It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Root of The Problem with USA Politics

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Lobbyists.

Special interests.

Get rid of these 2 things and we could be on the road to claiming our great country back.

Take away the money that is poured into politicians pockets from these 2 factors and what do you get?

Prove me wrong.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   
And career politicians.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
And career politicians.

Yep, forgot to through that in there.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Groot

The problem is with the general population.

we could be on the road to claiming our great country back.

300 million people who put up with lobbyists and special interest groups?
That WE??

Prove me wrong.

I just did.

Whats the issue again?

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Take the money out of politics and focus on running the country.

The sleazeballs will leave and go somewhere else.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 10:10 PM
link   

What people need to do is expose the Illuminati satanic cabal first because they are still hiding in the shadows. Those two things you mentioned are only small branches of the bigger problem we face which is called mystery babylon.
THIS is the root of the problem:

The conspiracy is far more monstrous and bigger than you think it is. You can't just focus on small fries because that will ultimately resolve nothing.

Take this as a grain of salt.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 10:10 PM
link   

The state of the union is we have no union.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 10:12 PM
link   

And career politicians.

Who would want to be a career politician if it is no longer financially viable?

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: SoulSurfer

The decline in money supply between 1929 and 1933 fell 30.9 percent from its 1929 level.

During the civil war Lincoln created legal tender to fund his war effort. It was interest free money outside the Federal Reserve fractional system. It worked great! People had plenty of money to buy all the goods and services they needed to live their lives with freedom and liberty.

"The Treasury notes were printed with green ink on the back, so the people called them "Greenbacks". Lincoln printed 400 million dollars worth of Greenbacks (the exact amount being $449,338,902), money that he delegated to be created, a debt-free and interest-free money to finance the War. It served as legal tender for all debts, public and private. He printed it, paid it to the soldiers, to the U.S. Civil Service employees, and bought supplies for war.

Shortly after that happened, The London Times printed the following: "If that mischievous financial policy, which had its origin in the North American Republic, should become indurated down to a fixture, then that Government will furnish its own money without cost. It will pay off debts and be without a debt. It will have all the money necessary to carry on its commerce. It will become prosperous beyond precedent in the history of the civilized governments of the world. The brains and the wealth of all countries will go to North America. That government must be destroyed, or it will destroy every monarchy on the globe."

Our fiat currency and the Federal Reserve system guarantee our country will always be in debt and never get out of debt. We will always be slaves as long as fiat currency exists. Every president who has created interest free money in this country by getting the Treasury Department to print legal tender has been assassinated.

"Give me control of a nation's money supply, and I care not who makes it’s laws". Mater Amschel Rothschild

edit on 5-2-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun

That WE??

Prove me wrong.

I just did.

Whats the issue again?

Maybe Groot will understand the point you're trying to make, but I sure don't.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 10:18 PM
link   

That WE??

Prove me wrong.

I just did.

Whats the issue again?

Did you drummer boy? You know the general populous is being controlled by those companies who lobby those politicians who tell people via the media what to do.

Do you think like the general populous? I would think not if you are a mod here. But, I could be wrong.

Cheers, bud !

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Where does a political party fit in that believes in raising taxes 70%, getting rid of health insurance, and killing babies fit in?
edit on 2/5/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 10:21 PM
link   

It’s not so much the lobbyists and special interests as much as it is the politicians who are influenced by it. The lobbyists and special interests are mostly citizens – like us.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

That WE??

Prove me wrong.

I just did.

Whats the issue again?

Maybe Groot will understand the point you're trying to make, but I sure don't.

Those special interest groups do not represent the people yet they are not challenged by the people so we only have ourselves to blame.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

And career politicians.

Who would want to be a career politician if it is no longer financially viable?

Might be a good starting point. If you feel like doing something because it is the right thing to do versus doing it for alot of money, what would you do or anyone else.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Back in the beginning our government was made up of people who did the job voluntarily and worked together for the greater good of the citizens as a whole. They actually took turns holding office. Nowadays too many of our politicians have become filthy rich while in office when the amount they are being officially paid is not even close to the amount of wealth they amass. Too much money passing under the table and dirty backroom deals going down and the American people suffer for it. We need to stop voting for these old gangsters and encourage people with integrity to seek office. Make term limits happen and put an end to lifelong pensions for these dirty dealers!

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Groot
Lobbyists.

Special interests.

Get rid of these 2 things and we could be on the road to claiming our great country back.

Take away the money that is poured into politicians pockets from these 2 factors and what do you get?

Prove me wrong.

The people are aware of this but politics has become a religion where its blasphemy to hold your own party accountable.

The gop,dnc , and msm have done an incredible job taking common sense away from voters on both party.

Conflict of interest should be priority 1 for both parties. It should be an easy issue to unite on that would benefit the majority of americans including both parties. However, the gop,dnc,msm wants you focused on other things. Like having a group of people with conflict of interest trying to solve YOUR priblems such as healthcare,welfare,taxes,etc .

because you know, its such a brilliant idea to have someone with conflict of interest to help you solve your problems that they created in the first place.

Bottom line untill we address conflict of interest its pointless to try to fix anything.
edit on 35228America/ChicagoTue, 05 Feb 2019 22:35:23 -0600000000p2842 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 10:28 PM
link   

If one wishes to work in public service, that should be the primary reason.

We have millionaire politicians and billionaires who donated to them.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Where does a political party fit in that believes in raising taxes 70%, getting rid of health insurance, and killing babies fit in?

For personal gain at the expense of the tax payer. Screw you, money talks is the mind set these days. Finding that balance of getting votes, taking care of your constituents and screw everyone else because you will get elected again to keep making money.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

For personal gain at the expense of the tax payer. Screw you, money talks is the mind set these days. Finding that balance of getting votes, taking care of your constituents and screw everyone else because you will get elected again to keep making money.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join