It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump 2019 State of the Union Address

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

A little too Third Reich-y for my tastes. But, opinions vary

You must be refering to when he talked about the holocaust survivor that was saved by the soldier sitting next to him.

Didn't you get the memo? Saying he's racist doesn't hold water anymore, but if you would like I hear there is a Governor and State Attorney General, Democrat's ofcourse, that you can aim your drivel at.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Hollow speech - he doesn't believe or mean what he says, obviously. Comments "But we must reject the politics of revenge" just crack me up. The guy who wrote in a book specifically that seeking fast and hard revenge is his way of doing business, and hitting back harder - and he has proved this time and again - and he has the gall to make comments like that?

Fake news is apparently only fake news if Trump says so.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Lol
You keep telling everybody water is not wet.
I am sure that will work out well for ya.

Lol
Cnn hates him too and they say 76-24.
Too bad your in the 24 eh?

Politics isn't a competition. I'm not a democrat by any stretch of the imagination, and I thought the speech wasn't good either. I don't think Spiramirabilis was saying "it wasn't a good speech because I hate Trump", they were just saying "it wasn't a good speech".

There's no need to constantly defend the right, and show us polls about how many people liked it (although you seem to only like polls when it benefits Trump/the right). It just isn't a competition. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. That's all this is.

Taking out whether or not you agree with what he was saying, the actual speech itself wasn't that good. In my opinion. I loved George W Bush, but he couldn't put together a good speech to save his life. You can like someone's politics and still think they aren't great at public speaking. You can hate someone's politics and still think they're great public speakers. I wasn't a fan of Obama's policies, but the man can speak.

It isn't a competition.

Also, if you could let us know when it's ok to use polls and when it isn't, maybe a diagram or something, that'd be great. Because right now it's super confusing.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: narrator

What parts of the speech didn't you like?
What was missing that you feel should have been addressed?

We're there any parts of the SOTU you liked? If yes, than which things?

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: shooterbrody

A little too Third Reich-y for my tastes. But, opinions vary

:-)

Especially that part about fighting Antisemitism whenever and where ever it raises it's ugly head.

That sounds exactly like something Hitler said in one of his speeches, am I right?

Do keep trying, it makes your side look even more out of touch.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

It's in some state, and there is no union.

The divide between the people is greater than ever before.

And this is not just an American problem, it's a first world nation problem.

Fact is there is too few haves, and far too many have nots.

Class war is raging which is by design.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

That's my entire point. I'm not talking about the content of the speech. I'm talking about the speech itself, not what was in it. If you were the teacher of a speech class, Trump would not have gotten an A on that speech. Regardless of the content of it, he's just not a great speaker. What he said doesn't matter for my argument, it's HOW he said it. He didn't do a good job. If you gave the exact same speech to Obama, or Jimmy Carter, or JFK, or Mike Rowe, or Joe Scarborough, take your pick, they're going to do better at giving the speech than Trump did. Trump isn't a good public speaker. That's all I'm saying.

Now, moving away from my point.

Didn't like: How he made the SOTU a bipartisan attack-fest. It's a speech to address the entire nation, but it seemed pretty obvious he only wanted to talk to the right-leaning part of the country.

Liked: How he honored the holocaust survivor and soldiers.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Politics isn't a competition.

Then why count the votes?
Seriously
Are you in virginia as well?

I don't think Spiramirabilis was saying

thanks for interpreting for me
Bless your little heart!

There's no need to constantly defend the right

there is no need for you to interject either

Also, if you could let us know when it's ok to use polls and when it isn't, maybe a diagram or something, that'd be great. Because right now it's super confusing.

You set enough standards in your little rant,why stop there? Set standard for who can post what.
Perhaps that will make you happy.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I'm not talking about the content of the speech.

best line ever especially after this bit

the actual speech itself wasn't that good

You really are in virginia arent you?

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   

💥😆💥

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: narrator

That's my entire point. I'm not talking about the content of the speech. I'm talking about the speech itself, not what was in it. If you were the teacher of a speech class, Trump would not have gotten an A on that speech. Regardless of the content of it, he's just not a great speaker. What he said doesn't matter for my argument, it's HOW he said it. He didn't do a good job. If you gave the exact same speech to Obama, or Jimmy Carter, or JFK, or Mike Rowe, or Joe Scarborough, take your pick, they're going to do better at giving the speech than Trump did. Trump isn't a good public speaker. That's all I'm saying.

Didn't like: How he made the SOTU a bipartisan attack-fest. It's a speech to address the entire nation, but it seemed pretty obvious he only wanted to talk to the right-leaning part of the country.

Mwahahahahahahaha!

It's not about ideas or content - it's all about the delivery!

As for your list of 'speakers', I've never heard anything quite so funny in a while. Joe Scarborough? Obama???? They have to be two of the worst public speakers in history! Lol

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Politics isn't a competition.

Then why count the votes?
Seriously
Are you in virginia as well?

I don't think Spiramirabilis was saying

thanks for interpreting for me
Bless your little heart!

There's no need to constantly defend the right

there is no need for you to interject either

You set enough standards in your little rant,why stop there? Set standard for who can post what.
Perhaps that will make you happy.

I hope that you aren't like this in real life. Relax dude.

To clarify (I thought I was being obvious), the SOTU isn't a competition, and politics in general shouldn't be either. I know how elections work, but is there currently an election happening? No? Then why was the SOTU so bipartisan? He's purposely trying to divide the country. And it appears to be working very well.

I didn't interject. I gave you my opinion on the matter. You're welcome to disagree with it, but this is an internet forum, you weren't having a private conversation.

If all polls are ok then, how about this one: projects.fivethirtyeight.com...
40% approval rating. 55% disapproval. That ain't good.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I'm not talking about the content of the speech.

best line ever especially after this bit

the actual speech itself wasn't that good

You really are in virginia arent you?

I don't understand what you mean with your Virginia "jokes", but no, I'm not.

He isn't a good public speaker. The fact that all of you are defending his public speaking this much is proof that you're only defending it because you support Trump. Objectively, it wasn't that good.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: narrator

Mwahahahahahahaha!

It's not about ideas or content - it's all about the delivery!

As for your list of 'speakers', I've never heard anything quite so funny in a while. Joe Scarborough? Obama???? They have to be two of the worst public speakers in history! Lol

I didn't say that. The content is obviously important. What I said was, in terms of giving a speech, he didn't do that well. The content was fine, for the most part. But other people would've delivered it better than him. Just being objective.

You truly think Obama is one of the worst public speakers in history? You've really drunk the Republican kool-aid then. I'm no fan of Obama, but he's one of the best public speakers I've ever heard. Politics aside, he's a great speaker.
You can hate someone's politics and still give credit where it's due. Hitler was one of the worst humans to ever walk the earth, but the guy was a tremendous public speaker. I hate everything he stood for, but I have to credit him for being a good speaker.

As for Scarborough, I was just trying to pick out Republican speakers that could be considered good. I'm not a fan of his at all. But he does seem to have a way with words.
edit on 7-2-2019 by narrator because: eta

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

💥😆💥

I'll never understand how you get away with so many one-line responses, and responses that don't even contain words, and not get called out for posts that don't add anything to the conversation. It baffles me how many posts get removed, yet yours always remain.

Hence why I always ignore what you post. It adds nothing to the conversation.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Obama stuttered and spluttered his way through speeches.
Scarborough's whiny bitch voice makes it impossible for him to be an engaging speaker.

I think Trump delivered his speech pretty well - with on exception.. He moved on from one point to the next too quickly (with no break). At times it was quite jarring.. and took a couple of seconds to realise he had moved on. He's never going to win awards for public speaking.

I am more of a content guy.
Why is it so hard to admit he gave a great speech?

edit on 7/2/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Blah blah trump bad blah blah trump no speak good blah blah trump bad blah blah trump mean bah blah trump bad blah blah trump hate woman blah blah trump not nice blah blah trump make wrong words blah blah

That about cover it?

It was a good speech that even the msm had to acknowledge.
The fact that you cant is a laff riot.

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35 >>

join