the plan on destroying the U.S from within also have power in what i mentioned in that post. As long as they remain hidden, they will only repeat the same actions over and over again like the serpent that eats its own tail. A system must be in place to prevent such things from occurring again.

Lincoln had the right idea and so did John F Kennedy. But they both got murdered for their attempts for the very reason you posted:

The London Times printed the following: "If that mischievous financial policy, which had its origin in the North American Republic, should become indurated down to a fixture, then that Government will furnish its own money without cost. It will pay off debts and be without a debt. It will have all the money necessary to carry on its commerce. It will become prosperous beyond precedent in the history of the civilized governments of the world. The brains and the wealth of all countries will go to North America. That government must be destroyed, or it will destroy every monarchy on the globe."

This makes me wonder if the monarchy still has influence over our country and our economy. Mater Amschel Rothschild did promise the king at that time. So I wonder if that family still bows to the queen. But even if that is the case, the Pope is still above the queen.

However during the civil war; Abraham Lincoln was aware of the nature of the Jesuits. He stated:

“... it is not against the Americans of the South, alone, I am fighting. It is more against the Pope of Rome, his perfidious Jesuits and their blind and blood-thirsty slaves that we have to defend ourselves.”

Source: 10 facts you must know about the Jesuits

edit on th2019000000Tuesdayth000000Tue, 05 Feb 2019 22:39:18 -0600fAmerica/ChicagoTue, 05 Feb 2019 22:39:18 -0600 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Groot

Yes...I do realize that most people can't even wipe their own asses without approval....whats the point again, the root of the problem?
I think it is people putting up with it and then listening to people whine about it....no wonder people are so pissed off??

Ooooh...I am a mod with an opinion,great point skippy.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun
a reply to: Groot

Yes...I do realize that most people can't even wipe their own asses without approval....whats the point again, the root of the problem?
I think it is people putting up with it and then listening to people whine about it....no wonder people are so pissed off??

Ooooh...I am a mod with an opinion,great point skippy.

You seem like a mod with a crappy bedside manner.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Cry me a river.

edit on 5-2-2019 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

I am not your nurse and am not offering you bedside manner...quit being so self entitled.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheTruthRocks
Take the money out of politics and focus on running the country.

The sleazeballs will leave and go somewhere else.

It's not just money that corrupts. Money is nothing more than a tool to attain power and control. Sure, it is the preferred method of corporations to attain power and wield influence. And it certainly has its negative consequences. But to think that all the evils in politics would disappear overnight if you took out the money is patently wrong. That is not to say we shouldn't curb its influence, however.

There are myriad means for control that don't involve outside corporate interests buying the government or the people. It works the other way around too. All the worst dictators in history gained consent through the carrot and the stick. By making everyone think that they are a friend of the people by showering them with these great gifts from the government.

This is why while I'm interested in implementing socialized medicine in the U.S. I am extremely wary of any politician running on it as their platform. We have to be cognizant of what these people in government are actually buying from us when they say they want to give you this "free stuff". And we have to be mindful to limit their power over us and not give them too much rope to hang us with - especially in this age of information, A.I., mass surveillance and rising global authoritarianism.

It's not too dissimilar to Google's economic model where they give you all this "free stuff" to use in your every day life, but are in actually spying on every aspect of your life and manipulating you into doing their bidding. It is like how the bait on the hook is free for the fish to swallow until it ends up in the marketplace sold as food itself for another animal to consume.

For me, I consider the best political approach to be liberal in theory, but conservative in application.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Cry me a river.

I am not your nurse and am not offering you bedside manner...quit being so self entitled.

I'm not being self-entitled nor am I asking you to be my nurse (it's kind of an analogy, you see).

I'm simply pointing out that you're rude. As a mod, I would think you would be expected to behave better.
edit on 5-2-2019 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 11:12 PM
link   

I'm simoly pointing out that you're rude.

Click yer heels, you might be in a better place.
Yes I am rude...maybe I am sick of you idiotic americans pretending to know the root of the problem while making the North Koreans look like they have never lived in propagandaville before.

I had an American actually wish me a merry xmas and tell me they know i don't celebrate it because it is only an american holiday.

I hope people realize how fooking dumb that is and how dumb you all look.

OMG the SOTU is on....GOTTA watch this informative program!!!

North Korea has NOTHING on you.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
Lobbyists absolutely DO represent the people. Everyone who votes has some special interest that they hold dear. If you like it or not there is some lobbyist that is funded as a spokes person for an issue you hold dear. The common misconception about lobbyists is that they are all dirty, certainly there are many that are, however for every one that is dirty there are at least a dozen that are not. If ATS really wanted to, we could band together and fund a PR person to attempt to influence politicians for what ever thing we found the most wanting of attention.

Removing lobbyists is the removal of freedom of speech, and at that one of the most important types of free speech, the ability to spend your hard work on what ever you see fit. Just because this free speech is funded through fiat does not mean that it is not freedom of speech, however it is the corruption of the use of this fiat as bribes or incentives that is the real problem.

Here is a website that has a list of lobbyists, that obviously is no all inclusive.
lobbydata.com...
That site also has lists of categories that they specialize in as well.
I can guarantee if you actually look there is a lobbyist for a special interest you hold dear, and they will be more than happy to correspond with you about that special interest you hold in common.

Just because you have been fed the lines about the bogey man of special interests and lobbyists does not mean they are all bad. It is a story as old as politics, attack all things you dislike while conveniently shielding those that you do like and pretending that it does not apply to your own.

edit on 5-2-2019 by dubiousatworst because: information source

Edit 2
www.opensecrets.org...
another source of information, since the other one has a paywall associated with the reports it offers.
edit on 6-2-2019 by dubiousatworst because: Edit 2 Boogalooooo

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: dubiousatworst

The problem is that it ends up with monopolies that concentrate all the power and we end up with a very small percentage of people controlling the vast majority, the people are always promised trickle down and each and every time are pissed on.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
"Trickle down" is specifically a term used to obfuscate and mischaracterize characteristics of an economic approach, and has absolutely nothing to do with anything I typed.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Yes I know, there are lots of ways in we get sold a bit fat load of nothing . I mentioned trickle down because it's another way we get fleeced.
edit on 6-2-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Yes I am rude...maybe I am sick of you idiotic americans pretending to know the root of the problem while making the North Koreans look like they have never lived in propagandaville before.

I had an American actually wish me a merry xmas and tell me they know i don't celebrate it because it is only an american holiday.

I appreciate the rant. The poster was less than cordial.
But your analogies did not hold up. You cannot hold a populace to a single mentality, just as you cannot hold a skin tone to a single mentality.

You are angry, outraged, or upset. Perhaps sleep on it, before posting a further response.

Kind words offered in good faith. You can do what mods do if I am speaking out of line.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Wow, dude. Coming unglued, are we?

You've clearly got some issues bottled up and man, you should talk about that with someone. Otherwise, you might completely and totally overreact to a comment and in addition you might spew a bunch of stuff that has literally nothing to do with the comment and person to which you're overreacting.

I know mods are people too, so I'll just assume you're having a really bad day and that you'll be embarrassed about this tomorrow. Feel better, man.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

The problem is that it ends up with monopolies that concentrate all the power and we end up with a very small percentage of people controlling the vast majority, the people are always promised trickle down and each and every time are pissed on.

I agree. The lobbyists force the politicians to pass laws giving advantages and thereby destroying the free-market. Lobbyists force the politicians to pass laws creating cartels and monopolies in exchange for campaign financing. Campaign financing is like heroin for politicians. It makes the absolutely crazy and obedient. If you are billionaire in this country you have really good representation in Congress. If you are a worker making the median wage you are screwed.

Take healthcare for example. The same people who own the hospital own the healthcare "providers". The hospital raises it's prices on goods and services. The healthcare "provide" then increase the cost of the premium on the consumer. The yearly cost of a healthcare premium has on average risen 20% per year for over 30 years year. The premium essentially doubles every 5 years. This has been happening before and after ACA was passed. What we need is a law creating a Chinese wall between the owners of hospitals and healthcare "providers". But it will never happen!

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Unfortunately, we Americans are just way too proud to ever be embarrassed by our actions or way of being in the World.

edit on 6-2-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: SoulSurfer

The Pope isn't the richest person in the world, because he doesn't own the assets of the Catholic Church. He's simply the Grand Poobah, appointed by a global panel of church officials.

He couldn't put the bones of Saint Germaine on Ebay even if he wanted to.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
Our fiat currency...

All world currency is fiat, no one use commodity money.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: SoulSurfer
...and so did John F Kennedy. But they both got murdered...

Stop making things up, Kennedy wasn't murdered because of some currency conspiracy.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   
'special interest groups'
practically all of us belong to a 'special interest'. ethnic minorites, women, farmers, veterans, etc etc.

people like Nancy Pelosi get elected because she serves the SIGs of her district (green millionaires, tech loonies, gays, addled intellectuals).
Mitch McConnell has his own SIGs (veterans, businessmen, conservative Christians).
one person's 'SIG' is another's core constituency

power always leads to corruption.
the antidote is an active free media which will investigate and expose said corruption.
unfortunately we today have a hyperpartisan media that blatantly lies and favors one side.
'The People' basically have no advocate in the system.

best thing we can do is vote for fair candidates and support independent media.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   
People are losing the ability to think individually, independently, devolving into primitive tribalism mixed with politics.

The inevitable downfall of humanity.

<< 1    3 >>

join