It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The media sure hates Trump

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Ok, I'm pretty neutral when it comes to Trump, but the media bias is a little sickening.

I'll give a humorous example

www.cnn.com...
"Trump's plain style indicates simplistic thinking."

www.npr.org...
"The Art Of Language, Obama-Style"
"He relies on simple language"

So when Trump talks simple, he is dumb, when Obama talks simple, it is Art.

I know people are tired of hearing the term, Fake News. I think we are all just tired of the bias.

"Americans in general have begun to catch on: 66 percent of Americans believe that the media has a hard time separating fact from opinion and, according to a recent Gallup poll, 62 percent of the country believes that the press is biased one way or the other in their reporting."
www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Welcome to the joys of left-wing media.

If Trump were to step on a crack, CNN would be reporting that he broke a momma's back.

I think Trump is a pompous, arrogant asshat, but I also think he's the president, and I'm sick and tired of the MSM in general trying to bring the guy down.

The reason we are divided is because true journalism is dead, and opinionism has replaced it. I would be the first person to tell you the 1st amendment needs some amending. Media has a responsibility, and they should also face consequences if they blatentny abuse the amendment that protects them.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   

If You Don't Like Their Plan , Don't Listen to Their Plan .......

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Because he cannot be bought, like all the typical bureaucrats--on both sides of the aisle.

Yeah, he does not know when to keep his mouth shut, but he's in nobody's pocket.

That has turned the 'business as usual' political process on its ear.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Holy crap. THAT'S what it is!! Thank you! I couldn't quite pit my finger on what it is about the relationship between US media and their president.

I can't believe I couldn't see that the media really hates Trump.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TheTruthRocks

Or he's been bought the whole time and this is classic controlled opposition. Silly kids, freedom is only for rabbits. Or something.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 12:17 AM
link   

In reality the opposite is true. There isn’t any “liberal” media. The media is a group of conglomerates ran by shareholders who are overwhelmingly conservative.

If the media was really a liberal media, why the soft ball criticisms you used as examples in the OP? When there is publicly enough to sink him if anyone looked closely? If anything the media isn’t hard enough on the idiocy masquerading as leadership currently occupying the gold toilet.

I think everyone that believes in the liberal media narrative is being played. The media is playing softball with Trump but it’s blasted high and far enough that most people believe it’s an actual attack on him. What the people behind this are doing is creating their own opposition so they can control which battles they win and lose.

The public is being played by buying into the media vs Trump narrative. It’s all one and the same.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I’m not even neutral, I am policy wise on the left. But, the constant media hysteria and hyperbole against everything trump is absurd. It’s an issue unto itself from a journalistic perspective, as such behavior is in opposition to journalistic principles.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 06:46 PM
link   
No. The hysteria and hyperbole since 2016 has without a doubt been majority pro Clinton/dnc and anti trump and supporters. If you can’t see that you are not being objective and probably are residing in insular echo chambers.

It’s not just that, even during the election within the liberal side the media was pro Clinton and anti Bernie sanders/Jill Stein. Wake up. Deny ignorance.
a reply to: underwerks

edit on 6-2-2019 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Trump was the best thing to happen to political media, this is all manufactured

always has

new topics

top topics

join